FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The End

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The End

Postby admin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 pm

I've only shared this information with a few others, but you all deserve to know.

At some point in time on July 1st, 2016, FactPile.com is shutting down and will redirect everything here, to factpiletopia.com

Reason?

Money. I just can't afford to pay for the hosting of the site which is $219 a month right now and as anyone who's been to the mainland for the past month, the server can't handle everything on the site (all the comments, close to 500k! images and the database is ginormous, just crushes the server.)

I will make a copy of Factpile as it is on the morning of July 1, EST then redirect everything here.

If you want to contact me, use factpile @ gmail .com

I hope some day in the future the "mainland" will rise up and return, but I am not making any promises.

FactPile will still have a web presence so to speak. There are profiles on Pinterest, tumblr, twitter, instagram and facebook. Video matches will appear on Youtube and I'll be broadcasting some gameplay on Twitch.

This really sucks, but it's the reality we're in right now.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The End

Postby Soulerous » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:41 am

I'm awfully sorry to hear the main site will be closing. It really is a great site. Closing it is better than compromising your financial stability though, and I'm glad you're making a copy so that all the great debates we've had aren't lost and can potentially return.

And hey, I'm sure we can have plenty more debates here. Perhaps this forum could adopt FactPile's colors to some degree?
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:48 am

I always wondered how well the server would be holding up with all of those comments, links, and images just sitting there. It's a shame the mainland is going down but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully drifting over to the topia will work out for everyone.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Hitman H94 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:28 am

That really sucks, but at least not everything is lost, everything you've built will still be here.

If you want a pro gamer to play with whilst streaming, hit me up ;)

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby bardian97 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:23 pm

admin wrote:I've only shared this information with a few others, but you all deserve to know.

At some point in time on July 1st, 2016, FactPile.com is shutting down and will redirect everything here, to factpiletopia.com

Reason?

Money. I just can't afford to pay for the hosting of the site which is $219 a month right now and as anyone who's been to the mainland for the past month, the server can't handle everything on the site (all the comments, close to 500k! images and the database is ginormous, just crushes the server.)

I will make a copy of Factpile as it is on the morning of July 1, EST then redirect everything here.

I hope some day in the future the "mainland" will rise up and return, but I am not making any promises.

FactPile will still have a web presence so to speak. There are profiles on Pinterest, tumblr, twitter, instagram and facebook. Video matches will appear on Youtube and I'll be broadcasting some gameplay on Twitch.

What does this mean for the topia? A visual overhaul? A new debate section? Refreshing the mod staff?
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby bardian97 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 pm

bardian97 wrote:
admin wrote:I've only shared this information with a few others, but you all deserve to know.

Reason?

What does this mean for the topia? A visual overhaul? A new debate section? Refreshing the mod staff?

Also, are you planning on telling the mainlanders?
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Return to Factpile Journal