FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Uno amare uno tempore

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Uno amare uno tempore

Postby admin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Wow. Been way too long since I posted one of these.

Thanks to all who have remained loyal to the 'Pile and 'Topia.

Sometimes life gets in the way, and other times I feel bored out of my mind, despite knowing there is always something that I could be working on.

The problem is finding that balance to keep everything running smoothly.

Soo many conversations rattle my brain as to what "direction" FactPile should take next. Not sure how many of you pay attention, but every year I run the mainland site a bit differently. One year I posted two matches a day. Another year saw recaps and reviews on a weekly basis. Last year saw Rookie essentially posting 95% of all matches on the site. (Hat tip to you sir!) and of course, all the mods here who don't get enough recognition for the tireless work they continue to perform for no other reason than that they want to see this "creation" we all have a part in continue to function.

Some of you know what I do "in real life" and while some things I've done to promote FP has worked, nothing has ever reached a level of where I wanted it to be.

But that's going to change this year.

I'm currently gathering my list of action items that I will unleash on the web in efforts to get our community recognized as a place where geeky talk isn't just fanboy speak, but reasoned responses as well.

Time will tell how well or bad this goes.

Stay tuned.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Uno amare uno tempore

Postby Soulerous » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Well, now you just have me excited. I'm eager to see what you have in store.

I also wonder if you've given more thought to merging this forum with the mainland, namely having it located at factpile.com/forum. I still think it's a good idea. (You'd be able to import the records from here, right?)
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:02 am

Well looking forward to seeing what will happen, have to admit I lost interest with the mainland but I am looking for any reason to come back.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby bardian97 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:18 am

I'll be all tuned and whatnot. Don't you worry your pretty little head.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Return to Factpile Journal