FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

We'll Make Great Pets

History of Factpile.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

We'll Make Great Pets

Postby admin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 pm

So, as many of you know I recently had some surgery that removed the fucker known as cancer from my body.

It still pisses me off that I had to lose my right eye because of it, and I have lost some feelings on the right side of my face too. That was from the procedure where they had to remove the nerves and actual skull. So, now I have some titanium plates AS my forehead. About the best thing from this is that I'll be able to headbutt people on that side and I won't feel a damn thing.

ANYWAYS -

I do appreciate the fact that I am still alive, even if I am beat up and looking like a freak. I wanted to share with you some things I have been working on since this site and the mainland have all had an impact on it.

I am in the process of writing three scripts and I already have an agent that is interested in seeing what I come up with. Of course, there are no guarantees other than the fact that someone with influence can do something if they think my writing is any good.

The first project is about Atlantis. And it's something that's never been done before. I've had a few of my Hollywood friends read it and they have given me some pointers on what I need to fix, and I'm working on that now.

Second project is a very unique twist on the over tired zombie story. I've always wondered why zombies seemed to have certain rules. Think of this as an origin story for zombies.

Third project came about as an idea that I've had from my active D&D playing days. I've always liked playing a monk, and by accident, I acquired the domain name of "DeathMonk.com" - and I think it kicks ass and could lead to something that ties into all my other ideas I've ever had.

And finally, I am also helping a friend of mine develop characters for a video game he's working on. Currently, he works at Rockstar (The company that makes all the Grand Theft Auto Games), and he's been working on getting money to self fund the project so that he won't be confined to the typical rules that come with working for someone else.

All of these might fail, but I'm guessing that at least one will work out. I've already decided that the Death Monk will become a graphic novel if nothing else, it will take me a lot of money to fund it, and a few years to get the right visuals for it. The Atlantis script is part of a trilogy. Should it not get the attention of a movie, I have already set out the structure for the story arc that fits nicely as a book series.

I'm sharing all of this with you because for one, you deserve it because of all that you have given to me from your input here. Secondly, I wanted to let you know that no matter what happens, both of these sites will remain and I'll always be a part of this great little place we call the "Topia".

Thank you for reading!
admin
Site Admin

Re: We'll Make Great Pets

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Really sorry about your eye, but hey at least the cancer is gone!

Some interesting things you have going on, would be glad to donate to your kickstarter if you ever make one, which I think you should.

I wish you the very best.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Captain Epic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:12 am

Death Monk sounds so badass.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Soulerous » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I appreciate this post. Good luck with everything.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Evil muNki » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:21 pm

The fact that you have all these things going on is proof that cancer did jack shit to you in the grand scheme of things. Good luck with your projects man.
Evil muNki
All Secrets Known

Return to Factpile Journal