FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Calc Request Thread

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby Tarbel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:06 pm

@CH1C4N0444
Alright, the last scan just seems like a regular nuke level explosion. There are plenty of pictures of explosions + mushroom clouds along with the yield of the bomb that made them so with some more research you could probably find a more accurate estimate. Based on the last scan and a quick google search, the bomb's explosion looks like the last mushroom cloud of this picture of various yields and their cloud formations: http://www.nucleardarkness.org/include/ ... ld_800.gif
That explosion certainly reaches the higher ends of Earth's atmosphere but is no where near the radius of explosion that it seemed in my initial guess based on that one scan (that scan seemed to look like an explosion thousands of miles across). But to get to the point, the explosion's yield is probably anywhere from 10 to 20 megatons worth of TNT.
As a side note: Banner was for a split second super to hypersonic in speed for being able to punch Hulk before being fully vaporized by the blast...but who knows how fast a gamma bomb explodes anyway so whatever >.>
-
-
@wingedlion
The doors I was referring to are probably the buildings you are referring too. I called them doors because they seemed flat when Sora's slashes cut them apart. The speed I was referring to was just the travel speed to get from his leap/cutting through the set of buildings. The slashing speed to cut an object before it falls apart is variable as it depends on how much mass the object has. You'd probably need to cut something like a cup at supersonic speed or faster to not have it fall apart mid-cut while something like a tree, somewhere subsonic will be enough. Then again there a lot more factors involved... And somehow Sora was able to leap past the buildings without making them fall apart upon cutting..
Tarbel
Check My Brain
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby wingedlion » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Tarbel wrote:@wingedlion
The doors I was referring to are probably the buildings you are referring too. I called them doors because they seemed flat when Sora's slashes cut them apart. The speed I was referring to was just the travel speed to get from his leap/cutting through the set of buildings. The slashing speed to cut an object before it falls apart is variable as it depends on how much mass the object has. You'd probably need to cut something like a cup at supersonic speed or faster to not have it fall apart mid-cut while something like a tree, somewhere subsonic will be enough. Then again there a lot more factors involved... And somehow Sora was able to leap past the buildings without making them fall apart upon cutting..


So basically what your saying is that the bigger the object that your slashing is, the slower you'll need to be to slash it before it falls apart?
I see.
Well, what about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0cD4VjKqY0#t=654
In case you need to know the amount of heads that he is slashing, its 7. You can verify by watching the amount of heads that he slashes while on pegasus, which starts at 10:30
Also, could you tell how fast Sora and Riku were moving at 46:06?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby Tarbel » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:02 am

Kind of. It's about how much mass the object has, which gives it more inertia so it tends to stay in place. There are a crap ton more factors too like the thickness of the cutting blade, the hardness/stickiness of the material being cut, what happens to the material as it is being cut.. So quite hard to quantify, especially because things like this don't happen often in real life.
-
Hard to gauge as Sora literally disappears when he jumps to slash. If he doesn't have some longer distance cutting ability than he would have to travel an average of like ~15 feet to get to each head/neck combined with the about ~50 feet he jumped. He does the whole slashing in around 1 second so 7*15ft + 50 ft is equal to 155 ft/s ~= 47 m/s. This is really simplified though because it's hard to gauge exactly how he does the feat.
-
Very hard to gauge accurately, but I can give some very simplified/general estimates.
They don't actually need to move extremely fast (sub-sonic), but it requires pretty fast reaction time. Estimating, it seems the furthest points from the spherical array of laser balls is about ~40 feet and maybe reaches them in about a quarter of a second, laserball speed ~=160fps. There's probably over 30 per second coming at them from any direction. Keep in mind that Sora and Riku can probably deflect more than one laser ball at once, especially when they are that big, and they could probably deflect as much as 3 balls with each reacting swing. Assuming they deflect four balls each swing before deflecting another set of balls, Sora and Riku can take out 6 balls in total with their swings. So to cover all the balls in 1 second, they'll each need to swing 5 times (they of course they aren't doing individual swings, more like a continuous deflecting, so a swing in this case is just a full arm's length movement with the sword). This estimate seems to go along about right with the video. So one swing will happen in 1/5th of second, and a full arm movement is about one's height, so about 5 feet. Thus they are deflecting/moving with their arms+sword continuously at about 25fps or ~8 m/s. Then again this doesn't account for them moving to block the laser balls..
Ehh honestly, this is too hard to quantify and I don't trust how I've calculated it so far either. Let's just put this as casual arrow dodging/deflecting reaction time.
Tarbel
Check My Brain
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby wingedlion » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 am

I see.
-
Very well then. Thanks anyway.
-
Ah, i thought it would be a bit faster than that. Very well then. Thanks anyway.
-
I was going to ask for more calcs for KH, but i don't have time for that right now, so could you tell me if this calc is correct? It's another Fate/zero calc.
http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18307
EDIT: Also, at the last fate/zero speed calc you said that they may have been moving at supersonic speeds. Is this true? And could i still use it for that?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:44 am

How fast would you need to be to react like this?

http://i.imgur.com/ms9ANqp.jpg

Keep in mind IM's Repulsor rays are light speed.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... -Comic.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... -repul.jpg
Image
Image
User avatar
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby Tarbel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:13 pm

@wingedlion
He seems to be basing his calc off this quote:
"The prana, accelerated by the factor of the released dragon, became a streak of light, a swirling and surging torrent that devoured the sea demon together with the dark night.
A silent scream rose within the river water evaporating in an instant, as every single atom composing the body of the giant sea demon that had been the embodiment of terror were exposed to the scorching impact.
But in the center of the sea demon being completely burnt to cinders, within a fortress of bulky defiled flesh, Caster simply wordlessly watched over this moment of white blinding annihilation which had stolen his heart. "
-
He says this quote is suggesting total atomization of the demon. But the literal line is "every single atom composing the body of the giant sea demon that had been the embodiment of terror were exposed to the scorching impact," which is the same as all the atoms of the demon were exposed to the heat of the attack, which is the same as the demon was exposed to the heat of the attack. This isn't the same as atomization, which is the breaking of all atomic bonds in a substance. One is being exposed to heat, and one is being exposed to enough heat to break all atomic bonds within the substance. We know that the demon is "being completely burnt to cinders," where cinders is still a very large step down from total atomization (which would result in pretty much an explosion of mass and energy being all that's left of the demon).
I'd say the vaporization low to high ends are useable and since there was still a "fortress of bulky defiled flesh" (meaning not all of the demon was completely vaporized) I would tend towards the lower end.
-
I think I said they were edging in and out of supersonic speeds, which means they are firmly capable of sonic speeds. This should give them supersonic+ level reaction times.
-
-
@CH1C4N0444
I would say impossible because CA isn't capable of throwing his shield at light speed. Also, I have a feeling Ironman doesn't have lightspeed repulsors anymore, though I could be wrong.
Tarbel
Check My Brain
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Tarbel wrote:@CH1C4N0444
I would say impossible because CA isn't capable of throwing his shield at light speed. Also, I have a feeling Ironman doesn't have lightspeed repulsors anymore, though I could be wrong.


Figured that might be the case, but what about this one? If the shield wasn't there would it still be incalculable? And why wouldn't he have LS repulsors anymore? His armor is constantly improving, I don't see why he would want to downgrade any part of it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... 011-21.jpg

Does the same thing, basically, just without catching Cap's shield.
Image
Image
User avatar
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby wingedlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Tarbel wrote:He says this quote is suggesting total atomization of the demon. But the literal line is "every single atom composing the body of the giant sea demon that had been the embodiment of terror were exposed to the scorching impact," which is the same as all the atoms of the demon were exposed to the heat of the attack, which is the same as the demon was exposed to the heat of the attack. This isn't the same as atomization, which is the breaking of all atomic bonds in a substance. One is being exposed to heat, and one is being exposed to enough heat to break all atomic bonds within the substance. We know that the demon is "being completely burnt to cinders," where cinders is still a very large step down from total atomization (which would result in pretty much an explosion of mass and energy being all that's left of the demon).

-
I see. Very well then.
Tarbel wrote:I'd say the vaporization low to high ends are useable and since there was still a "fortress of bulky defiled flesh" (meaning not all of the demon was completely vaporized) I would tend towards the lower end.

-
Well actually, the monster was wiped out completely by Excalibur. That quote there is being described while Excalibur is destroying the sea monster:
"But in the center of the sea demon being completely burnt to cinders, within a fortress of bulky defiled flesh, Caster simply wordlessly watched over this moment of white blinding annihilation which had stolen his heart. "
Caster was looking at Excalibur as it was destroying him and his sea monster.
Furthermore, it wouldn't make any sense for a lump of flesh to be left, as the entire reason why the servants was having problem with the monster was because it had nigh-instantaneous regeneration and instantly healed from all their attacks. They needed an anti-fortress attack like Excalibur as it was the only way that the monster could be completely annihilated in one shot.
-
Tarbel wrote:I think I said they were edging in and out of supersonic speeds, which means they are firmly capable of sonic speeds. This should give them supersonic+ level reaction times.

-
Cool, thanks.
-
in the KH video i posted before, with the reactions, do you know how fast Sora was going at 30:24?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby Tarbel » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 pm

@CH1C4N0444
Hulk could have just reacted before the lasers hit if the shield wasn't there.
I feel lesser characters have dodged/blocked Ironman's repulsors before, so I don't think they are LS.
Also, the scan you showed with CA throwing his shield and Ironman firing his repulsors pretty much proves they aren't light speed. The scan that said Ironman has LS repulsors is pretty old, and the speed of his repulsors may have been retconned/forgotten over the years. Again, this is my guess. I just wouldn't bet all my cards on one old scan when there are a lot more up to date scans which may argue against LS repulsors (like that first one you showed).
http://www.comicvine.com/iron-man/4005- ... s-1573433/
Some extra scans which may help prove my point (not sure the level of speed of those characters).
-
-
@wingedlion
I'm looking again at the post and it states the energy to turn a human body to ashes is 200 million joules = 200MJ, I don't know where they get this from (their old calc link no longer works).
Meanwhile: http://www.quora.com/How-much-energy-is ... -cremation
The answer in the site states that for 150lbs @65% water content, it's about 100 MJ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_ ... density%29
Human body average density is said to be 1062 kg/m^3.
This gives us the volume of that body to be : 150lbs = 68 kg, 68/1062 = 0.064 m^3
100 MJ/.064m^3 = 1,562.5 MJ/m^3 = 1,562.5 Joules per cubic centimeters
That gives us 1,562.5 J/cc vs the Naruto forum amount of 2,466 J/cc.
So the new low end and high end with this result is:
5116018000000*1562.5= 1.91 megatons of TNT
9324034000000*1562.5= 3.48 megatons of TNT
-
"Furthermore, it wouldn't make any sense for a lump of flesh to be left, as the entire reason why the servants was having problem with the monster was because it had nigh-instantaneous regeneration and instantly healed from all their attacks. They needed an anti-fortress attack like Excalibur as it was the only way that the monster could be completely annihilated in one shot."
So I'll leave it at that.
-
-
For the KH video, nearly impossible to tell accurately because there's no way to gauge the factor of time slow during the feat. Also, there is a pause by the enemy for an unknown amount of time, which brings another factor to the feat.
I could only venture a guess with a variety of time slow factors:
Sora moved ~11 feet during the attack in about half a second=22 feet per second
***Made a mistake, now fixed:
@2x slow: 44 fps
@5x slow: 110 fps
@10x slow: 220 fps
etc
Last edited by Tarbel on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarbel
Check My Brain
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby wingedlion » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:17 am

Tarbel wrote:@wingedlion
I'm looking again at the post and it states the energy to turn a human body to ashes is 200 million joules = 200MJ, I don't know where they get this from (their old calc link no longer works).
Meanwhile: http://www.quora.com/How-much-energy-is ... -cremation
The answer in the site states that for 150lbs @65% water content, it's about 100 MJ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_ ... density%29
Human body average density is said to be 1062 kg/m^3.
This gives us the volume of that body to be : 150lbs = 68 kg, 68/1062 = 0.064 m^3
100 MJ/.064m^3 = 1,562.5 MJ/m^3 = 1,562.5 Joules per cubic centimeters
That gives us 1,562.5 J/cc vs the Naruto forum amount of 2,466 J/cc.
So the new low end and high end with this result is:
5116018000000*1562.5= 1.91 megatons of TNT
9324034000000*1562.5= 3.48 megatons of TNT

-
I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Also, which one do you think is the right choice to use?
-
Tarbel wrote:For the KH video, nearly impossible to tell accurately because there's no way to gauge the factor of time slow during the feat. Also, there is a pause by the enemy for an unknown amount of time, which brings another factor to the feat.
I could only venture a guess with a variety of time slow factors:
Sora moved ~11 feet during the attack in about half a second.
@2x slow: 22 fps
@5x slow: 55 fps
@10x slow: 110 fps
etc

-
When you mention time slow, are you talking about when everyone stops moving? Because that looks more like a time stop than a time slow.
Or are you referring to something different?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron