FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Calc Request Thread

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Calc Request Thread

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Hoping this picks up so I'm not the only one posting on here.

Couple feats I've been curious about, a lot of really old feats mostly, but I mean figured I'd ask anyways just to see what you guys would get for them.

Cho Hulk punches hard enough to almost sink "the entire North Shore."

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zcFIkIiQTQY/ ... /14_16.jpg

Hulk gains some sort of "death aura" from getting too mad. Few things to note, bullets incinerate by getting too close, a man has his face melted off from being too close, Hulk melts through a bunker meant to smother a nuclear war head, and NYC was in danger of being destroyed from this.

http://imgur.com/5zmPWoX
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/sca ... -HulkG.jpg
http://imgur.com/sc6wPg7

Hulk almost sinks the entire North American Continent with a single footstep.

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/sc ... -WWHSh.jpg
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Kitten Lord » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Mea quidem sententia wrote:The hardness of Kain has been highly contested, but given the inverse relationship of hardness and toughness, Kain's skin is only resistant to abrasions and indentation, but not fracturing or shattering. Once again, this is why armor made of jadeite is better than armor made of diamond. The former is tougher, the latter is harder. The former won't break on impact, whereas the latter will. You're still opposed to the idea that Kain's skin could be as hard as iron, but I'd say that'd be preferable, since it'd be tougher. In other words, having the durability of iron in terms of hardness, toughness, and elasticity is vastly superior to having the hardness of, well, whatever is comparable to Kain's dubious hardness.

Its been contested pointlessly. The process of getting his general damage soak did not need to be nearly as complicated as it was made, certainly far more complicated than we get feats for anyone else.

Kain is not made of diamond, he merely has skin, actual skin with the hardness of the value stated, some sort of carbon nano composite/alloy like carbon nanotubes or some such maybe be the closest Earth comparison. Skin does not fracture like a diamond would. You can likely find an estimate on Kains toughness by finding the hardness of human skin, getting the multiplier that kains skin is above that and then using that multiplier on the toughness of skin. Kain being an evolved human essentially would make that approach somewhat logical. Bottom line is Kain can take massive pressures from being struck by a superhuman with claws and any force, heat, elasticity feats and what not that comes from that. He also gets kicked .
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm not saying Kain's skin is made of diamond. I'm merely presenting the inverse relationship, which would mean Kain's skin is not tough. Skin fractures if it's frozen because it loses its elasticity. Having skin "hardened to an armor" means the skin is not elastic like normal, human skin. It's hard. The areas involving joints would be more elastic, making it not as hard. Else Kain would be immobilized like a statue. I believe this has been brought up before at FactPile and supported by Daniel Cabuco. What I'm saying is that even if you firmly believe Kain's skin can withstand up to 147.8 TPa, that only refers to abrasion and indentation, not fracturing. Not that anyone else accepts your view anyway.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Kitten Lord » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:30 pm

which would mean Kain's skin is not tough

This would have to be proven. We know it can withstand Raziels high pressure strikes and his kicks would likely output more blunt force trauma than his claw slashes would. If this literally gives no information on his toughness then we have no idea what his toughness is, only that his hardness is insane.

I believe this has been brought up before at FactPile and supported by Daniel Cabuco

I do not recall Daniel ever saying Kains skin is not elastic. We only know its hard, that does not mean it cannot be elastic.

What I'm saying is that even if you firmly believe

Belief means nothing, the evidence essentially proves it.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:01 pm

The onus wouldn't be on me, due to the inverse relationship of hardness and toughness. Glass and diamond is harder than steel, but steel is tougher. Even aluminum is tougher. So if Kain can survive such and such attacks, then his hardness isn't as high as you suggest. I can go through the entire striking feats again when I have time. I own pens with 500 micrometer tips (0.5 mm), so I know what half a millimeter looks like and given Raziel's finger thickness, I'd say 2 to 2.5 mm tips (maybe 3) is reasonable.

I didn't say Daniel said Kain's skin isn't elastic, only the areas that require movement would be elastic. Otherwise, Kain would be a statue.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Kitten Lord » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Kain is hit in the face which we know has expressions and is elastic so this only suggests that Kains chest and areas that may not be elastic (I have not seen proof of this) are harder still.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:00 pm

https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulRespectfulDamselfly

From what I can find ejection seats move at Mach 1 and pilots accelerate up to 20gs(don't know if that's proper use of those terms and units...).
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Kitten Lord » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 am

Quick question but Rag and I want to find out how much force the floor may be under when Raziel pushes blocks or impales them. I am not sure if Rag knows but I would like to have some idea about what were determining in terms of material strength, is it tensile or compression strength or something else?

Would someone exerting a force using their arms exert the same force to the ground with their legs? I imagine not since a force going forwards, in this case pushing the block is not the same as the force he may be putting on the ground with his legs.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby TopaztheSpaz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:41 am

How much force would it take to throw a capped pen through the dome and camera of one of these. http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/v/vspfile ... 470C-2.jpg it went through the dome and into the camera itself. Done by a un-transformed Ami Mizuno in the current season of SM:Crystal.
TopaztheSpaz
Freak On A Leash

Previous

Return to FactPile Arena