FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

Character Statements?

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Character Statements?

Postby Asger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 am

Stealthranger wrote:Luckily the DB fantard there didn't try to claim that, although the Buu universe busting thing and power level calcs were just *shudder*

Said fantard also tried to use the Daizenshuu's statements of Cells Kamehameha could blow teh solar system away and Buu's screams would destroy the universe to prove her points when feats and scans blatantly go 'lolno'

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Draco » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 am

Couldn't he technically destroy a solar system one planet at a time?

and isnt the quotes Creyz posted from the writer of the series describing the place she got it from as canon info? and it being the energy bullet attack or whatevs not his 'kamehameha?'

I dont recall a 'buu's screams' bit, perhaps I stopped reading the thread to soon?
Y'all done got burned by my fire and shit

Draco
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 am

lol at the Daizenshuu, it's about as reliable as the Naruto Databooks (Haku is FTL, Amatseru is as hot as a star.....)

And since it's claims are contradicted by manga scans and feats, *throws Daizenshuu statements out window* we consider databooks secondary canon at best

And no, Cell is not a solar system buster. Nobody in DBZ has ever busted a star, let alone a solar system

And since it was actually written by his staff mostly, yeah no
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Draco » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 am

'technically' he could if he went 1 planet at a time. meaning going to every individual planet and popping it. 'technically'

His staff that he directs? being the boss?

I didn't claim he could destroy a solar system in one go I'm just clearing things up.

The statements from the creator of a series is taken as the word of god. And the creator says the book is canon...
so...
your throwing out the word of god on this matter?

Draco
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 am

Akira also wrote the manga which Cell said that, if you want to argue that because of that Cell can bust a solar system like MVC fags do, unless Akira says IRL "Cell can bust a solar system" than we have something, since he never did we don't

EDIT: Words of god is when "god" states something in an interview to my understanding

Daizenshuu says the clash of Cell and Gohan's attacks would destroy the solar system yet guess what, it doesn't destroy the earth, I know, scary isn't it. Feats override statements regardless. Same reason we don't take anything from the Naruto databooks at face value due to lack of feats. Most databooks are considered secondary canon as such

The only thing that could give a remote precedent is Cooler destroying a star in a filler episode thats, just that, a filler episode, or if you believe Cell is by far the most powerful character in the series and could beat the 12 gods of destruction with his hands tied behind his back

Furthermore the only actual starbuster in the canon is Bills (he's not a solar system buster, nowehere near it) who is to SSJ3 Goku what Ghidorah is to Bambi, who is massively superior to Cell, which pretty much deconstructs that even further

TL;DR: Cell is not a solar system buster. Daizenshuu is contradicted by feats and in series evidence and thus overridden. We do not take statements from databooks as canon
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Draco » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 am

I could go along many speculatory routes like it would but didn't, not enough time, blah blah... but I wont
I was just saying for fairness on Creyz's part.

It's different when he writes in character 'i canz blow up da system!' to when he states a databook as canon but this is becoming circular now and I'll drop it.

I was never arguing for Cells statement as a character. those are taken as a grain of salt.

and please stop attacking Crey outside of that thread, we dont need so many flame wars plaguing other debates. Thanks.
I'm out

Draco
Zombie Eater

Postby Stealthranger » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 am

Draco wrote:and please stop attacking Crey outside of that thread, we dont need so many flame wars plaguing other debates. Thanks.

You're right, thats what we have the wiki for :uvaluagh
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Asger » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:16 am

Feel free to deconstruct the Cell 'Solar system busting' thing in the thread I posted here.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Postby Stealthranger » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 pm

So anyways about this discussion.....
Stealthranger
Zombie Eater

Postby Beyonder » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Any stalemate between omnis.
Beyonder
FactPiler