FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Math with Mea

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:04 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:...well...I hate math...I've always hated math...I forget the term for the condition I have but its basically dislexia for math. By hard work and torture I managed to pass algebra through trig, and even some physics in college when I was taking up game development...before having to drop out sadly due to being poor. I'm now a dad of three sons...my brain no longer has the fortitude to sit and follow the steps of complicated math now. This could help someone like me out lol.


Dyscalculia is the word. Everyone suffers from dysrationalia.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby pimpmage » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Heh, how did I miss this thead!?!!??! This shit is right up my alley. I'm currently taking Calculus 4, Physics 2 (Thermodynamics/optics/waves). I am at a point where algebra is as easy to do as breathing. You would get laughed out of my math class if you made a single algebra mistake.
pimpmage
Taste the Pain
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 pm

pimpmage wrote:Heh, how did I miss this thead!?!!??! This shit is right up my alley. I'm currently taking Calculus 4, Physics 2 (Thermodynamics/optics/waves). I am at a point where algebra is as easy to do as breathing. You would get laughed out of my math class if you made a single algebra mistake.


You guys are smarter than me. :o
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Friendlysociopath » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm

To be fair, Aelfinn kinda hits the nail on the head.
Our issues aren't normally the calcs themselves, but how to find the values we should use for them.

Also remember that "taking algebra" in my case does not mean I am capable of ALL algebra. You're probably far ahead of me Mea.
User avatar
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People
 
Posts: 4134
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:To be fair, Aelfinn kinda hits the nail on the head.
Our issues aren't normally the calcs themselves, but how to find the values we should use for them.

Also remember that "taking algebra" in my case does not mean I am capable of ALL algebra. You're probably far ahead of me Mea.


I don't know if I mentioned it before here, but I was never good at math. That should be a cliché. I've been borrowing math books from the library for a while now. What I can say I know is arithmetic, fractions, percentages, proportions, one and two step equations, inequalities, absolute values, square roots, exponents, order of operations. I'm not trying to brag here. I still bump into functions and when it comes to word problems or even turning word problems into algebraic expressions, I struggle. Even statistics give me trouble. I'm currently working with quadratics and trying to get an idea of factoring out things like x^2 + 5x + 6, for example. Even if I figure out how something works, I try to figure out why it works that way.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm taking a higher math than Mea and possibly AoO! Genuinely astounded.
Image
Image
User avatar
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 pm

CH1C4N0444 wrote:I'm taking a higher math than Mea and possibly AoO! Genuinely astounded.


I do math leisurely. I've become interested in religious studies again, which is not uncommon for atheists.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Mea quidem sententia wrote:
CH1C4N0444 wrote:I'm taking a higher math than Mea and possibly AoO! Genuinely astounded.


I do math leisurely. I've become interested in religious studies again, which is not uncommon for atheists.
It's still surprising to me. I guess I always just assumed that you've taken high level math classes like diffy q or higher. So, all the math and science you've learned is self taught? That's incredibly impressive.
Image
Image
User avatar
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:43 pm

CH1C4N0444 wrote:
Mea quidem sententia wrote:
CH1C4N0444 wrote:I'm taking a higher math than Mea and possibly AoO! Genuinely astounded.


I do math leisurely. I've become interested in religious studies again, which is not uncommon for atheists.
It's still surprising to me. I guess I always just assumed that you've taken high level math classes like diffy q or higher. So, all the math and science you've learned is self taught? That's incredibly impressive.


I might give that impression, though I don't say anything about it. I was never good at math. So I decided to teach myself after being on FactPile.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Math with Mea

Postby pimpmage » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:03 pm

If you need any help, I can help learn if you like.
pimpmage
Taste the Pain
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest