FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so far)

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so far)

Postby Tarbel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

I did this in MS Word 2013 and it'd be a pain to transfer over to here, so if you're really interested, check out the link (no it's not littered with malicious crap, I think). A little warning, it's quite long and intensive to read/follow, possibly.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/stft1sl0t53f ... IhwHa?dl=0
To be added:
Kain's hardness
Suggest more if you like.
-
Also, this is not an attempt to downplay Kain. I am forming my opinion on the level of his abilities, so you can may suggest some more feats (appreciably, in a well-sourced and comprehensible format) and which they have displayed and I'll give an attempt on doing it in this post.
-
P.S.: I don't have that much time on my hands that I can freely calc this stuff. If I get an urge and free time, I will do so, otherwise this may be on random hiatus for unforeseen periods of time.
Tarbel
Check My Brain
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 pm

I'll compare my calculation with yours.

Mea quidem sententia's
Raziel's height: 1.8034 m.
Crown: 1.8034 m
Crown surface area: 1.8034 m
Portion 1 height: 4.8535950617283950172 m.
Portion 2 height: 4.8535950617283950172 m.
Base height: 1.8034 m.
Base width: 2.20415555555555551548 m.
Total height: 13.314 m.

Tarbel's
Raziel's height: 1.7 m.
Crown: 2.2577 m.
Crown surface area:
Portion 1 height: 3.9525 m.
Portion 2 height: 4.8705 m.
Base height: 1.275 m.
Base width: 3.5 m.
Total height: 12.355 m.

Total mass from my calculation was 111.86 metric tons. I used gabbro (black granite), which has a density of 2,700 kg/m^3.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Kitten Lord » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:01 am

Just remember to correct the heights for Raziel guys. Raziel is 6 foot 4, both of you have him at shorter than he really is.

Daniel himself, the designer of Kain says Kain is 7 feet tall, and we can see Raziel in this image;



http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/leg ... 0707141319


Is about half a head shorter. I pixel scaled to just over 6ft 4, so I imagine that difference would change a lot of numbers in the workings. The end result would also likely differ. Giving us an end result of around 300 tons for granite, more for iron?

Some consideration needs to be taken for the fact that those blocks can tank the damage he imparts on them, while softer brasses or stones would crumble, bend or break under such stress. So they may be harder/denser than previously believed. The most interesting part for me is when he quickly slaps/shoves three of those brass blocks and sends them flying. Surely the force required to send 3 blocks of brass moving like that concentrated on Raziels palms would create decent psi...
Image
User avatar
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Kitten Lord wrote:Just remember to correct the heights for Raziel guys. Raziel is 6 foot 4, both of you have him at shorter than he really is.

Daniel himself, the designer of Kain says Kain is 7 feet tall, and we can see Raziel in this image;



http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/leg ... 0707141319


Is about half a head shorter. I pixel scaled to just over 6ft 4, so I imagine that difference would change a lot of numbers in the workings. The end result would also likely differ. Giving us an end result of around 300 tons for granite, more for iron?

Some consideration needs to be taken for the fact that those blocks can tank the damage he imparts on them, while softer brasses or stones would crumble, bend or break under such stress. So they may be harder/denser than previously believed. The most interesting part for me is when he quickly slaps/shoves three of those brass blocks and sends them flying. Surely the force required to send 3 blocks of brass moving like that concentrated on Raziels palms would create decent psi...


Daniel has also said that Raziel is around 6' tall. This is why I went with 5'11". The person here says Daniel said Raziel is 5'10". I won't be making any changes.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Kitten Lord » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:05 am

Then there will always be that flaw. Raziel being over 6 feet, the fact hes 6,4 could make a big difference in all the heights of all the shapes. Course it hardly matters, the end result is that Raziel effortlessly moves around 300+ tons as a minimum. 500-1000 as a max.
Image
User avatar
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder
 
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am

Kitten Lord wrote:Then there will always be that flaw. Raziel being over 6 feet, the fact hes 6,4 could make a big difference in all the heights of all the shapes. Course it hardly matters, the end result is that Raziel effortlessly moves around 300+ tons as a minimum. 500-1000 as a max.


No there won't.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Commander Cross » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:22 am

Mea quidem sententia wrote:
Kitten Lord wrote:Then there will always be that flaw. Raziel being over 6 feet, the fact hes 6,4 could make a big difference in all the heights of all the shapes. Course it hardly matters, the end result is that Raziel effortlessly moves around 300+ tons as a minimum. 500-1000 as a max.


No there won't.


If I may ask, exactly how does Nosgoth or at least the world it's on stack up next to Earth in
terms of Gravity, let alone Planets like Venus or Jupiter by chance?

Planet Venus

Planet Jupiter

I have to wonder because I wanna know how well Raziel or Kain may hold up in Physical bodies on either planet really.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Commander Cross wrote:
Mea quidem sententia wrote:
Kitten Lord wrote:Then there will always be that flaw. Raziel being over 6 feet, the fact hes 6,4 could make a big difference in all the heights of all the shapes. Course it hardly matters, the end result is that Raziel effortlessly moves around 300+ tons as a minimum. 500-1000 as a max.


No there won't.


If I may ask, exactly how does Nosgoth or at least the world it's on stack up next to Earth in
terms of Gravity, let alone Planets like Venus or Jupiter by chance?

Planet Venus

Planet Jupiter

I have to wonder because I wanna know how well Raziel or Kain may hold up in Physical bodies on either planet really.


I wouldn't know because I don't know if Nosgoth is a planet.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Commander Cross » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:22 am

Mea quidem sententia wrote:
Commander Cross wrote:
Mea quidem sententia wrote:No there won't.


If I may ask, exactly how does Nosgoth or at least the world it's on stack up next to Earth in
terms of Gravity, let alone Planets like Venus or Jupiter by chance?

Planet Venus

Planet Jupiter

I have to wonder because I wanna know how well Raziel or Kain may hold up in Physical bodies on either planet really.


I wouldn't know because I don't know if Nosgoth is a planet.


Well, can we take up talk about the Gravity of planets in another thread just in case, so we can record combat data and also include planets like King Kai's Planet for added measure?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: My calcs on some Kain /Raziel feats (some strength so fa

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Commander Cross wrote:
Well, can we take up talk about the Gravity of planets in another thread just in case, so we can record combat data and also include planets like King Kai's Planet for added measure?


Possibly. If you want, you can record the distance someone drops using g = 2h/t^2. The only problem with this is that varying games will produce varying results.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Next

Return to FactPile Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest