FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Battlefield removal rules.

Designated Debating Area! As Well As Expanded Mayhem!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Battlefield removal rules.

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:16 am

jacob wrote:I may asked if a person has been failed in a battlefield for the first time, will he be able to fight again? What would would be the consequences once the person has been failed during the fight? And what would happen to the winner, what would be the possible rewards?

I'm not sure what kind of question you're asking. Are you asking if a person has lost the first time, will he be able to fight again? If that's what you're asking, that depends on the rules made by the person. For example, if I made a battle where death meant instant loss, then whoever died first would lose and wouldn't get to fight again. The rules at FactPile are usually based on ratios. This means out of 100 battles, whoever would win the most is considered the winner, even if both characters in battle can resurrect.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Thought it would be relevant to put this here- Admin and I had a brief chat about this rule and I sent him a prototype of the rule to see if he likes the way I described it. I even added a bit about BFR in there.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:22 am

So what was actually said? What was the "prototype"?
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Friendlysociopath » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:28 am

Admin said it was meant to be a "No Camping" rule so I did this for my first edit to see if he likes it. I also tried to work a rudimentary explanation of how BFR works in there but I'm waiting for his next response to see if that will be staying or not.

14. No Camping
While fighting to their strengths is expected, no fictional character is allowed to win by retreating to another dimension that the enemy cannot follow them to, as this can lead to a drawn-out scenario where both sides refuse to battle one another. This does not render powers such as: flying, swimming or otherwise physically using the environment to their advantage, void, but instead means a character cannot win by never engaging the enemy at all. Removing the enemy from the battlefield by: sending them to another dimension, physically relocating them outside of the arena, or otherwise incapacitating them (See rules number "1" and "7" for more information) for an extended period of time in which they cannot respond, is still considered a valid form of victory so long as the characters had- however briefly- experienced direct conflict with one another.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:36 am

Fair enough I guess. I do not agree with it 100% but I understand the reason for it. I guess were all waiting for Admins final say on a number of things at the moment, he has his plate full all of a sudden.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Previous

Return to FactPile Arena