FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Kain the Scion of Balance (legacy of Kain) [Discussion]

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Kain the Scion of Balance (legacy of Kain) [Discussion]

Postby Kitten Lord » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 am

You seem to only have half the obelisk in your image though. Raziel is also 1.93 meters tall. Pixel scaling can go awry at the best of times but considering the obelisk towers above Raziel and you only give it a height of around what, 10 meters? Looks closer to 20 or more just eyeballing it.

It also does not look like Gabbro, it is too pure black and smooth looking akin to the iron used in the rest of the fortress. Using your numbers on its volume, it would weigh 350 tons, which makes sense as it adds up to the iron blocks he moves earlier in the game. ill do my own evaluation of it later when I have more time. Using granite, around 300 tons. So the same as on the first page.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 am

Kitten Lord wrote:You seem to only have half the obelisk in your image though. Raziel is also 1.93 meters tall. Pixel scaling can go awry at the best of times but considering the obelisk towers above Raziel and you only give it a height of around what, 10 meters? Looks closer to 20 or more just eyeballing it.

It also does not look like Gabbro, it is too pure black and smooth looking akin to the iron used in the rest of the fortress. Using your numbers on its volume, it would weigh 350 tons, which makes sense as it adds up to the iron blocks he moves earlier in the game. ill do my own evaluation of it later when I have more time. Using granite, around 300 tons. So the same as on the first page.

What I did was give a rough guesstimate of the crown as Raziel was falling. I wasn't concerned about the portion immediately below the crown, since if I found the second portion's dimensions, I would double it to fill in the first portion. I also compared Raziel's height to the base, which he stood spot on. I have no reason to think Raziel is 1.93 m. tall, since the last I checked, Daniel Cabuco made a statement about Raziel only having a height of 5'11". The height of this obelisk would be comparable to that of the Elephant and Obelisk. I also went with gabbro because it's granite, which is what the common material was to make obelisks. Or they'd be made of some other type of stone. Rock can also be smoothed out if that's really an issue.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Kitten Lord » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:46 am

Added an "investigation into Raziels force without effort" on page 4 of the thread with some analysis on what t hat may mean.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Previous

Return to FactPile Respect