FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Legend of Zelda Respect Thread

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: The Legend of Zelda Respect Thread

Postby Maximus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Commander Cross wrote:So is Ganondorf's powers connected with Demise?

Yes.
Maximus
Organ Grinder

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Could the Master Sword break swords with enough swings?
When he had the fully powered Master Sword in Skyward Sword, he was able to knock enemies of balance when they were blocking and in Ghirahim's case, for the regular ones, he could knock it back and forth(unless Ghirahim countered.) and knock it out of his hand. For the big one, Link could keep on swinging the Master Sword against Ghirahim's sword on the same spot until it broke.(or Ghira countered)
Not sure if feat is strength or Master Sword only for Skyward Sword Link.
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Maximus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Could the Master Sword break swords with enough swings?
When he had the fully powered Master Sword in Skyward Sword, he was able to knock enemies of balance when they were blocking and in Ghirahim's case, for the regular ones, he could knock it back and forth(unless Ghirahim countered.) and knock it out of his hand. For the big one, Link could keep on swinging the Master Sword against Ghirahim's sword on the same spot until it broke.(or Ghira countered)
Not sure if feat is strength or Master Sword only for Skyward Sword Link.

Seems interesting though.
Maximus
Organ Grinder

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm thinking it could be strength but who knows?
/
Oh, add this for Ghirahim(Strength, Barrier, and Speed?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LIi3jh ... page#t=25s
He is able to destroy debris that bombs that destroy boulders can't do.
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Maximus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:I'm thinking it could be strength but who knows?
/

How am I supposed to add that to the comment on the account I can't access?

You already posted it anyway, but whatever, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKpP_ZQUA8Y
0:30-1:30
Smashes down a huge stone wall, creates some barriers, quickly dashes across the bridge, and breaks Impa's magic barrier with enough sword swings.
Maximus
Organ Grinder

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

Maximus wrote:
/

0:30-1:30
Smashes down a huge stone wall, creates some barriers, quickly dashes across the bridge, and breaks Impa's magic barrier with enough sword swings.

Actually, you posted feats of Zant and Ghirahim on May 21, after the post you made as Negative Zero.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Maximus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 am

Alpha or Omega wrote:
Maximus wrote:
/

(0:30-1:30)

Actually, you posted feats of Zant and Ghirahim on May 21, after the post you made as Negative Zero.

Ah, so I did. Thank you.
Maximus
Organ Grinder

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am

=Debunked=
By Proto-Mind......again.......(Why is it always you that debunk my arguments/theories?)
Last edited by Alpha or Omega on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Proto-Mind » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Link(Skyward Sword).....immune to chrono-manipulation?
/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6a0M#t=91s
/
Detail:This right here is a time-shift stone. Like it's name implies, it manipulates everything within its radius and changes everything it was before a long time ago.
The robots, enemies, and even the environment and hazards are affected...Yet, Link is not. An enemy in the present would be obliterated (they come back if the radius of the time-shift stones move) and a broken down robot or enemy would appear. Heck, even the diety, Lanayru, is affected. Yet, Link doesn't seem to be affected in any way. Same for when he walks into a time-shift orb. So with this piece of information, I would say Skyward Sword Link is immune to changes in time.

To be fair, the developers would have needed to make Link unaffected by his surroundings in order for the game to progress. Otherwise, Link wouldn't complete his mission(s). I don't think they had in mind that Link was immune to changes in time. This would require Link to be outside of spacetime. Not only would this cease time, but motion as well, and Link can clearly move. Another idea would be that Link would be projecting himself from another dimension, but how the interaction would work without being affected by the time manipulation is unknown.

If Link was in the fourth dimension, he would be able to see duration, unlike us who live in a three-dimensional world. He could see his past and future selves, the time he was an infant and the time he died. It would then seem that Link's universe is linear in time. Of course, we have seen that this is not true because another Link travels through the past and present and changes history, while at the same time diverging time into three parts. Changing history would require a non-linear timeline.

My initial thought was that Link would be unaffected because he was the one changing the surroundings. This would fall under power immunity. At the same time, it appears the orbs lead things to the past. This would be consistent, since many seem to be of the opinion that you're not affected by time if you travel to the past. Although this isn't true, it's generally believed to be so by those who haven't considered hypothetical situations about traveling to the past. Two other things I noticed that were unaffected by time were chests and blocks.

I do not think Link is immune to manipulation of time.
Proto-Mind
What Once Was Lost

Postby Maximus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Link(Skyward Sword).....immune to chrono-manipulation?
/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6a0M#t=91s
/
Detail:This right here is a time-shift stone. Like it's name implies, it manipulates everything within its radius and changes everything it was before a long time ago.
The robots, enemies, and even the environment and hazards are affected...Yet, Link is not. An enemy in the present would be obliterated (they come back if the radius of the time-shift stones move) and a broken down robot or enemy would appear. Heck, even the diety, Lanayru, is affected. Yet, Link doesn't seem to be affected in any way. Same for when he walks into a time-shift orb. So with this piece of information, I would say Skyward Sword Link is immune to changes in time.

Very good find, there.
Maximus
Organ Grinder

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Respect