FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Project Respect (Read First)

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Project Respect (Read First)

Postby Random guy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:21 pm

heraldofshadows wrote:Part of the reason for lack of participation might be the fact that you haven't posted the rules and guidelines, and no one wants to face the penalties for breaking rules they didn't know existed.

I don't think so. That factor never crossed my mind when I made the Goku respect thread. I just wish others would help out a bit. Even sharing ones thoughts would encourage me to continue. But that's just me.

"Never give up. Fight until the end. Always believe you will succeed, even when the odds are against you" -Big Boss
Random guy
Organ Grinder

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 am

I have been wanting to create a template for others to follow, but I have not been able to do even that with my current workloads.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Siggymansz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 am

Matapiojo wrote:but I have not been able to do even that with my current workloads.

ouch...You must be very overworked.........Maybe you should distribute/Offload some work onto other people until you can manage it all?

as for the Respect threads, I would be happy to participate.................if i had any information...but Alas i see no repect (discussion) Threads for Bobobo bo BO bobo 8(
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby Jwlynas » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Easily Solved siggy.

Go and give Bobo the respect (thread) he is due!
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater

Postby Matapiojo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:15 am

Sig, right now we need help on ALL respect threads. I would wish to have solid RTs for the top 10 FP Champions (popularity, not power...in my opinion at least).

- MC
- Kharn
- Samus
- Boba
- Kratos
- Vader / Starkiller / Nihilus
- Thor
- Link
- Richard Rahl / Rand al'Thor
- Wolverine

Once we have those 10(13) RTs fairly well docummented and established, we can then pump out some of the others. I have shouldered the task of populating Kharn's, and it is a slow-moving one, but the others are sorely lacking. So I invite you to shoulder one of those if you feel confident enough to take on the task.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 am

If a template is made, I could edit the Deadpool one and make it better but I would also create a few more favourites of my own.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Fisherking » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Man, I can't believe more people haven't added stuff to the respect threads. These things are great. Now, instead of looking through all of my books for a certain excerpt, I can just post it here.
Fisherking
FactPiler

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 am

No kidding.

BTW, thanks for slapping things into the 40K ones. Those are plenty helpful as I have not found time to update them as I would otherwise had. Having a pile of codices and books means nothing when you can't read em in detail, let alone copy relevant things over.

The 40K respect initiative is moving along quite nicely with your help, Locutus's, and Assassin's. I only wish there were some other folk taking care of Halo and SW. It is my wish that the three more popular FP franchises get as propperly documented as humanly possible, but the gross majority of people do not seem to share my wish.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Fisherking » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey matapiojo, have you ever thought about making an ork and eldar respect thread? I have a ton of quotes on them from various books and I think now would be as good a time as any to post them.
Fisherking
FactPiler

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:00 am

Thought about it? Of course!

I just haven't because I don't own any of their codices, so the ones I do own took precedence. Now that you are volunteering passages for them, be sure that I will make them right away!

P.S. - If you have anything to add to a respect that is not yet created, you can go right ahead and create it yourself. That's the whole idea behind the [Discussion] element of the RTs here. Anything you cannot edit in the future due to limited space, I can fix for you at a later time.

I know you are not making the request/suggestion under the imperative that this is Mata's Respect Section, but do think of it as Piler Respect Section instead as the case may be.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Respect