FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Project Respect (Read First)

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Project Respect (Read First)

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 pm

It is likely that many of you have never heard of a Respect Thread before comming into this section. Fear not, all shall be answered. Lets get some of these out of the way first, shall we?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. F.A.Q.s
Feel free to PM Marche or myself with any additional questions.

What is a Respect Thread?
- Respect Threads are common topics used across numerous message boards across the internet to collect factual data regarding a particular topic. These threads are then used as a crucial reference source for the subject in question.

What can I see in a Respect Thread?
- You will be able to see scans, screen shots, quotations, remarks, and other reference materials that present concrete and factual information for the subject in question.

How are Respect Threads useful for FactPile?
- These threads present an exelent method for the comunity to narrow down and sort all the information available for a character to be used in the debates on the site. This should aleviate the problem of repeting the same information for one character across multiple matches he or she might be involved in.

Who can participate in a Respect Thread?
- Everyone can take part of a Respect Thread as long as they adhere to the rules and guidelines outlined below.

Shouldn't the Admin be the one to decide what can or cannot be used in the battles?
- Yes. The Admin has all the right to dissregard or even alter the information within these Respect Threads to establish conditions for a match. However, the information should be made available for him to consider closely prior to establishing the match.

Can I create a Respect Thread?
- Technically speaking, no. You will be able to establish Respect Thread discussions, but you cannot determine a final rendering by yourself. This will be explained in detail in the Rules and Guidelines below.

Who can legitimize a Respect Thread?
- The information given on a Respect Thread discussion will be evaluated by the Admin and other members of the site once it has been determined that enough information has been collected. An official Respect Thread will be subsequently created using a standardized format and the most relevant information on the discussion.

Will I be able to change or add more into the final Respect Thread once its posted?
- No. Only moderators will be able to alter these finalized threads. However, the subject's discussion will remain open for new information to be included, or present information to be contested. The finalized thread may be editted as necessary from the results of ongoing discussions.

How are Respect Threads any different from the Character Profiles in the wiki?
- The wiki will act as a tool to be used in conjunction to the information presented in a character's Respect Thread. While the wiki profiles will act as a quick reference sheet, the Respect Thread will have much more information for that character.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Rules and Guidelines
Incomming

3. FactPile Champions
We knw that most of us just want to jump onto creating a Respect Thread for our favorite characters, but there are a few that need to be given more immediate attention. The characters on this list will be considered for finalized Respect Threads before any other as they are some of the more popular combatants on the site. Your help in pushing these threads ahead will be much appreciated.

Master Chief
Link
Samus
Kratos
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Kharn, The Betrayer
Hulk
Cloud Strife
Dante
Sephiroth

4. Finalized Respect Thread Template
Incomming
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: Respect Rules

Postby Marche » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Do you think we should add a template?
Marche
Utopia Overlord

Postby Captain Epic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks Mata.
Captain Epic
Honorary Avenger

Postby Matapiojo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:30 am

Marche wrote:Do you think we should add a template?

Yes.

I will be adding all sorts of things here, I just didn't get enough time to do so. Like most everything I do of late, this will be a work in progress.
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Re: Project Respect (Read First)

Postby Dracosphinx » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 am

Dead threads are dead. Perhaps the template could be worked on?
I missed the Cartoon Network Civil War...
Dracosphinx
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 am

I'll see what I can do for a template. Respect Threads have never gotten the support they need on this site, though.

Its funny to me, really. People seem to WANT to post factual data about characters/franchises they love, but do not care to do so here. They must like repeating themselves I guess...
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Sapper007 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am

I do... jerk albino ape man...
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord

Postby Matapiojo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 am

/swing Hurtfeelingshammer
Matapiojo
Site Admin

Postby Sapper007 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:57 am

you hurt mine first... with:

Matapiojo wrote:I'll see what I can do for a template. Respect Threads have never gotten the support they need on this site, though.

Its funny to me, really. People seem to WANT to post factual data about characters/franchises they love, but do not care to do so here. They must like repeating themselves I guess...
I am a Sapper Leader. The cutting edge of my country's sword.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery. God grant that I may not be found wanting, that I will not fail this sacred trust.
Sapper007
Utopia Overlord

Postby heraldofshadows » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am

Part of the reason for lack of participation might be the fact that you haven't posted the rules and guidelines, and no one wants to face the penalties for breaking rules they didn't know existed.
It is better to die for a cause than to live without one.
heraldofshadows
Luminous Flesh Giant

Next

Return to FactPile Respect