FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

Vampire Hunter D

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Kitten Lord wrote:This thread is going so strong Ammo, very cool! Your getting through the books then?

The only thing I would request is maybe a summary? e.g. different headings for his various powers, e.g. sword skills, magic abilites, durability feats etc, stateing what youve found, e.g. his general durability or skill then the proof in the form of your quotes under a spoiler tag.

For example-

Vampire Hunter D's physical durability

Vampire Hunter D is bloody durable! (this is where you put what youve found, maybe his best resistance)

Then put the quote in a spoiler tag;

Spoiler
Vampire hunter D leapt into battle against the 4 year old, who smashed him with all her planet busting fury with a lollipop imbued with star powered endurance and he had not a scratch on him! What a jolly durable little devil he is!

Thats how i would do it anyway, of course its your thread so just a suggestion. Just at the moment hteres so many pages of quotes it would be nice to be able to just go to one section if I wanted to know a specific stat for D :D

Thanks for the suggestion lol I was looking at the thread and thinkin of redoing it because it's a jumbled mess. I just didn't know how I was going to do it but now that gives an idea.

I can make a new thread, section it off and copy an paste the feats where they fit
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm

D running along side his horse
“What some saw from the front and others from the rear was a cyborg horse galloping at terrific speed. But even those who recognized it as a horse still didn’t believe it. Cyborg horses couldn’t keep that kind of pace, and what was more, as it was passing them, a number of people saw a figure of unearthly beauty . . . and to some it looked as if said figure was actually running right alongside the horse. Whatever the case, by the time they could focus their eyes, both the cyborg horse and the human figure were dwindling in the distance.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 13: Twin-Shadowed Knight, Pts. 1 & 2.”

D blocking weaponized intent
“Zenon’s features twisted with madness, and he took the blade he had pointed straight at D and swung it toward the Hunter’s neck. But there was still fifteen feet between them.
D’s blade parried the blow. Unconsciously, Zenon laughed in his heart. His unseen blade wasn’t a physical attack: it was literally deadly intent that he unleashed. It would shatter even the best-forged sword.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 19: Mercenary Road.”

D casually opens a door that weighed several tons
“D reached for the door. Though it weighed several tons, it glided open. Beneath that black raiment was a body imbued with inhuman strength.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 19: Mercenary Road.”

D is so light footed that he can use leaves to cross water
“In no time D went down to the water with a number of them under one arm and threw one out onto the surface. And then he took a steady step onto it. The leaf was a foot in diameter. Though it might’ve been capable of supporting a small animal, there was no way it could ever support the weight of a human being. And yet the leaf didn’t sink at all, but merely trembled a bit. One after another D threw the leaves out in front of him and moved across the path—and the water’s surface—like a weightless illusion.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 10: Dark Nocturne.”

D can hold his breath for 10 minutes and swim 100 feet in less than 5 seconds
“One of the leaves plopped out of sight. Beginning with the ones closest to shore, they were sinking.
Nine minutes . . .
The last leaf vanished . . .
Ten minutes.
A black figure bobbed to the surface. Before the boy could even confirm that it was D, the Hunter began doing the breaststroke back toward shore. The hundred feet took him less than five seconds. On seeing Lyle, he remained expressionless and wiped his face.”

D talking about the different types of nobles
“There are all kinds of Nobles,” D said, his reply surprising Lyle. “Fearing slaughter at human hands, some replaced their flesh with machinery. Some can change their molecular structure at will, becoming a mist or a rainbow. Others literally have muscles of steel. But the woman who was here tonight was unlike any of them.”

Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm

The sacred ancestor

“The lid of the coffin opened slowly. Once it’d finished, a shadowy figure sat up. Under the circumstances, that was hardly strange. However, the mere act of sitting up sent out a howling air that was terribly weird and unholy.
“Oh, crap!” the left hand cried, pulling its features back in.
“D!” the figure said, and now he stood beside the coffin. It was unclear what he looked like or what he was wearing. He was just a black shadow. However, even if D’s vision didn’t serve, his other superhuman senses perceived the figure towering before him like a mountain. “It’s been so long since we last met. Perhaps we just needed a suitable place?”
D kicked off the ground. As he swung his sword down, it was like a gale-force wind, but the figure was now standing behind D, swaying.
-
“Not even turning around, D made a backward thrust by his left side.
Though he was stabbed, the figure didn’t fall.
Pulling his blade back, D turned to face his opponent.
“So, is this your land?” he asked.
“The ruler’s name is Valcua.”
“I hear you banished him into space, but let him bring this kingdom with him. The same kingdom that bears your mark a little too plainly. Who is he?”
The shadowy figure shook violently—perhaps this showed the turbulence of his mind. A pale hand reached out from the shadow’s chest—his right hand. The great ring on his little finger gave off gleams of gold. The back of his hand had a single tuft of black hair, which lent a touch of ferocity to his aristocratic elegance. From the third joint up his forefinger moved, beckoning the Hunter. “Suddenly, D was beyond the earth’s atmosphere. His remaining oxygen swelled his lungs to the point of bursting, and his blood boiled.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 17: Tyrant’s Stars, Pts. 3 & 4.”

-
Not a feat but The nobility have the ability to put a cosmos inside of a human sized body
“What D saw within her were a number of glass tubes filled with a crimson liquid that seemed to be blood and a chunk of machinery that resembled a heart. And beyond those things—oh, that was the source of the light. A tiny sun, and tens of millions of stars set in the blackness that surrounded it.
The light grew more brilliant.
Like an illusion, D leapt back a good fifteen feet. Before his eyes, the dazzling luminescence consumed the corpse. No doubt this was the result of it coming into contact with the outside world. The extinction of this inner cosmos was so silent and peaceful it betrayed all expectations.”

D's coat can take a powerful acid without being harmed
“The second all the forms fused into a single mass, the bird man began to climb again with a brown rain pouring down from his chest.
Twice, cries rang out—once when the liquid made contact, and once more when the soaked bodies began to dissolve with terrifying speed. They’d been showered with a powerful acid.
When the bird man dropped thirty feet and turned for a look, none of the forms on the ground resembled a human being any longer. Descending another thirty feet and changing direction, he gasped aloud.
One of the figures who should’ve melted down into a pile of meat and bones had just stood up straight. Even from his present height, the heaven-sent beauty of the countenance now peering up at him was unmistakable.
It’s him! There’s white smoke coming off his coat—don’t tell me that shielded him from my rain of death!”

Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:25 am

More from The Sacred Ancestor
“This is how the legend goes. One day, a man with more power than even the Nobility came on a ship, brought all the Nobles together in the square, and upbraided them for their cruel misdeeds. When the angry Nobles mounted their battle chariots and charged the man, he not only blew away their war machines but also ripped their very homes from the ground with a single flourish of his cape. It’s said that the frightened Nobility, with one exception, all fled the area then.”

“Vampire Hunter D Volume 7: Mysterious Journey to the North Sea, Part One.”

Cont
“The battle came the day after the other Nobles left, and it took place at Meinster’s castle. After a conflict that reduced the homes of the Nobles to rubble instantly, wiped out all animal life, and even changed the shape of mountains, Meinster was defeated and his corpse was cast into the sea for all eternity after measures had been taken to ensure he would never return to dry land again. It’s said that even now he prowls the bottom of the deep sea with arms folded, coming up at times to bask in the moonlight and take his sustenance, plotting his return to the land and vengeance against the traveler in black. But that last part is nothing more than legend.”

Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 am

D cutting through steel
“flash of silver mowed right across the fat man’s chin. Sparks shot out.
D pulled his sword away.
“Too bad,” Gilligan said, stroking the bar by the base of his neck. “This baby is made of Zeramium steel. Had it custom built way back in the Capital. Shoot, it’d take a laser an hour to cut into it a fraction of an inch.”
“The wind brushed by his neck. There was a loud clang at his feet. It was the sound of the bar that’d shielded his chin falling to the floor.
Gilligan felt his hair was rising on end.
“Don’t think that it stopped me,” D said softly"

The nobility altered sea life
“They scattered food and drugs designed to alter the animals’ DNA over thousands of nautical miles. For the Nobility, it was a simple enough task. Even now you can go to the room of records at the temple and see data captured by the Nobility back then, although it’s forbidden to call up any of the holographic images they have. You see, a number of people have been driven mad by them.”
-
“I’ve only seen photos myself, but there were some incredible things—it’s almost impossible to believe there were ever things like that in our own sea. Giant stingrays that were each six miles wide, barracudas that could swallow three white whales whole . . . When you think of plankton, nothing comes to mind but whale food. But after the Nobility got their hands on them, they were huge, ravenous monsters that could take a big school of seven-foot tuna right down to the bone. There’s this one picture where the whole sea—out to the horizon, or even further—is just covered with them. The Nobility used to get into transparent globes that no tooth could even scratch and drink their wine as they watched these creatures tearing into each other. I suppose you know what their wine was flavored with.”

A mixture of D feats: speed, body control etc
“D ran without making a sound. The rotten boards couldn’t take the impact of a pebble, but as D dashed across them he didn’t leave a single footprint. The Hunter cleared the first twenty stairs in just two bounds. He sprang—then slashed.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 6: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane.”

Cont
“As the blade came straight down from above, the figure made no attempt to dodge it, but simply let it come. The blow passed through him without meeting any resistance.
This is your answer, then? Very well. That is what makes you my only success. But so long as you embrace that fate, death will ever cast its shadow over you.
Once again, D’s blade shot up from below, slicing the steel banister in two.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 6: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane.”
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Nobles have the ability to sniff out their enemies
“Nobles have this psychic ability to sniff out their enemies, right?”
“Only a small portion of them.”
“Well, I’m sure he’s part of that group, then.”

King Egbert
“Walking another hundred feet toward where the surf lapped at the shore, Egbert then halted—only the waves made any appreciable sound. The water’s edge was less than thirty feet away. The darkness was like a heavy coat of lacquer, yet through that murk, D’s eyes could discern the enormous ring that encircled both Egbert and himself. Further scrutiny would reveal that strange bumps and hollows dotted its interior. These shapes were bits of tree branches artlessly stuck in the soft sand, rocks that’d been set there, and a long, thin ditch that looked to have been scooped out by someone’s fingers.”
-
“Think this is strange?” Egbert asked as he rested the iron staff against his shoulder. Although his tone was solemn, the gap between that and his easy manner would’ve been enough to make the average person tilt his or her head in puzzlement. “This is my kingdom. All of it is mine to command. I could make it larger if I liked, but it’d take some time to bring it under my control. Well, I suppose this is a reasonable size. But before we do anything—” Egbert began as if something had just occurred to him, then he took a dozen steps that brought him outside the closest edge of the ring. “Come with me. Let’s try this outside my country.”

Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:13 pm

D vs King Egbert
“D stepped out of the circle, too.
Upon leaving about ten feet between them, the opponents squared off.
Letting out a breath, Egbert locked the iron staff under his arm. He never dropped his guard for a second. As warriors went, he was first-rate.
First-rate—the term had a hollow ring to it when you were face-to-face with D.
A blur of black as he went for the sheath on his back, D drew his weapon, too. The tip of his sword was low, stopping just shy of touching the sand. Though it was almost impossible for most swordsmen to bisect their opponent when bringing the blade up from such a low position, it was even more difficult for a foe to parry it.
“So after I win I guess I get the bead, but where should I look for it?”
-
“D replied to this impudent remark by extending his left hand. His fist opened.
Seeing what lay in it, Egbert nodded. “Okay—let’s do this!”
The sand that covered one of Egbert’s feet started to rise. Feinting a charge, he stopped cold as a stone statue.
D had become darkness itself, and an unearthly aura gusted from the tip of his blade.
The man’s innards chilled, his muscles and nerves shrank back.
“Vampire Hunter D . . .” Egbert said, his frozen tongue moving as if in a dream. “I finally realize the full weight that name carries. I don’t care how tough a Noble might be . . . it wouldn’t mean squat up against you . . .” Just as his hoarse groan dwindled, his iron staff lashed out.”
-
“Though he hadn’t seen D move, the instant Egbert felt his blow parried, he made a horizontal sweep with his staff. There was a sound of otherworldly beauty, and sparks shot out. Knowing simply from the vibrations transmitted to the palm of his clenched hand that the tip of his staff had been severed, he truly was a first-rate combatant.
A flash of black mowed without hesitation through Egbert’s neck. Or more precisely, where his neck had been. Coincidences like this were one in a million. Egbert had avoided D’s deadly slash by falling flat on the ground. Although totally involuntary, the move had saved him by a hairsbreadth. But as proof that he was indeed a warrior, Egbert hurled the staff he held at D before the Hunter could bring another blow down on him, then threw himself into the circle.”
-
“D wasn’t the sort to just let a fleeing foe escape. Easily dodging the iron staff, he entered the circle at the very moment Egbert got to his feet. Once more the Hunter’s blade sped toward his opponent’s torso. Something flashed up into D’s field of view, and then there was the thunk! of his blade hacking into something hard. A few seconds later, it fell over, raining leaves and branches on the ground. It was a tree trunk, seven feet tall and eight inches thick. It had delayed D’s blade a second and saved Egbert’s life. And it had suddenly appeared where there’d been nothing before. But no, D alone saw that wasn’t entirely the case—he’d clearly seen it growing up out of the ground. Growing from a little piece of branch.”
-
“As D tried to pursue the fleeing Egbert, three trees sprang up in rapid succession, clustered tightly together right in front of the Hunter. Slashing right through them, D slipped between the trunks of what were clearly genuine trees before they’d even fallen over. He was greeted by Egbert, who stood ready with another iron staff he’d obviously kept buried in the sand.”
-
“D’s eyes were infused with an eerie light—he’d just realized the unbelievable changes that had come over both Egbert and himself.
Egbert seemed swollen to twice his normal size—not in corporeal terms, but so far as the confidence and power his physique exuded. As if to prove that was no trick of the mind, he cried, “Take that!” and made a thrust with his staff that was ten times faster than before.
Although D did an excellent job of parrying the blow, he reeled from it, knocked off-balance. His sword was heavy. So was his body. It was so strange, as if his flesh had suddenly turned to lead, or gravity itself had been changed.”
-
“How do you like that, Vampire Hunter?” Egbert said, his tone just as dignified as before. But as he held the staff rock steady, the intensity of the killing lust that radiated from the end of it was beyond comparison to when he’d first challenged D.
Without warning, the end of the staff vanished. Feeling the force of the wind as the weapon shot up from below toward his left temple, D didn’t back away, but moved forward instead.
Contact! There was the crack of what could only be a bone snapping. But that sound was joined by a cry of astonishment.”
-
“If nothing else, the act had been reckless. D’s left wrist had stopped the iron staff as it ripped through the air, and through the opening left by Egbert’s surprise the Hunter had stabbed the other man in the left side of his chest. The giant reeled back without a word, bright blood gushing from him as the sword came out.
Upon realizing that the thrust that should’ve gone through his foe’s heart had missed the vital point, D was about to advance when suddenly the ground at his feet gave way. A second later his body was knee-deep in the sand, but only for an instant before the hem of his coat spread like wings and he took to the air.”
-
“Following after him like some bizarre hand was a long streamer from his knees down to his ankles. Falling to the ground, it sent up a splash. The ground had turned to water, and the thing wrapped around D’s leg had been a watery tendril, too.
Sand bouncing up sharply around his feet as he landed, D leapt once more and came back to earth on ordinary ground.
“I thought you’d fall in, but you’re even better than I expected,” Egbert could be heard to say from some forty feet away, and it was obvious from the sound of his voice he was choking back his pain. “But do you think you can reach me here?”
D didn’t answer, and he didn’t move. “Waves were breaking at his feet. The shoreline was over thirty feet away—yet still there were waves here. And who else but D would’ve noticed that tiny ripples were spreading out from Egbert’s feet in all directions? Had there been any moonlight, the small but unmistakable crests on them would’ve glittered visibly. The sands were becoming a sea. A sea forty feet wide, all inside the circle Egbert had scribed.
“Can you reach me?” Egbert asked in a low voice. “Gravity, the woods, and now the sea itself all protect me. And that’s not all. Here’s something else—you have to see this,” he laughed. “The soldiers of my kingdom!”
-
“Something else came into being in the breaking waves. First, black spheres came to the surface. Heads. Their nature was made apparent by the shoulders, arms, and torsos below them as they rose smoothly. Perhaps it was because these “fake” beings had just risen from the sea, but water dripped lazily from the seaweed-like hair that fell over their foreheads, and it wouldn’t have been at all surprising if their eyes had glazed over and fallen right out. From the neck down they were like the soldiers one might see in a hologram collection for children in the traveling library, dressed in primitive armor and armed with crude swords. Completely filling D’s field of view, there were more than a dozen of them.“Coughing and clearing their throats, they spit out blackish wads. Spattering against the waves, these turned out to be sand. They then turned their black faces to the heavens, and the silence was broken by the sound of them inhaling one after another. Spitting out the sand that clogged their windpipes and drawing in the fresh air, these “soldiers” were imbued with “life.”
-
“I can make mountains, if need be. Or rivers, or even vampires,” Egbert said, his voice inebriated with self-love even as he pressed down on the shoulder wound that wouldn’t stop bleeding. But he could probably do exactly what he said. Inside the ring he’d scribed in the sand—this eldritch zone he’d established—he was the absolute ruler, a monarch without peer. With but a single command from him a stick would become a stand of trees, a puddle became the sea, and mud figurines he’d prepared were transformed into the mightiest of soldiers. Here in his self-made “kingdom.”
The metallic scabbards rasped as the soldiers drew their swords.“D didn’t move. Although the sea didn’t look like it’d come up past his ankles, he’d already determined that it was actually incredibly deep. Now a stranger in this land, he had to consider every possible element his enemy.
“His left hand is useless—attack him from that side!” Egbert shouted.
At his command, his soldiers charged at D with their glittering blades.
But they probably never heard a hoarse voice howl, “His left hand is useless, eh? I’ll show you!”
Suddenly there was a powerful gust of wind. Waves began to build and break on the sea that lay in defense of Egbert, and in the blink of an eye, the vast body of water became a thin layer of liquid suspended in the air. All the wind was blowing toward a single point. Toward D—and his supposedly broken left hand.”
-
“And what a powerful gale it was. But it didn’t blow the soldiers through the air. Before it could, the tendrils of wind had already ripped away the flesh and blood that formed their bodies. Necks twisted, arms snapped, and the torsos they’d been joined to broke apart in midair, returning to their original form—sand, to be precise—before they were sucked into D’s left hand.
Perhaps it was the combination of this terrible shock and the pain in Egbert’s shoulder, but his spell seemed to falter as the soldiers, the protective grove, and the surface of the sea all vanished. Huddled on the beach, Egbert was left as exposed as the fairy-tale emperor in his new clothes.
With his blade in his right hand, D paced forebodingly toward his foe. A contest of this sort always ended in death. That was the iron rule for those who made a business of doing battle.”
-
“Egbert looked up. In another second, there’d be a bloody horizontal swipe just below his fearful, upturned face.
But D’s blade stopped in midair.
“I’m not going to kill you,” the Hunter told him. “I have a message for your friends. Tell them I have the bead. And if they want it, it’s me they should come after.”

Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:47 pm

The Sacred Ancestors A/P Unit

He activated the assault/protection unit imprinted on the palm of his right hand. for no apparent reason a thick, red-hot pillar exploded from beneath his foe's feet and enveloped that graceful figure. It was a torrent of magma invoked by the a/p unit. Ah, but on closer inspection, in those flames staining the heavens lotus-flower red despite the density of the darkness as they stretched in a sheer wall who knows how high into the sky, there arose countless faces. Those who had fallen at Armageddon were even in the boiling, molten rock. His foe trapped in the flames as well. He merely shielded his face with the edge of his cape; not a quiver broke his pose, One got the impression the fiery geyser couldn't touch a hair upon his head.
-
Suddenly the plain went from crimson to stark white. The pillar of flame ceased to move in an instant, and on that towering column and around the disk thousands of miles in each direction to support the sky, sparkling jewels began to affix themselves as if they had been there from the very beginning. From red hot to intense cold these were the two phases of his attack, executed without even a bit of respite. The he saw it. Minus 459 degrees frozen to absolute zero, where movement even on a molecular level should have stopped, his foe slowly opened his eyes. The hue his gaze exuded wrought a change upon the white pillar; changed it to vermillion. Just like his eyes. The instant his foe let the cape shielding his face fall away effortlessly, the prison of ice that should have held him for all eternity vanished without a trace.

The A/P units personal-discretion mode
He engaged the personal-discretion circuits on the a/p unit's query and assault mechanisms. The unit would then divorce itself from his will and launch attacks based on his foes mental state.

Lawrence Valcua uses planets as weapons but is countered by The Sacred Ancestor
"Ah, what a time it was! It was the anniversary of an ancient holiday. We'd already tapped the power of magma and the ley lines to give Valcua a black eye, but we never imagined he'd pay us back with a shooting star."
His missiles were small, metallic meteors summoned by remote control from an asteroid belt two hundred million miles from Earth. Moving at fifteen miles per second when they hit the atmosphere, the five hundred meteorites were greeted with fire from space cannons, but one of them managed to make it through the defensive net and strike the center of the Frontier. For three hundred miles in all directions the ground rose up to the heavens, mountains vanished and seas boiled away. The dead numbered thirty million.
This incident caused such fervor among the Nobility that an inquest was held to find out why the meteorite hadn't been detected beforehand. The conclusion they reached was a simple one. Composed largely of darkness and radiation, outer space was something the Nobility loved like it was their own parent. It had never occurred to them that the majestic void might betray them, so they hadn't seen any reason to keep an eye on the heavens. Who would dare to probe the secrets of their beloved parents' heart?
However, they began to scrutinize space much more closely, and just five days later, they discovered a meteor six thousand miles in diameter--actually, a planet--flying toward the Earth. Based on its shape and speed, they discovered it was one of the planetoids in Alpha Centauri, and there was no way to stop it on such short notice. Not only had the Ultimate Noble managed to wrest a celestial body from its orbit in another solar system, he was also able to use it in a plan to wipe out another planet.
The black arms of despair embraced the three Nobles.
That's when it happened.
"The Sacred Ancestor stepped forward. It was unclear how the planetoid had evaded the immutable laws of the universe to travel to within five million miles of the Earth, but it suddenly changed direction and flew off into the depths of space. In a sense, we were still numb from having to accept our own imminent extinction, but then the Sacred Ancestor commanded us to take Lawrence Valcua alive."
VHD Vol.16 "Tyrant's Stars" Page 76-77
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 pm

D can use left hand as sort of a trap finder
On entering the room, D stood in the center of the floor , raising his left hand and turning its palm in all directions. Once he'd finished sweeping it in a circle , the hoarse voice assured him, " No electronic, demonic. or otherwise paranormal traps here." Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War page 13

D shows resistance to poison, and this one is especially impressive because he was suffering from Sunlight Syndrome at the time
"Bats!" the hoarse voice cried. " If these vampire bats that'll attack a dhampir, this has gotta be some kind of mutated biological weapon. Watch yourself!"
In the time it took to say this, the room had filled with hundreds of flitting black shapes. But just listen closely. The flapping sounds suddenly vanished in one spot, a new shape filled the void, and then it too disappeared. It was right over the bed. D's right hand held his sword. Every time he swung it, the shapes bearing down on him were cut in twin, carpeting the floor and bed. However, one narrowly slipped past the tip of the blade and clung to D's right shoulder--only the sunlight syndrome could have made such a thing possible. Twin streams of blood coursed frim the tiny fangs of the bat the left hand wrested it free
-
The bellhops who came running after a call through the speaking tube were cleaning up the dead bats when D went down to the lobby. As he recovered, his skin was even drier than the sunlight syndrome had left it, yet he was sweating profusely. He was so emaciated that when he told the man at the front desk he was checking out, his words took the man's breath away. The fangs of those bats secreted a toxin that would kill a normal human instantaneously.

Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War page 20-21

Left hand can eat distortion fields
And behold! The ceiling and walls puckered at their centers, rising in a funnel shape before squeezing down into a single stream that was sucked into a spot just a bit off the ground--the palm of D's left hand, which had been raising off the ground. Who would've believed that the tiny mouth that opened on its surface could suck up that distortion field? The sky howled. The ground quaked. So great was the force of the wind, it left all of them clutching the very hair on their heads. They weren't overreacting--the wind threatened to yank it from their scalps. The howl of the ferocious fale died, and a second later light filled their world.

Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War page 27

D has stealth skills on par with ninja's
D's feet didn't make a sound, and his body melded with the darkness. On a night when even the stars weren't out, he could stand right in front of a person without them even knowing.

Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War page 74

D gets eaten and subsequently torn to pieces and keeps fighting
As the men stood rooted in disbelief, one of their heads burst apart like a pomegranate. The arm in black that poked from it was covered with blood and liquefied brains.
is that D?
Even though the remaining men realized it was, they were powerless to do anything. Another man's head exploded, and a right hand appeared, gripping a sword. From the head of the third came a traveler's hat and an inhumanly gorgeous face. "This is how a vampire fights!" D's left hand laughed aloud. With fear on his face, the fourth one spun around. It was the same man who'd pushed his head back together. Behind him, the bodies of the other three tottered, holding each other up. Flesh split, and bones snapped.
-
The sword flew from the hand that'd appeared. Spinning horizontally, the blade took the fleeing man through the back of the neck. Once again, the man held his head down. and the line of the cut vanished. Turning, the man shouted, " You're wasting your time. I, one of the chosen?" the hoarse voice sneered. The man tripped over his own feet. It wasn't that the hoarse voice had scared him. The vermillion line around his neck had returned, and bright blood had gushed from it all at once. A bloody mist enveloped his upper body and no sooner didt, than the man dropped his head. Accompanying it were the arms that held it, taken off at the elbows.
-
As the sword came spinning back, D caught it with his left hand. His body, which could only be described as exquisite, had already regenerated completely...

Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War page 150 - 151

A sacred Ancestor Sighting
D turned around. Something enormous loomed before him, deeper than the darkness. It was clearly a giant. D could make out boots the size of a house, firm ankles, and muscular calves. The kneecaps and thighs that should've been aboce this were one with the darkness of the distant void.
-
{skipping some stuff}
-
Dsprang. The colossus wore a jacket the color of darkness. His chest out like a massive crag, and D made another bound off of it. The hem of his coat spread. It fanned out like the black wings of a bat, flapping only once. D continued his ascent. A powerful jaw came into view. The lips looked like crudely hewn gravestones. Above a repulsive hooked nose, narrow slits of eyes ran off to either side. The dark irises and pupils had a luster like a crytal, reflecting the gorgeous young man who'd come on the attack. The altitude was ten thousand feet. Night spread in all directions up here as well. The giants hair rippled like waves, and D swung his sword low in the center of it. Suddenly, D was enveloped by complete tranquility.
-
{skipping some stuff}
-
"So it really was him," the left hand groaned...

Vampire Hunter D: Scenes From An Unholy War
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:57 am

D using Killing lust alone to send someone flying
The next instant,there was a cry that was difficult to describe a cry of despair, or a death rattle, or perhaps both and the rotund figure leapt back. No, he didn't leap, he was ant flying. Knocked back by a blow from a killing lust with all the substance of a solid object.

Noble science
there was a this against the floor. Still clutching the sword, totem's arm had been take off at the elbow. And as was normal for a blow from D's blade, the stump exposed gleaming metallic bone and a silvery bundle of wire nerves. Those wires dripped down all over the floor and the severed arm on the floor. And then they connected in midair, swiftly melding together to lift the severed arm and align it with the stump. This thing could revive it's very neves, something even the nobility's indestructible nature supposedly didn't allow. And weren't these inanimate wires? It was magic. The nobility had developed sorcery that could give life and regenerative abilities I even inanimate objects.

D flattened a mountain with a stab of his sword

"In the begining, there was a chain of mountains. It's call the North Lake Mountain range, and it's on maps and everything. The highest peak is Mount North Lake at fifteen thousand feet, and another seven in the ten-thousand-foot range. And all of it, just like that----well, I'd say it coundn't have taken two seconds for them to be laid flat."Twin D

"Laid flat?"

"That's right,"Mia said. "It was just like a dream. That huge moutain range shook just like it was an illusion, its lines blured, and in an instant it was turned flat. Then after that, this plain formed."

What the power of Mother Nature had raised tens of millions of years earlier had now become this smooth expanse of earth and stones. Where had the other billions, nay, trillions of tons of rock and soil gone? Had the gate D stabbed into been the North Lake Mountain Range? The mystery had been transformed into a desolate plain slumbering in the light of the moon.

As the blade glided forward, the thrust was perfect, the tip formed a right angle to the door as it slid in as smoothely as if he were stabing a mirage. All the energy in this world was channeled through D's body and into the blade in a spilt second.

The Gate grew indistinct, losing it's shape and allowing the scene beyond it to come into view. A vast wilderness stretching into the twilight. D had realized that this was simultaneously the world that he presently occupied and the real world. Fact and fiction were in complete agreement
Vampire Hunter D: Twin Shadowed Knight

D ran 6 miles in under five minutes....I think
"The key lies right there," the baron said, tossing his chin in D's direction. Though a hint of hope streamed into the pair's faces, the ashen hopelessness swiftly returned. Not even D could possibly carry the three of them over six miles in less than five minutes.
"what'd you have in mind, jerk?" the hoarse-voiced D snapped at the Noble. " That's just plain impossible."
"In that case, stay here and be engulfed by the flames," the baron said with a mocking grin. His finger was aimed at D. " But there's no need for that. Not if you were created by the man I know. This situation should be child's play. You may not know it, but the you you don't know knows it. So, if you don't want to die, try to let it out. show your true-the abilities of a Noble among Nobles, that he gave you. That is the true possibility of tomorrow!"
-
[skipping some stuff]
-
"one minute left," the baron said
"Hey, what the hell should I do?" the hoarse voice asked. The girl and her brother no longer believed it was D's
"I really don't know," the baron replied. Clutching his leather satchel, he swallowed hard. "Ten seconds."
His tone was poised on the brink between life and death, making it seem there was no difference between humans and Nobility.
D turned his face upward. He'd just caught a certain voice that he alone could hear.
You are my only success
Vampire Hunter D: Record of The Blood Battle page 133-134

The explosion from the feat above
In a spot in the northern Frontier, a little town was wiped from the face of the earth. The surface was gouged by a massive crater six miles across and more than half a mile deep, withj not a single molecule remaining of what had once been there, but the investigating team from the Capital was surprised to find not the slightest trace of radiation
Vampire Hunter D: Record of The Blood Battle page 134
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Respect