FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Vampire Hunter D

Many are called, but only few are chosen.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Vampire Hunter D

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

D dodging a laser
“A ferocious howl shook the night air, and an indigo flash of light shot from the coachman’s perch on the carriage. D dove to the side to dodge it, only able to escape the beam because his superhuman hearing had discerned the sound of the laser cannon.“on the perch swiveling to bear on him. The beam pierced the hem of his overcoat, igniting it in pale blue flames. Presumably, the cannon was equipped with voice recognition circuits and an electronic targeting system that responded to Garou’s howls. Avoiding the flashes of blue that flew with unerring accuracy to wherever he’d gone to dodge the last, D had no choice but to keep twisting through the air

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 1.”
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Ds skill
“His murderous dash at three hundred miles per hour was met by the blade of “Vampire Hunter D—who’d taken down a werewolf running at half the speed of sound. A flash of steel shot out, cutting Gimlet from the collarbone on his left side to the thoracic vertebrae on the right. Sending bloody blossoms of crimson into the air, the streamlined body of the runner hit the ground with incredible force.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 1.”

Ds speed
“Three flashes of black shot from his right hip. One flew over D’s head, arced, and came at him from the rear. One zipped right along the ground, clipping every blade of grass it touched until it turned up at his feet and shot toward his armpit. And one came straight at the Hunter as a distraction. Each was a shrike-blade unleashed on a different course with breathtaking speed.
However …
All of Rei-Ginsei’s murderous implements were knocked out of the air with a beautiful sound.
“A pained cry of “Ah” could be heard from the bushes, as Rei-Ginsei’s left hand was severed at the elbow. It flew through the air, a candle still held tight in its fist. D, who’d rushed to where Rei-Ginsei had landed the moment he’d fended off the three attacks, had chopped it

. “Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 1.”
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 pm

D getting blasted
“There was no way he could move. He had taken a blast of energy that destroyed hundreds of tons of rock in the walls and ceiling, and he had been smashed headfirst into a stone wall. Of course, an ordinary person would’ve been killed instantly by internal injuries alone.”

. “Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 2: Raiser of Gales.”
-
D knows Kung fu
“Didn’t all three Vigilance Committee members just sail through the air and slam against the floor with an enormous crash? Weren’t they supposed to have the strength of five hundred men in that armor?
If by some chance there’d been a super-high-speed camera there to film this scene, it would’ve caught D as he slipped between the jumbled forms of the trio and twisted their wrists behind their backs with secret skill. The wrist and shoulder joints of every last man were shattered beyond repair”

-
. “Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 5: The Stuff of Dreams.”
-
D can fly
“D remained in the air. To be precise, he was flying. His black coat had become wings that helped him hang like a gorgeous mystic bird; or a massive black bat.”
“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 9: The Rose Princess.”

-
D vs transmutation
“This is intriguing. It would appear you’ve been turned into water,” Miska commented as she stared at D with blazing eyes.
So, the gorgeous Hunter’s battle with the Kenlark had had fearsome consequences. Perhaps the secret of how the Kenlark could transform its surroundings into water lay in the tentacles D had seized. Surely the only thing that allowed D to retain his human shape was the Noble blood that flowed in his veins.”

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 11: Pale Fallen Angel
-
More skill from D
“someone were to elaborate on the events that unfolded a heartbeat later, it probably would’ve gone something like this: Turning sideways to avoid the spear one man was thrusting at him, D used his left elbow to deliver an uppercut to the man’s chin. The blow came with such power that the man’s body, weighing more than 170 pounds, went straight up in the air. Perhaps D had calculated it so that the bastard sword flying at him would take the man right through the heart. The man was killed instantly, but a split second before he died, the Hunter took the short spear from him and hurled it at the remaining man. There was nothing the man could do to prevent that steel spearhead from piercing his larynx.”

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 14: Dark Road
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:38 pm

D closes a hole in space.
“Space eaters—in return for swallowing their own bodies, these bugs tore a hole in space that would swallow anything and everything. And Grand Duke Mehmet was able to control these dangerous creatures as he wished.
Not saying another word, he let one of the bugs go buzzing through the air. This time it arced right up over D and Ann’s heads. Beginning to devour itself in midair, it opened a hole above Ann’s head . . .
A silvery flash shot straight up from below. It resolved into a blade, the tip of which thrust into the hole that’d appeared. The instant bluish lightning spilled from the hole, the sword pulled back out of it. And the terrible bug hole disappeared.
A black-gloved hand, stretching out from the pit, gripped”

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 14: Dark Road
-
D got turned into a sun and lived
“The skull’s teeth came to a dead stop. “What I did to you . . . would burn a Noble down to the bone. Because it turns you into the sun . . . no one can withstand it. Yet how did you manage this . . . without any antidote? Why . . . the only one who’s ever endured that was our Sacred Ancestor"

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 15: Dark Road
-
D got dissolved ?
“That enzyme dissolves bodies—your mind is deeper and stronger than I’ll ever know, but your flesh isn’t . . .”
A warning signal resounded somewhere in Sigma’s electronic thought centers. An intense “pain” shot through it, and its “eyes” were drawn to the blade of a sword stuck halfway into its casing. Blue electromagnetic waves stretched from it in all directions.
“That’s my . . . vital spot . . . You really are . . . something else.”
A puddle of ooze lay on the floor where D had been. It stood up. For an instant, it was only visible as something wearing clothes, but Sigma knew the strapping figure with dark eyes could only be D.”

Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 16: Tyrant’s Stars
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:46 am

Mayerling
“When the fire-drowned mass lurched away from the coach, the shadows let out voiceless screams. The ten-thousand-degree heat should have incinerated even a Noble’s bones.
Suddenly, the dark figure collapsed and was swallowed by the flames once again. When the half-humans saw this, triumphant smiles appeared on their rough faces. Only six of them remained.
It quickly became four. Something had stretched out from the fire, sliced off the heads of the two lead attackers in one sideways swing and cut across their chests on the return.
The survivors did not understand what had happened. What they saw was a human hand sticking out from the flames. With the fingers in a line like a blade, the hand slashed right.
Two more heads rolled on the right. “Mayerling’s claw…” groaned one of the remaining two. They had received orders to kill Mayerling before he wielded it.
The hand rose again. Out of the flames rose Mayerling, his purple cape swirling in the superheated wind currents.
The flames of death, falling away from his cape with one shake, had not burned any part of his skin or mane.”

“Noble V: Greylancer.”
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:32 pm

D takes a mental attack

“How strong is the attack?” D asked, not sounding at all distressed.
“As if you couldn’t tell already. Well, I’d say it’s about five thousand rigels on the Noble scale. Enough to drive the entire population of a city mad in a millisecond.”
“The desert doesn’t pull any punches.”

. “Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 6: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane.”

D can kill an illusion

“Gotta stay on your toes. Your opponent’s only an illusion,” the voice told D. “You’ll have to beat it with just your psyche. Carving it up won’t do you any good.”
Suddenly, the surface of the water bubbled up. The dark blue form of a fish broke the surface as it leapt into the air. It was a streamlined behemoth, nearly twelve feet long and weighing a good five hundred pounds. The front end had a gigantic mouth open wide and a red gullet. The teeth were like white spearheads.
A flash of silver tore through the entire body. D ducked ever so slightly, and the colossal fish split in two over his head, dropping into the water with an incredible plume of spray. ”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 6: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane.”

Seeing through another illusion

“Bounding to her without making a sound, D took a look at the plain wooden stake stuck in the tree trunk before he spun around. Ahead of him, a black fog had billowed up silently. D’s kicking off the ground and the fog’s enveloping him were almost simultaneous, and it was a few seconds later that a cry of pain arose from the bushes about fifteen feet away.
“You did a wonderful job of seeing through my little deception, but you can’t stop the fog of death. I should’ve expected as much from Vampire Hunter ‘D.’ My carelessness has simply made more work for me,” said the figure in white who’d appeared from thin air—Miska.
Apparently she’d taken D seeing through her illusion into account all along.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 11: Pale Fallen Angel
Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Kitten Lord » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:39 pm

I have to say this is coming along very nicely. Good job Ammo, D is a character whos used now and then on the pile but people always ask his powers and the information we get is sometimes just myths spoken by other pilers but now we have a lot of useful quotes.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

Kitten Lord wrote:I have to say this is coming along very nicely. Good job Ammo, D is a character whos used now and then on the pile but people always ask his powers and the information we get is sometimes just myths spoken by other pilers but now we have a lot of useful quotes.

Thanks! Yea after reading the book I found out some quotes that I read had some problems and holes even though most were spot on and I also found out that D is a very Mary Sue character :lol:

"From the way you were breathing, I could tell there were flowers blooming in your right lung," said D"
Vampire Hunter D Pale Fallen Angel pg 106 Book 1

Ds super senses at work

If this were true, then in a split second, D had guaged the speed of the sword shooting up from the ground and the location of the malignant growth in the baron's chest and excised the bizzare flowers with that thrust of the blade. He'd used one of the assassin's attacks to remedy the damage they'd caused earlier...Vampire Hunter D Pale Fallen Angel pg 107 Book 1

Ds needles calced

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?p=12254193

Originally Posted by With help from spacebattles(good people there)
Then we need to figure out the density, velocity, area and drag coefficient
I used a density of 1.293 because it was there. Area, I got the length from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knitting_needle by adding 4 and 15 and dividing by two, width was from here http://www.kcgtrading.com/needles.php?type=circular again I added the highest and lowest and divided by two. Due to the wiki article listing the density or air in metres and every test and exam I’ve had in physics requiring us to work in terms of metres I converted these to metres
Length of 0.2413 metres and width of 0.01075 metres
Now to finally get the area I used the formula of the area of a cylinder pie*radius squared*height where radius was half the width and height was the length
This of course gives us an area of 2.19*10^-5m^3
While that’s useful for figuring out the energy I’ve now realised that’s not the projected area (which is all that matters for the purposes of drag (which would be pie*radius squared)), the projected area would be 9.07*10^-5m^2
For the drag coefficient I chose 0.1, lacking a reference number for needles and such, this might be lowballing it as this site http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fr...nts-d_778.html says the coefficient between waxed wood and snow would be 0.04 but oh well.

Next we need to find out how much energy to ignite that wood http://virtual.vtt.fi/virtual/innofi...g/burning.html, from here we know wood burns at 300 degrees Celsius and from here we know how many joules to raise a gram of wood one degree http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_ca...ding_materials. Now we need to figure out how many grams of wood we have, we know from here http://www.simetric.co.uk/si_wood.htm the density of a variety of wood, I chose the lowest, 380,000 grams per cubic metre then times that by the area which gives us 8.32 grams of wood to raise 300 degrees Celsius (assuming a starting point of 0 of course)
8.32*0.42*300=1047 (if you were to just do that equation you wouldn’t get 1047 as it’s not exactly 8.32 grams of wood).
I wouldn't have known where to get all that material. But the rest was easy then.

Energy = Force * Distance

This is for the needle to just start burning (distance practically falls away due to needles igniting pretty much instantly after being thrown):

1047=0.5*1.293*(v^2)*0.1*(9.07*10^-5)
1047=(v^2)*(5.8678*10^-6)
174511742 = (v^2)
13210,3 m/s

47557,08 km/h

mach 39

Lowest temp for a white flame is around 1300°C, so you just need to adjust properly.

Mach 39 to start burning, 83 to burn white (he didn't show the calc for the second number though, just how he got the first).

That calc even caught me off guard.

Another respect thread

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=835379
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:53 am

Dodging those icy fragments as they fell, D swung his sword once more. The thread connected to the surface of the moon that speeny said the great one alone could cut was easily severed, and the three of them fell back to earth at a ferocious velocity. The hunter's frozen coat and hat, instantly heated by friction with the air, started to smoke

Vampire Hunter D Tyrant's Star pg 555 Part 1

D fell from the stratosphere and survived the impact
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

Postby Amm0vamp1r3 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:28 pm

D vs a dream monster inside of him (note he feels everything on his outside body)
“Suddenly, the cries of D’s left hand were interrupted by a bizarre chill enveloping the Hunter’s frame. With a sickeningly loud tearing sound, furry tentacles burst out all over his body. A monster within him—created, perhaps, by the combination of the smoke and the blue petal tea the old woman had given him before—was being born. Wriggling tentacles ruptured D’s chest, stomach, and face. The back of his head flew off and something that looked like a cross between a spider and a scorpion peered out.
D’s left hand grabbed the creature by the neck. It was like a vision of hell. With just one hand, D yanked out the creature that’d formed in his body. Flesh ripped and bones snapped. As the creature plopped to the ground, D’s longsword split its brain in two. D stood there impassively.
“Well, I must say, I’m downright amazed at your power today,” someone said with admiration. “If you weren’t fully aware this world is no more than a dream, I fancy you’d be in a body bag right about now.”

“Vampire Hunter D, Vol. 5: The Stuff of Dreams.”

D vs Illusions

Following the woman's remark, the priest focused on the point she indicated through the windshield and gasped. At some point, the truck and D had been surrounded by pale blue lights. Wolves. Wrapped in a dazzling phosphorescence, dozens of them raced all around the truck and horse. From their eyes spilled streaks of flame, and from their savagely rent lips came gouts of burning blue breath. "Oh this isn't good at all!" the old priest crieed. "This are the pets of the nobility---Children Of the Night. Nothing on earth savors the taste of human flesh more than these creatures!""Get a grip on yourself. You're not very enlightend for a priest, are you?" su-In said scornguly. "They're all illusions. The real Pets died off ages ago." [Skip some useless babble] The sound of trees being shredded shook the holy man's eardrums, leaving him pale as a corpse. "It's okay. tough as they are, they can't eat a truck. On the other hand, I wouldn't be so sure about him.[More useless babble] The luminescent forms were closing on D, too. It was impossible to say whether what gushed frin their gaping maws was fiery breath or glowing spittle. One of the beasts was like a speeding ball of light as it came at him with all its might to bite into the horse's right flank. But the very instant it seemd to sink its teeth in, there was a vertical slash of silvery light and the beast's head seperated fromits body, sailing through the air and vanished before it could strike the ground.
-
Two more raced toward the rider this time, blue streaks trailing behind them. Not even bothering to turn, D made a sweep of his sword to the right. As if Drawn to the weapon, the vicious beasts launched themselves right into the silvery arc, and were reduced to flecks of light before they vanished.D's skill with a blade was such he could've stopped a foe at the speed of sound. The wolves' speed dwindled swiftly. D tore right through their midst, and the truck did the same.

Vampire Hunter D Mysterious Journey To The North Sea Part One

D's Skill
Although the blade didn't look like it moved at all, it was D's skill alone that left all faive of the old man's fingers skattered across the floor.

-
D in a fist fight
The straight he threw at D's face was picture perfect. His fist was still in mid air when he felt something lock around his wrist with incredible strength. The ground and sky switched places, and a heartbeat later his massive form flipped around and his back hit the ground [ some stuff that has nothing to do with the feat] The instant he realized that, he shut his own eyes and bounded forward in a way that showed his instinct and ability as a veteran brawler. When a sharp pain shot once more though the arms he wa swinging blindly, Dwight knew he was beaten. This time the top of his skull took the impact as he was stood on his head and lost consciousness in that same pose.

Last edited by Amm0vamp1r3 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amm0vamp1r3
Primarch

PreviousNext

Return to FactPile Respect