FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Deathbattle [discussion]

Like the name implies, this is the place to talk about whatever’s on your noodle.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Deathbattle [discussion]

Postby guardianangel1911 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Jwlynas wrote:Huh... pretty entertaining watch. Cinematically, it seems about as accurate as anything else you'll likely see (Goku's death is far from final thank to Dragonballs and so he has the least to lose from... losing) and factually they're both so steeped in Hyperbole and assumption that any truly accurate measurement would be be nigh impossible to figure out.

Then again, I've long been a supporter of the Superman side, so obviously my bias does show through a little.

That said, what specific mistakes did they make? I didn't see anything overly obvious, and both heroes, on their own, were ludicrously impressive so its not like one side got screwed.

Well he can come back if he has King Kai ring up the Namekians, Earth kind of.....doesn't have anything on it since it's gone. Ironically Goku attacked Superman because he thought he'd destroy the planet, he was right.

as for mistakes, non canon stuff from GT (ss4 etc.) TK from a filler episode. I really didn't see any other errors though, the simulation itself is just rule of cool so any errors there don't really matter.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Alpha or Omega » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

I do like watching the fights and enjoy them.
Sometimes though, they just seem to miss things that normal people see.
I'll admit, I rage sometimes.....Oh hey D.C. finally got off their losing streak. (in Death Battles that is)
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Jwlynas wrote:Huh... pretty entertaining watch. Cinematically, it seems about as accurate as anything else you'll likely see (Goku's death is far from final thank to Dragonballs and so he has the least to lose from... losing) and factually they're both so steeped in Hyperbole and assumption that any truly accurate measurement would be be nigh impossible to figure out.

Then again, I've long been a supporter of the Superman side, so obviously my bias does show through a little.

That said, what specific mistakes did they make? I didn't see anything overly obvious, and both heroes, on their own, were ludicrously impressive so its not like one side got screwed.

a lot of it has to do with desperateness to asses gokus limits. but he got boned in a lot of categories. taking them one at a time the snake way feat had a few problems
1) they said that if goku flys straight over snake way that he cuts xamount of corners but in the manga he switches between running and flying repeatedly
2) (this might be my mistake and not theres since i've never seen it discussed before) but why do assume that snake way is one mil kilometers in terms of its length including curves instead of the length of snake ways start to snake ways end? that seems like it'd make more sense to me
3)why would you use saiyan saga goku to find his max speed. goku gets constant power boosts through the series current base goku is far far stronger than saiyan saga base goku.
4)goku was holding back using all of his energy on snake way because he knew he would have to fight the saiyans (in short he was pacing himself)

so using this feat to asses gokus max speed is ridiculous
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 pm

true, what would have been a better speed feat for Goku?
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:true, what would have been a better speed feat for Goku?

not sure what the best one would be, id probably have to re watch the entire series read the manga and all that (something they were supposed to do)
but considering that the movie is supposed to
Spoiler
start with some space combat
if he uses any base form thats always good for speed feats. another reason they should have waited for the movie to come out.
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

true, though they started sometime last year before it was announced but kept pushing it back for various technical reasons. They may not know about the movie.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:14 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:true, though they started sometime last year before it was announced but kept pushing it back for various technical reasons. They may not know about the movie.

yeah i know they had to do animation stuff lol they probably found out in the middle of the animation project and said ya know what fuck it to late :lol:
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Probably. I know I wouldn't want to start everything all over.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm

snake way isn't the only feat i have problems with but its definitely one of the worst. the lifting feat was pretty bad too
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Commander Cross » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:Probably. I know I wouldn't want to start everything all over.

They should have went with some other fight, like y'know, Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown(No More Heroes) Cole McGrath vs either Protagonist from the Prototype games, or hells' bells, go granola and went with one of the fights I've been asking about, instead. T_T

The Potter-World Ministry of Magic vs the dot hack-verse's CC Corporation feels too obvious to note, how about I gun for something that's, I dunno, less obvious and gun for Ed Edd N Eddy vs Edward Cullen, dare I ask a sort of question like that?

Even Dresden vs Cullen(while less subtle) would have had less threats of stupidity coming across for crying outloud.

A fight for the X-Com forces against another faction has potential for crying outloud!
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Reminds me of factpile in general!
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me

PreviousNext

Return to ShoutBox