FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Tekkit Craft

Like the name implies, this is the place to talk about whatever’s on your noodle.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tekkit Craft

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

It's been awhile since I posted anything Minecraft related and I thought it would be a waste not cover the Mother of all Minecraft Mods.

As you can see in the background, I have modified parts of a Village to suit my needs for a base camp. Why bother making a home when you can steal one? If you are wondering what kind of armor I'm wearing, it's a Quautum Helmet with a Nano Body Armor, Leggings, and boots. Both of which are made from some of the strongest and most expensive materials in the game.

All the items are incredibly difficult to get/manfacture, but the pay off is well worth the effort you put in. That's what Tekkit is all about, high risk = high reward.

This is my laboratory where all my gadgets and gizmos generally reside. It took quite a long time to get it set up in a quasi-efficient manner, considering I am not very good at planning things out for an extended period of time. Which I am fine with, makes things more fun. Each machine seen have a unique and crucial role in my ability produce the items I desire. Starting from left to right: Iron Furnace, Singularity Compressor, Extractor, Recycler, Geothermal Generator (My secondary power source), and Mass Fabricator. Off to the side of the right is my Condenser:

Arguably one of my most useful pieces of (magical) equipment in my laboratory. It allows for a quick of gathering materials without the hassle of finding them. For example: A stack of Coal is equal to one diamond. Two diamonds are worth one Uranium ore, and so on and so forth. Extremely handy and definitely something you should invest in making.

I talked about early how my secondary source of power was a Geothermal Generator. Here is my primary source of energy:

The Nuclear Reactor, provides a massive amount of energy in exchange for risk of having it meltdown and explode. The benefits vastly outweigh the negative aspects, all it needs is a little maintenance from time to time. If any of you decide to build one of these, it is essential you put it in a container made of Reinforced Glass or Reinforced Stone with a relatively decent of amount of water. Here is a relatively safe setup to power your reactor:

There are many forms of energy you can use and oil refining is one of my favorites (Even if it is less effective than Nuclear Energy). If you ever one to begin pumping oil, you must first find a geyser, like so:

This one is much bigger than the norm as you can plainly see, so it will definitely benefit us in the future. Now all that's left is to harvest it.

Viola, this is an Oil Refinery I pre-arranged (the large geyser I came across a bit later). Refined Oil is most commonly used in things like the Combustion_Engine.

Need to mine a large amount of materials, but never seem to find the time? Well look no further than the Quarry!

While the energy needed to power it can be quite demanding, this piece of machinery will do all the work for you while you are out doing more important projects. Leave it alone for long enough and it will mine all the way down to bedrock and even cuts through obsidian! (Just make sure to check up on it periodically to make sure lava doesn't get in the way.)

I must say, the results are quite satisfactory. :lol:

So many things Tekkit has to offer and yet I have barely even scratched the surface of this Mod. Easy to download, challenging to learn, and hours upon hours of discovery.
So get your copy today. HEROBRINE DEMANDS IT.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Re: Tekkit Craft

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Looks pretty awesome. Any downsides to it?
Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 pm

DivineChaos88 wrote:Looks pretty awesome. Any downsides to it?

Minor bugs here and there, it's pretty large compared to Minecraft so it can take some time to load. It also can have a steep learning curve, but other than that, it's a top notch game and any serious Minecrafter should take a look at it. Download can be found here http://www.technicpack.net/. The link to the download should be on the right side of the page near the top.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 pm

TheSorrow wrote:
DivineChaos88 wrote:Looks pretty awesome. Any downsides to it?

Minor bugs here and there, it's pretty large compared to Minecraft so it can take some time to load. It also can have a steep learning curve, but other than that, it's a top notch game and any serious Minecrafter should take a look at it. Download can be found here http://www.technicpack.net/. The link to the download should be on the right side of the page near the top.

I'll make sure to look into it after I get a little bit more used to the PC version.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby TheSorrow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm

That would be a good idea, the amount of recipes you have to learn in Tekkit is almost guaranteed overwhelm you. Even for a seasoned Minecraft player myself. It is also extremely beneficial for you to watch Tekkit videos on YouTube specifically Tekkit with Duncan
Last edited by TheSorrow on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby SmilinJack » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 pm

TheSorrow wrote:That would be a good idea, the amount of recipes you have to learn in Tekkit is almost guaranteed overwhelm you. Even for a seasoned Minecraft player myself.

I can believe it. I'm occupied on the regular version trying to build a new fortress as is.
SmilinJack
Utopia Overlord

Postby Ford Prefect » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am

All of you out, this is property of Sips Co. You go over there and farm you're dirt at...um...Not Co.
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder

Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Postby bardian97 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm

I love tekkit. I've recently been working on figuring out equivalent exchange. TUNGSTEN ORE IS AWESOME.
Anyways, I'm gonna make a new world and post updates on here from time to time.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby bardian97 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Got a transmutation tablet made, so now to work on industrialcraft things.
Dicks
bardian97
Psychotron

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:41 am

My brother who plays tekkit made a huge fortress out of Forcefields and trap pistons that would drop a player into the floor and then suffocate them with a Forcefield beam. Pretty simple in person.
Fearless wretch! Insanity! He watches, lurking beneath the sea
Ford Prefect
Organ Grinder

Location: A mostly harmless insignificant little blue planet.

Next

Return to ShoutBox