FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

FP Flag

Like the name implies, this is the place to talk about whatever’s on your noodle.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FP Flag

Postby Deathtanker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:10 pm

This thread spins off from both the ongoing discussion here, and the original initiative on the mainland to design a community flag.

- Mata


----

Here's basically my old design done by Mata with a few textures thrown in: Link

Discuss. Its just a couple things I've thrown in that is not even remotely final. I want feedback.
Robert Frost wrote:The best way out is always through.

Image
User avatar
Deathtanker
Canewielder
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Several.

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Jwlynas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 am

Can't just be me who thinks of these guys when I see that flag...

Iron Warriors

Edited for feedback

While I like the design in principle, and the arrows clashing in the centre works as a decent representation of what we stand for, given that the main colours of the main site are Black and orange it seems they'd make more sense as main colours for the flag.
Image
User avatar
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater
 
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Hitman H94 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 am

Jwlynas wrote:While I like the design in principle, and the arrows clashing in the centre works as a decent representation of what we stand for, given that the main colours of the main site are Black and orange it seems they'd make more sense as main colours for the flag.

I too like the use of colours make sense, but the stripes instantly make me think of a construction zone and personally I don't like the stripes, the colour behind the arrow seems a bit weird to me too.
Image

Image
User avatar
Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog
 
Posts: 17783
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Fighting In World War III

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Eric Gigliotti » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:12 am

So... the latest match on the main site is "English Bulldog vs the Death Star." The bulldog is on the DS and has to destroy it before anyone kills it. Honestly? What. The. Fuck.
Image

Mister Teal wrote:
Ruliya wrote:He edited it xD He said 3 originally xD That's hilarious!
No I had originally misspelled 2
User avatar
Eric Gigliotti
Misery Machine
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 am
Location: Angola, IN

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:
Jwlynas wrote:While I like the design in principle, and the arrows clashing in the centre works as a decent representation of what we stand for, given that the main colours of the main site are Black and orange it seems they'd make more sense as main colours for the flag.

I too like the use of colours make sense, but the stripes instantly make me think of a construction zone and personally I don't like the stripes, the colour behind the arrow seems a bit weird to me too.

Is there more on the project?
Murder's done it now.
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Dualgunner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Eric Gigliotti wrote:So... the latest match on the main site is "English Bulldog vs the Death Star." The bulldog is on the DS and has to destroy it before anyone kills it. Honestly? What. The. Fuck.

My post, #51, states my opinion.
"Your memes end here."
--Raiden, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
"Now I can porn without a care in the world!"
--Envoy, "Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 Review"
User avatar
Dualgunner
King Runaway (Close enough?)
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: Sacrificing worlds to save a life

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Commander Cross » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Dualgunner wrote:
Eric Gigliotti wrote:So... the latest match on the main site is "English Bulldog vs the Death Star." The bulldog is on the DS and has to destroy it before anyone kills it. Honestly? What. The. Fuck.

My post, #51, states my opinion.


Here's hoping no more of these kinds of matches will wind up getting posted, alright?
So how to reduce the amounts of fail pervading the site?
http://dragcave.net/image/n765.gif

Please help save the dragon egg.

Image
Reminds me of factpile in general!
User avatar
Commander Cross
You Can't Fade Me
 
Posts: 14286
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:46 am

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Eric Gigliotti » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Commander Cross wrote:Here's hoping no more of these kinds of matches will wind up getting posted, alright?
So how to reduce the amounts of fail pervading the site?

As soon as Kenny's guidelines get posted.
Image

Mister Teal wrote:
Ruliya wrote:He edited it xD He said 3 originally xD That's hilarious!
No I had originally misspelled 2
User avatar
Eric Gigliotti
Misery Machine
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 am
Location: Angola, IN

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Deathtanker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Jwlynas wrote:While I like the design in principle, and the arrows clashing in the centre works as a decent representation of what we stand for, given that the main colours of the main site are Black and orange it seems they'd make more sense as main colours for the flag.


Well, the cross they meet at is meant to represent FP - with the four 'branches' symbolizing books/”graphic novels”, games, movies, and television. I made that orange/bronze for obvious reasons.

If you have another color that goes well with orange and black - I'm all ears.
Robert Frost wrote:The best way out is always through.

Image
User avatar
Deathtanker
Canewielder
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Several.

Re: Progressive decline of debate quality on the mainland.

Postby Matapiojo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 am

Crud. Cant see the flag. I'll give you feedback when I get home.
AquilaChrysaetos wrote:Don't make mata mad. Or he'll do this:\
Image
User avatar
Matapiojo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: Uberville

Next

Return to ShoutBox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron