FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Rants by Murder

Like the name implies, this is the place to talk about whatever’s on your noodle.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Rants by Murder

Postby Murder_Maker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:38 am

There's a war brewing.. you sure you want to be in the path when it hits?
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can not withstand this storm." and the warrior shouts back "I AM THE STORM!".
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby Negative Zero » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:39 am

Murder_Maker wrote:There's a war brewing.. you sure you want to be in the path when it hits?

Meh.
Negative Zero
Captain Obvious

Postby Murder_Maker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 am

I also like my subtitle "Out of exile". Makes me sound like a Ranger, and not the gay Texas kind.
Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can not withstand this storm." and the warrior shouts back "I AM THE STORM!".
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby Murder_Maker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 am

Updated my rants. BSG added. Next up: HALO!
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby Jwlynas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:28 am

Marneus Calgar defeated a Avatar by being smashed to the ground, beaten down but refusing to give up. He eventually uppercutted its head off, and then fell and had to be rushed off the battlefield and back to his ship for medical attentions lest he die of his wounds. Fulgrim choked an Avatar out, and left that match with scorched hands.

Marneus has the Powerfists of a lesser Chaos Lord resanctified to work in the Big E's name, Abaddon has the Talon of Horus, as in the personal weapon of one of the most powerful primarchs, and a daemon sword capable of cleaving reality. Marneus has a Battlebarge, Abaddon has the Planet Killer. Marneus has the Ultramarines and their myriad Successor Chapters, Abaddon has the full force of the Chaos Army, Dark Mechanicus and the Daemon Hordes behind him. Marneus has been Chaptermaster for a few years, Abaddon has been the champion of four gods damn near since the heresy!

How in any stretch of the mind does Marneus come out on top in your mind... Genuinelly, I'm curious.

...Try not to start anything with Negative, he's a persistent one, and I don't want to start deleting posts all over the shop just because peopole can't stop flaming.
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater

Postby Murder_Maker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:59 am

He can win because he has the Emperor's blessings. We've seen Grey Knights defeat greater demons of the Chaos gods. Abaddon isn't that badass, he just a big pussy cat that needs to be kicked in the teeth. I would do it if I was there.
Murder_Maker
Freak On A Leash

Postby Asger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:08 am

Murder_Maker wrote:Never said he couldnt. Did I? The Doc has been kicking ass since 1963 I think and is closer to science fantasy than science fiction. I just said I dont know enough about the good Doctor to make any sort of rant.

It can be both thanks to the Tardis. Some can be real sci-fi, such as the Daleks building a universe destoying bomb by stealing planets, and some can be closer to fantasy, such as Charles Dickens being haunted by ghost-like aliens.
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Asger
Organ Grinder

Previous

Return to ShoutBox