FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Gamer Gate

Like the name implies, this is the place to talk about whatever’s on your noodle.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: Gamer Gate

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Skarlet wrote:Why do you guys care so much.

For the exact reasons I listed. I don't like it when people intentionally twist people's hobbies it doesn't need to be. Same thing happened when SJW's decided that Atheism wasn't good enough, it needed to be Atheism+. They essentially are doing the exact same thing, claiming the old generation is dead, and artificially trying to create a new one where everyone's feelings take priority.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Ruliya » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Skarlet wrote:Why do you guys care so much.

I was really bored yesterday. I even started posting on the mainland.
http://protogonus.deviantart.com/ - My Art, such as it is.

Ruliya
Utopia Overlord

Postby Soulerous » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:10 pm

So people are mistreating a woman, she is aggravating the situation, and media is dishonestly using it to attack gamers. Is that about right? Sounds like bad decisions all around.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Soulerous wrote:So people are mistreating a woman, she is aggravating the situation, and media is dishonestly using it to attack gamers. Is that about right? Sounds like bad decisions all around.

A very small minority of people are mistreating a woman (of which we have no clue who really is a gamer or not) who isn't even apart of this anymore. People defending her by using the threats as a shield against any honest criticism "She did bad things, but that doesnt excuse _______". And the media being generaly incompetent, if not outright dishonest.
"You can either fight at my side, or get crushed under my heel. But you will NOT stand in my way."

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Soulerous » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:51 am

TheSorrow wrote:And the media being generaly incompetent, if not outright dishonest.

Entirely unsurprising. I wish I could comment more, but this issue hasn't really affected me. I didn't even know of it before this thread. But I agree it's a problem.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby TheSorrow » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:02 am

Well, like I said before, a big reason why I am in support of this is because I've already seen this happen before when certain Feminists tried to relabel Atheism. It doesn't need to be changed or fixed. Their attempts will ultimately fail because they simply don't care to take part of the thing they want to change, they aren't the main consumers of games. They just see it as another place where women are oppressed.

TheSorrow
Relentless Rebuke

Postby Soulerous » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:32 am

TheSorrow wrote:Their attempts will ultimately fail because they simply don't care to take part of the thing they want to change, they aren't the main consumers of games. They just see it as another place where women are oppressed.

Yeah, I think this sort of mindset encourages stereotyping which is essentially them invalidating themselves. I stumbled on a video, "If Gamer Girls acted like Gamer Guys" or something to that effect, and there was a huge outcry in the comments. Putting aside that it was simply a comedy sketch, it represented the immature base of gamers only (and certainly portrayed them as immature), leaving many outraged that they were being misrepresented because the video didn't bother to say "only some guy gamers act this way." It just said 'guy gamers.'

This illustrates not only peoples' (understandable) sensitivity at being stereotyped, but the fact that both sides have their faults. The real victims are the guys and girls just trying to have fun playing, but who have to put up with attempts to change more than what needs to be changed while those responsible for the sexism or oppression in the first place simply receive more fuel. It's a never-ending cycle driven by ignorance.
Soulerous
Labled Incurable

Postby Siggymansz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:08 pm

quickly weighing in here. i dont get out much sue me (because i only just now aeen this thread) also on tablet for this post

1. anita sarcasm is not a feminist. saying she is, is very insulting to actual legitimate womans rights activists.

2. sjw (basically feminazi, which are distinctly different from feminists inthat they are fucking insane) are self centered cunts to say the least
instead of using activism to push noble goals (equality in burma or idfk nigeria or sudan or syria) they perpetrate myths and falsehoods.
a good example of this is 'rape culture' which if you have ever visited certain countries in africa, is a phrase that when used to refer to any western nation makes me laugh then shed tears.

4. gamergate is a hashtag movement about ethics in game journolism, people cannot comtrol what is said using a hashtag. furthermore it is insanely hard to prove that threats and harrasment were/are mode by progg people and even if you could. its going to be an order of magnitude harder to prove thaht they speak for every other progg person

5. Rulyia, the reason you recieve threats ad insults when you reveal you are a feminist is because your movement has been coopted by con artists leading a cult of criminally insane. you are free to defend alolta marxism or loly bin (or anyother sjw) as is your right, but do be aware that, doing so may make some (probably stupid) peoplr think you are her supporter instead of devils advocate.

also Sorrow, ill ride with you mate.

Edit: if anyone is interested

Gamer Gate Sings Again @ r/KIA (archive link because I dislike reddit, visit v/KIA instead)

If you cbb/f but still interested here is rar of the songs
Or the official link, which is smaller because it doesn't include copies in different formats or the ellen pao song
Spoiler
Siggymansz
Primarch

Postby addseo1115 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 am

Very nice, it makes me understand more.
gclub
addseo1115
Out of Exile

Previous

Return to ShoutBox