FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

A question about current incarnations of Marvel characters.

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

A question about current incarnations of Marvel characters.

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 pm

So first I'd like to start by saying I know this is a couple years late. But I feel like I haven't seen this addressed anywhere on debating sites. All New All Different Marvel was Marvel Comics honey dicking the public. While it seemed like it was certainly going to be a reboot not much really changed and almost all the stories went on as if the events in secret wars (which ended with the entire multiverse ending and then being recreated.) never happened. However the multiverse was remade and there are several pieces of evidence pointing to it being altered. So should Marvel Characters from All New All Different Marvel on be considered separate incarnations? What say you factpilers?
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Re: A question about current incarnations of Marvel characte

Postby guardianangel1911 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm

I would say no, since its stated across several places that it is in fact the same characters. A good statement I saw in the comics is they basically got off one cruise ship and got on another that was almost identical except it had a slightly different shade of the same color paint. A new house doesn't make you a different person, you're just living in a different house that has the exact same address (its still universe 616 which has been said in several places as well)
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:18 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:I would say no, since its stated across several places that it is in fact the same characters. A good statement I saw in the comics is they basically got off one cruise ship and got on another that was almost identical except it had a slightly different shade of the same color paint. A new house doesn't make you a different person, you're just living in a different house that has the exact same address (its still universe 616 which has been said in several places as well)

Its a weird situation. Its said they're the same characters but it also said that the past had changed. As if who they were now didn't depend on who they were in the past lol
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Thats a reference to Marvels sliding timescale As described here which also cites the Galactus explanation as part of the explanation. Basically it's like a weird version of Doctor Who's fixed points, those key points in history are always the same distance into the past even though they are supposed to be further away.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:42 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:Thats a reference to Marvels sliding timescale As described here which also cites the Galactus explanation as part of the explanation. Basically it's like a weird version of Doctor Who's fixed points, those key points in history are always the same distance into the past even though they are supposed to be further away.

Ah i see. Marvel is so damned convoluted lol
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 am

It's more they've gone to great lengths to excuse not doing a reboot, and took the wibbly wobbly timey wimey approach to it.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Return to Factpile Debates