FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Fullmetal Alchemist vs Marvel Cinematic Earth

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Fullmetal Alchemist vs Marvel Cinematic Earth

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:55 am

Suggester: Friendlysociopath
Universes: Fullmetal Alchemist and Marvel Cinematic Universe

Description:
All the Earth-bound and allied forces of the MCU heroes (So while Wakanda is in, the United States military is not for example) go to battle against all the forces of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's with the same logic for the State Alchemists. Villains for neither faction are allowed unless they subsequently become good or neutral forces (so Greed is okay for Fullmetal Alchemist and Quicksilver is okay for MCU). Combatants are to be in optimum battle condition (no blind Roy, no dead Quicksilver).
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist vs Marvel Cinematic Earth

Postby Lowk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

SHIELD and kind of has Anti-air capabilities as well as aerial support and transport that can cloak. Basically, they could strike anywhere in less time than it would take FA's side to muster up reinforcements via train, or even know they are about to be attacked.
Then there's the mages Portal capabilities. The time stone.
Add on to that orbital recon capabilities via satellites. They know where all their shit is before FA even begin to figure out MC earth capabilities.

The only real danger is Father. But the Mages would be able to bfr his ass to another dimension. Everyone else gets riddled or exploded by a much better armed force likely sporting bulletproof vest, air support, and aided by the superheroes to help deal with the alchemist.
Also Wakanda. Even though I've heard they haven't adapted to the times well besides a few gimmicks.
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Postby guardianangel1911 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:47 pm

They have stealth aircraft too though so, more air support. And Vibranium toys will be problematic due to being a material of unknown makeup meaning Alchemists would be less effective against the gear with it than they normally would.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Well, that's my bad so let me specify- all the forces for both sides meet up in a single massive city large enough to house everyone.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby AOTUA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Lack of any air combatants (that I can remember) is a huge disadvantage.

In a ground battle, FMA stands a better chance. I mean, every alchemist is perfectly capable of drastically changing the battlefield with little trouble. Kimblee can make shit blow up from... some distance away without touching it. he might also be the best bet for getting around Vibranium because, according to the manga IIRC, Kimblee just creates unstable energy which then blows up, and since he doesn't need to touch whatever he intends to blow up, he might be able to blow it up without knowing what it is... maybe. I dunno, just trying to help out FMA, poor guys seem to get the short end of the stick pretty often, ha.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:39 pm

AOTUA wrote:Lack of any air combatants (that I can remember) is a huge disadvantage.

In a ground battle, FMA stands a better chance. I mean, every alchemist is perfectly capable of drastically changing the battlefield with little trouble. Kimblee can make shit blow up from... some distance away without touching it. he might also be the best bet for getting around Vibranium because, according to the manga IIRC, Kimblee just creates unstable energy which then blows up, and since he doesn't need to touch whatever he intends to blow up, he might be able to blow it up without knowing what it is... maybe. I dunno, just trying to help out FMA, poor guys seem to get the short end of the stick pretty often, ha.

To be fair, usually the MCU gets that same end of the same stick. I think Fullmetal Alchemist has a chance still- the air superiority isn't everything and those ships currently have been destroyed by everything that hits them. The vibranium is apparently not equal for all projects.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby AOTUA » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm getting into FMA again, so I'll probably be posting some feats here - at least the cooler ones.

But, there are a few I've watched recently (and found quick enough.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEKlQpcM-_k
King Bradley actually gives us a great show of how quick he is, @ :20 he rushes a tank, deflects bullets from the tank's secondary weapon, then cuts a tank shell in half. The wiki mentions a German Vk 30.01 H, but... I don't know if that tank exists? The first one link Google brings up is from World Of Tanks, and the second link is to VK 30.01 (P), which was a German prototype medium tank. Dunno. But the weapons of that prototype tank exist, so I'mma use that since I did all that clicking. It primary weapon is 7.5cm KwK L/24, muzzle velocity 990 m/s, and its secondary is MG-34, muzzle velocity 765 m/s.
@ 1:20 Bradley cuts through tank treads. That has to be... something?
@ 2:25 He also manages to destroy Captain Buccaneer's "Crocodile" (made outta carbon fiber) in one swipe
@ 4:30 It actually shows him moving around bullets. Not aim dodging.

Ling, or Greed at the time controlling Ling's body? Is able to fight Bradley pretty evenly, can't land any hits but blocks most of Bradley's. Old Man Fu is just as quick too. @7:25, it even shows them both reacting to Bradley, @8:15 Ling, in control of his body now, is faster than Bradley.

So, at least three people (Ling, Fu, and Greed) are either as fast, or slightly faster, than a bullet timer, yeah?
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:45 pm

AOTUA wrote:I'm getting into FMA again, so I'll probably be posting some feats here - at least the cooler ones.

But, there are a few I've watched recently (and found quick enough.)

We never did see those MCU tank-killing spears did we? For the most part I think the difficulty is taking down the flying units- FMA needs either alchemists or ninjas for those. Alchemists like Roy/Ed to shoot them down or the ninja to sneak aboard to break something
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 am

So anyone saw Infinity Wars yet?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Mon May 21, 2018 12:35 pm

wingedlion wrote:So anyone saw Infinity Wars yet?

Yeah, the giant energy shield of, "You shall not pass" makes this even worse against FMA.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Next

Return to Factpile Debates