FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Hunt for Darth Vader

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

The Hunt for Darth Vader

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:49 am

Suggester: Alpha or Omega
Characters: Commander Shepard (Mass Effect), Samus Aran (Metroid), Zeratul (StarCraft), Marneus Augustus Calgar (Warhammer 40,000), Darth Vader (Star Wars)

Description:
Many people heard of the atrocities that Darth Vader committed and Darth Vader's intentions. A few are sent to terminate Vader. They each arrive on board the Death Star for different reasons and agenda.
Darth Vader has heard that several unidentified space craft had landed on the Death Star.

The Winner is the hunter who kills Darth Vader or if Darth Vader survives.
The hunters can face each other.
Commander Shepherd is a combination of all classes, has all weapons and powers.
Sam Gideon gets all weapons, all the upgrades, and max. ammo.
Samus Aran is from Metroid: Samus Returns.
Zeratul has all his weapons.
Marneus Calgar has all his equipment.
Darth Vader is his legends and canon combined.
The Imperial Army is on board.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: The Hunt for Darth Vader

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 am

Whoops, trigger-happy, I haven't had these ready before midnight in a long time; normally I'm only just getting home.

I realize we did something similar recently but Alpha did include plenty of images plus his scenario was more thought-out than mine. Not to mention this one has lesser-used characters so it should be more fun.
That said, I'm betting on Composite Shepard initially.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:02 am

Shoot, I forgot to remove Sam Gideon from the stipulation.

Anyway, it's assumed that the force flows through everyone here.

I know I just debated for Samus in the other Vader thread and how she was a hard counter to Vader, but this is a hunting match.
I'm much more inclined to vote for someone like Zeratul since he can teleport around in here.
Happy New Years
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Kitten Lord » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:02 am

Zeratal was actually countered pretty hard by Kerrigans TK though, so I suspect Vader would do the same to him if he gets to him before the rest. Shepherd has good variety, not sure if any of them will survive too much force shenanigans to their bodies. Calgar is probably going to be a tough cooky to put down, regualr marines are and Calgar is a chapter master if I recall.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Lowk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Anyone with anything like TK, like Shepard, or the right weapon could counter/disrupt Vader's signature move.
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.co ... ader-2.png
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.co ... ader-3.png
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Shepard could disable or overload Vader's suit, unknowingly making Vader to use the force to support himself. Honestly, Vader vs Shepard sounds pretty good.

Vader should probably avoid Samus if possible in order to survive.

A Space Marine vs Vader sounds like a who can shoot first situation.
Happy New Years
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Kitten Lord wrote:Zeratal was actually countered pretty hard by Kerrigans TK though, so I suspect Vader would do the same to him if he gets to him before the rest. Shepherd has good variety, not sure if any of them will survive too much force shenanigans to their bodies. Calgar is probably going to be a tough cooky to put down, regualr marines are and Calgar is a chapter master if I recall.

It's odd- if they're susceptible to the Force then that means the Force is basically in them already so I don't know if shields even work. It's not like Vader physically sends something from himself to choke you- his will just causes the Force in that area to act AFAIK. If the Force is with you- you're carrying your own weakness around with every breath you take.
The only thing I remember blocking the Force outside of the aliens that weren't IN it (which OP indicates isn't the case) is the weird lizard-things that just make blanket areas of, "No Force here".

Lowk wrote:Anyone with anything like TK, like Shepard, or the right weapon could counter/disrupt Vader's signature move.
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.co ... ader-2.png
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.co ... ader-3.png

Or pretty much any weapon really. Force Choke is ludicrously inefficient when you think about it. Anyone and their mother can, in theory, bring up their arm and fire away.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Alpha or Omega » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:It's odd- if they're susceptible to the Force then that means the Force is basically in them already so I don't know if shields even work. It's not like Vader physically sends something from himself to choke you- his will just causes the Force in that area to act AFAIK. If the Force is with you- you're carrying your own weakness around with every breath you take.
The only thing I remember blocking the Force outside of the aliens that weren't IN it (which OP indicates isn't the case) is the weird lizard-things that just make blanket areas of, "No Force here".

On the other hand, more of the force allows you to have more power of the force. It's seen on Mortis where Anakin couldn't use the force on the Son and Daughter until he tapped into Mortis which was a place that channeled the force into the universe. It could be argued that people who are resistant to something similar to the force have less of it or have something that could manipulate it to protect them from other attacks.
There's also the fact that most force moves, if not all, have to travel. It travels pretty fast though, I'll say that.

In defense of Samus, Samus' suit should block the force from even being there, and the Covern attack by appearing in our reality. So, it would be more accurate to say the force flows around Samus than within her.
The other part is that Samus' morph ball pretty much makes sure that she has no physical form.

Friendlysociopath wrote:Or pretty much any weapon really. Force Choke is ludicrously inefficient when you think about it. Anyone and their mother can, in theory, bring up their arm and fire away.

In Legends, this is somewhat how Boba Fett escaped Vader. Fett's neck was being choked, but he kicked a chest, that would've allowed Vader to see the future, into lava. Vader then promptly dropped Fett to focus on lifting the chest before it fell into lava.

Boba Fett could've actually killed Darth Vader right there, but he decided to leave.
Happy New Years
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Mea quidem sententia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Phase drift has this design that appears against Samus. The entire place is covered by the purple hue in 1 frame.
Mea quidem sententia
Ready For Action

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:25 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:It's odd- if they're susceptible to the Force then that means the Force is basically in them already so I don't know if shields even work. It's not like Vader physically sends something from himself to choke you- his will just causes the Force in that area to act AFAIK. If the Force is with you- you're carrying your own weakness around with every breath you take.

On the other hand, more of the force allows you to have more power of the force. It's seen on Mortis where Anakin couldn't use the force on the Son and Daughter until he tapped into Mortis which was a place that channeled the force into the universe. It could be argued that people who are resistant to something similar to the force have less of it or have something that could manipulate it to protect them from other attacks.
There's also the fact that most force moves, if not all, have to travel. It travels pretty fast though, I'll say that.

It would have to given that Vader apparently can choke out a person who's not even on the surface of a planet in real-time while chatting with them. Either it's really fast or distance doesn't matter for the Force. The latter seems a bit more likely as the characters typically refer to themselves as conduits for the Force.

Alpha or Omega wrote:In defense of Samus, Samus' suit should block the force from even being there, and the Covern attack by appearing in our reality. So, it would be more accurate to say the force flows around Samus than within her.
The other part is that Samus' morph ball pretty much makes sure that she has no physical form.

While the latter is true, the former makes no sense. The Force IS reality- not outside of it. Nor does it simply appear somewhere but it IS everywhere.

Alpha or Omega wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:Or pretty much any weapon really. Force Choke is ludicrously inefficient when you think about it. Anyone and their mother can, in theory, bring up their arm and fire away.

In Legends, this is somewhat how Boba Fett escaped Vader. Fett's neck was being choked, but he kicked a chest, that would've allowed Vader to see the future, into lava. Vader then promptly dropped Fett to focus on lifting the chest before it fell into lava.

Boba Fett could've actually killed Darth Vader right there, but he decided to leave.

Well, he could've tried, I rather doubt he'd pull off killing Vader given Vader can facetank blasts from the camel-things in the new EU.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Next

Return to Factpile Debates