FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Hunt the...Shirou?

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Hunt the...Shirou?

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
CH1C4N0444 wrote:Also wanna point out, Asta is only really good against magic and even then he has to be able to react to them, like against Licht he needed Yami to step in and save him. Also, he's not immune to magic, The Magic Emperor was able to freeze him in time, Zora was able to trap him in his Ash magic, he can still be teleported forcibly, etc. (So TK His best DC feats are against magic that specifically shatter because they're magic, not because he's strong enough.

I've specifically seen a scene where he blocks teleporting just by having his sword in the area, so I'm curious how he was forcefully teleported.
I have no idea what you're talking about then, Asta's sword specifically only works if it's able to cut the magic. Half the time enemies fly in order to avoid getting within melee range of him. If it had an AoE then nobody would be able to use magic if they were too close, which isn't the case. He has cut teleportation portals, but he's never actually removed any magic just by being in the area. Fuego Leon, for example was forcibly BFR'd (he says he could resist, but I doubt it since other Captains were forcibly BFR'd) and Asta just kinda is forced to let it happen, the teleportation mage teleports away to get away from Asta and Asta couldn't stop it, the only teleportation he's blocked was when the Necromancer was being teleported and Asta has to throw his sword to cut the magic.

http://www.mangapanda.com/black-clover/33/9

The thing I was thinking of wasn't actually him being forcibly BFR'd..I don't know how looking back at it either....That being said, all the other examples of magic working against him are still valid. He still can't block magic just by being around.

Also, realized I didn't finish typing this, but TK should work against Asta. If he can't cut it then he can't fight against it. One character controlled him via blood and he needed another character who could control the threads of fate of other people and had to keep changing Asta's fate until she found one where his fate was to break free from the blood magic.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Oh, that must be what I saw then. Respect threads (and random people you ask on the internet) form an inherent bias in that once they describe a feat- you're more likely to see it that way instead of trying other options.

I saw the same image- I was told his sword could stop all teporting like that. However what you said makes sense- he busted the circle.

Also I take it back- I take it all back- hell yes it's Naruto over One Piece damn-and-a-half it's literally Naruto and Sasuke as medieval wizards instead of ninja.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Kitten Lord » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:02 pm

He's listed as town-level on vsbattles and possibly FTL

Pinch of salt.....big pinch, Kratos is multi continental and massively hypersonic+ on there.

Course the series hes from may have high popularity or those who edit the wiki (often Admins) are fans.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Kitten Lord wrote:
He's listed as town-level on vsbattles and possibly FTL

Pinch of salt.....big pinch, Kratos is multi continental and massively hypersonic+ on there.

Course the series hes from may have high popularity or those who edit the wiki (often Admins) are fans.

I took a big pinch. They have different rules for proof on account of needing easy access for the millions of hits they get per day. That's one reason they get bigger numbers.

It's not popular AFAIK, if it was his page would have far more information on it. I've started watching the anime at least to see what occurs- if something neat pops up I'll check the manga.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm

@Scrub The FTL stuff comes from either A. Asta fighting Gauche. A mage who uses mirror magic and was sending some sort of magical blast through it during a gag scene (so, VERY questionable). B. Asta having to briefly fight Licht who uses light magic and even then I don't think he actually was able to counter his light magic, Yami did and Yami did it using ki sense. So, still questionable since he can't scale to Yami, Yami needed to use some extra sensory method to even be able to react, and magical light may not actually be light speed since during the fight Yami mentions his attacks get faster as they keep fighting.

@Friebdly The anime has been really painful to watch, for me anyways.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Not pushing for light speed myself but according to the blog on the subject of speed- they claimed his magic is the mirrors and it specifically focuses the light around them- his magic is not the light itself. Apparently said light also refracts when hitting liquid so it seems to function like light.

If lightning is produced by magic but still powers machinery and moves through metal- it's displaying the properties of lightning.

Dunno if you can use the, "gag" card though- I've only seen the first episode but they seem pretty liberal with using jokes for real.

The second guy I have no idea. The blog mentions his power is light and he blinds people. Also that some translations actually cite lightspeed.
Nobody could find 'raw' versions to check and the thread was closed.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Kitten Lord » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 pm

I have little interest in the characters in question but I would question against the speed of light, and ask if its consistent across all showings of the character? As in, that is a top end barrier, so is the character generally so fast all non "light speed" objects and beings are effectively frozen. Doesnt causality mess up at light speed anyway? To the point where any deduction for fighting at that speed would be implausible and likely impossible even if the speed itself were.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Polloloko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Friendly, do you hate Shirou or something? by doing this match?

Anyway, Asta's FTL is a big pinch as everyone said, the light ability looked like Haku's mirrors ability in Naruto which he moves through the mirrors obtaining lightspeed.

I think Asta is Supersonic in combat speed, not FTL cuz he disnt scale to Yamy.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Polloloko wrote:Friendly, do you hate Shirou or something? by doing this match?

Nah, it's just been a while since we had a hunting match, which technically becomes a team-battle and a series of 1v1s in the same battle, and I have Fate/stay on the brain on account of Saber vs Agrias (still wonder why the Fate/Zero Saber sprite has a visible sword) and them being possible combatants for the color-code match.
I didn't want to deal with the "Servants can only be hurt by magical energy" thing- luckily, I know of a Fate/stay character that isn't a Servant.

Also I saw Asta and thought he'd be a neat opponent for Shirou- the magus who copies weapons against the guy whose weapons negate magic. But as above- I wanted a hunt match.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Nah, it's just been a while since we had a hunting match, which technically becomes a team-battle and a series of 1v1s in the same battle, and I have Fate/stay on the brain on account of Saber vs Agrias (still wonder why the Fate/Zero Saber sprite has a visible sword) and them being possible combatants for the color-code match.
I didn't want to deal with the "Servants can only be hurt by magical energy" thing- luckily, I know of a Fate/stay character that isn't a Servant.

Also I saw Asta and thought he'd be a neat opponent for Shirou- the magus who copies weapons against the guy whose weapons negate magic. But as above- I wanted a hunt match.

Ah ok, can we all agree that Asta isnt FTL in reactions and movements? cuz he disnt scale to Yami and the light speed mirror attacks are like Haku's ice mirror ability in Naruto ( Which some Narutards think that Naruto characters are FTL due it -_- ).
Polloloko
Misery Machine

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates