FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Hunt the...Shirou?

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Hunt the...Shirou?

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:48 am

Suggester: Friendlysociopath
Characters:
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII), Genos (One Punch Man), Samus (Metroid), Chosen Undead (Dark Souls), Asta (Black Clover), Dante (Devil May Cry)

Description:
This time around- something different is on the menu. Not Batman, not Link, not even Kratos or Master Chief, - but the magus-in-training known as Shirou Emiya. The plan is simple- get the boy's (intact!) head and return it to the starting area. The body being attached is allowed but not recommended as it will slow them down. Should Shirou manage to fight off at least 3 of his combatants, he is instead the winner.
No time manipulation for anyone.
Sephiroth is Advent Children incarnation and will act like it.
Samus is the incarnation of the new game.
Dante is DMC4 Dante.
Battle takes place in an abandoned city. Shirou is composited of all 3 routes' worth of feats (while he has Archer's arm and associated powers- that does not include Archer in the composite itself).
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: Hunt the...Shirou?

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 am

Oh right, the area.

Battle is in Fuyuki City.
Shirou starts at his house and knows people are after him and that the city is deserted. Should he wish, he can relocate to another location before the hunters spawn, he cannot summon a Servant to assist him.
Everyone starts a kilometer away from Shirou's starting location.
Area Shirou's head must be delivered to is the Ryuudou Temple.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm

So for those curious what Asta does (been meaning to get into Black Clover) he basically is a person with zero magical potential in a world where everyone has magical potential (sound like a certain magus?) and so he can use certain weapons nobody else can/would.

The two magical weapons, the Demon-Slayer Sword and Demon-Dweller Sword, essentially eat magic- nobody else can use them or else their magical energy and eventually the ability to perform magic at all would be taken.
Essentially one blade blocks and deflects magic while the other absorbs and reflects it. Both cut through magic- magical barriers can be cut through with ease and he can even prevent teleporting if he's near the location.

Unfortunately his speed is a bit hard to figure out at the moment, his manga is relatively new and the translation teams have been changing words.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I feel like Asta is really out of place here. He has decent physical attributes in his universe, but nothing compared to the crew he's competing against. Everyone should be able to out speed him, out muscle him, and out hax him.

Asta might be able to compete in his Black Form, but that's doubtful since he only uses it for certain attacks and runs out pretty quickly.

@Friendly Imagine if Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Bleach had a baby. Naruto has to join the 13 Court Guards so he can become Hokage. On his way he joins the Fairy Tail Guild and has to learn how to deal with his potentially Demon possessed Zanpakto.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:42 pm

CH1C4N0444 wrote:I feel like Asta is really out of place here. He has decent physical attributes in his universe, but nothing compared to the crew he's competing against. Everyone should be able to out speed him, out muscle him, and out hax him.

He's listed as town-level on vsbattles and possibly FTL in terms of reactions at least by reacting to magic that focuses light through mirrors to attack. I'll be checking manually- the links they have keep triggering my antivirus and they only list the highest feats if they meet their criteria. For example, it doesn't matter if a character has a supersonic feat if they also have hypersonic feats- a lot of the time they're just not list the supersonic stuff.

There's not all that much hax for the hunters though.
Sephiroth and Genos are basically firepower only, with the time manipulation ban Dante's lost his main hax and Samus can't too freely blast around or else she might hit Shirou.
Only hax I can think of are:
Sephiroth's TK - probably not gonna work on him cause swords
Sephiroth's energy form - probably gonna be screwed if Asta cuts him
Dante's doppelganger - which is presumably dispelled once Asta touches it
Dante's regen - similar to Sephiroth- may be messed up if Asta cuts him.
AFAIK Asta's swords drain magical energy- the thing that keeps both Dante and Sephiroth going.

Huh, a respect thread said he can read 'ki' to find invisible and intangible opponents- that sounds useful- it's not listed on vsbattles.

CH1C4N0444 wrote:Asta might be able to compete in his Black Form, but that's doubtful since he only uses it for certain attacks and runs out pretty quickly.

@Friendly Imagine if Naruto, Fairy Tail, and Bleach had a baby. Naruto has to join the 13 Court Guards so he can become Hokage. On his way he joins the Fairy Tail Guild and has to learn how to deal with his potentially Demon possessed Zanpakto.

Yeaaaaah I was getting that sort of vibe. One Piece instead of Naruto mind you but otherwise it did seem like that based on the synopsis.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:He's listed as town-level on vsbattles and possibly FTL in terms of reactions at least by reacting to magic that focuses light through mirrors to attack. I'll be checking manually- the links they have keep triggering my antivirus.

There's not all that much hax for the hunters though.
Sephiroth and Genos are basically firepower only, with the time manipulation ban Dante's lost his main hax and Samus can't too freely blast around or else she might hit Shirou.
Only hax I can think of are:
Sephiroth's TK - probably not gonna work on him cause swords
Dante's doppelganger - which is presumably dispelled once Asta touches it
Dante's regen - which may or may not be dispelled were Asta to cut him

Yeaaaaah I was getting that sort of vibe. One Piece instead of Naruto mind you but otherwise it did seem like that based on the synopsis.

I don't know where they're getting town level from, so far the greatest feats come from characters that are specifically above everyone including the captains and their best feats are destroying portions of a forrest, that held a small witch village inside of it. The only light speed attacks I can think of are Licht's attacks, whose specifically uses light magic. And the only way anybody was even able to react to it was through using ki to sense his attacks, and it was done by Yami, so somebody so far above Asta he can't be compared (Yami fought against a guy whose magic allowed him to cut a mountain in half, off screen, through hax).

I feel like Naruto is more fitting since both are outcasts, Naruto had trouble controlling his powers where as Asta has none. Asta might be an Elf where Naruto is the reincarnation of an alien, and Naruto has a Demon inside of him and Asta might be a Demon too. The 5 Leaf Clover Grimiore is specifically mentioned to have a Demon inside of it it now that I think about it, or at least has demonic ties associated with it.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

CH1C4N0444 wrote:I feel like Naruto is more fitting since both are outcasts, Naruto had trouble controlling his powers where as Asta has none. Asta might be an Elf where Naruto is the reincarnation of an alien, and Naruto has a Demon inside of him and Asta might be a Demon too. The 5 Leaf Clover Grimiore is specifically mentioned to have a Demon inside of it it now that I think about it, or at least has demonic ties associated with it.

Beg pardon?

Also the One Piece was based on how silly the series sounded- in comparison to Naruto basically being a "serious business" trip from start to finish.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:17 pm

@Friendly Kaguya IIRC was from another world or another dimension. She gives birth to two sons, Hagamoro and he has two sons, Indra and Ashura. Sasuke is the reincarnation of Indra and Naruto is the reincarnation of Ashura. Madera and Hashirama were the previous incarnations.

Ok, yea OP thus far has been pretty silly. Definitely my least favorite of the HST so far.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby CH1C4N0444 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Also wanna point out, Asta is only really good against magic and even then he has to be able to react to them, like against Licht he needed Yami to step in and save him. Also, he's not immune to magic, The Magic Emperor was able to freeze him in time, Zora was able to trap him in his Ash magic, he can still be teleported forcibly, etc. (So TK His best DC feats are against magic that specifically shatter because they're magic, not because he's strong enough.
CH1C4N0444
I Am the Highway

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:20 pm

CH1C4N0444 wrote:Also wanna point out, Asta is only really good against magic and even then he has to be able to react to them, like against Licht he needed Yami to step in and save him. Also, he's not immune to magic, The Magic Emperor was able to freeze him in time, Zora was able to trap him in his Ash magic, he can still be teleported forcibly, etc. (So TK His best DC feats are against magic that specifically shatter because they're magic, not because he's strong enough.

I've specifically seen a scene where he blocks teleporting just by having his sword in the area, so I'm curious how he was forcefully teleported.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Next

Return to Factpile Debates