FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Zamasu vs Aizen

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Zamasu vs Aizen

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:05 am

AOTUA wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:Stupid question but- does being stabbed by a Soul Reaper sword mess with your soul?

Dunno who told Polloloko it wouldn't, but yes Zanpakuto's cut souls. Zanpakuto means "soul-cutter". Maybe we could go the good ol' "ignores conventional durability" route, eh?

Spoiler

Soul Reapers are perfectly solid in the living world. I see no reason a Zanpakuto wouldn't be.
Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt. - Mazrim Taim
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:Stupid question but- does being stabbed by a Soul Reaper sword mess with your soul?

Dunno who told Polloloko it wouldn't, but yes Zanpakuto's cut souls. Zanpakuto means "soul-cutter". Maybe we could go the good ol' "ignores conventional durability" route, eh?

Spoiler

Soul Reapers are perfectly solid in the living world. I see no reason a Zanpakuto wouldn't be.

It would still cut your soul even if you blocked it. In that regard, it's still ignoring conventional durability.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:29 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:Dunno who told Polloloko it wouldn't, but yes Zanpakuto's cut souls. Zanpakuto means "soul-cutter". Maybe we could go the good ol' "ignores conventional durability" route, eh?

Spoiler

It would still cut your soul even if you blocked it. In that regard, it's still ignoring conventional durability.

No. No it wouldn't. You see, a Soul Reapers body is their soul. So please, prove you wanky BS that they get cut even when they manage to fully block an attack.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:No. No it wouldn't. You see, a Soul Reapers body is their soul. So please, prove you wanky BS that they get cut even when they manage to fully block an attack.

Right. Shinigami block it because their soul can block it. They have spiritual and physical defense. If you can't defend your soul, it doesn't matter how dense your skin is, 'cause the soul cutter cuts the soul. How is that wank?
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:04 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:No. No it wouldn't. You see, a Soul Reapers body is their soul. So please, prove you wanky BS that they get cut even when they manage to fully block an attack.

Right. Shinigami block it because their soul can block it. They have spiritual and physical defense. If you can't defend your soul, it doesn't matter how dense your skin is, 'cause the soul cutter cuts the soul. How is that wank?

Because you're literally just making it up to wank off to.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:

Bleach straight up says if Person A has more spiritual power/pressure than Person B then Person B can't cut Person A [ https://youtu.be/1WLpA-Fy3vY?t=8m31s & https://youtu.be/5tP8_onP0Js?t=3m17s ], it has nothing to do with how durable Person A is.
Bleach also straight up says the way to defend against attacks in Bleach is by condensing one's spiritual power, the Arrancar's Hierro for example [ http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/195/3 ]
Spiritual defense defends against the Zanpakuto (and all abilities in Bleach). Every defense in Bleach is the result of one condensing their Reiatsu. So, if Person A has no spiritual power/pressure or can't condense it, they get cut (or can't cut as was the case when Ichigo first fought Kenpachi), because they have no defense against it.
So not wank, literally just what Bleach says.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:Right. Shinigami block it because their soul can block it. They have spiritual and physical defense. If you can't defend your soul, it doesn't matter how dense your skin is, 'cause the soul cutter cuts the soul. How is that wank?

Bleach straight up says if Person A has more spiritual power/pressure than Person B then Person B can't cut Person A [ https://youtu.be/1WLpA-Fy3vY?t=8m31s & https://youtu.be/5tP8_onP0Js?t=3m17s ], it has nothing to do with how durable Person A is.
Bleach also straight up says the way to defend against attacks in Bleach is by condensing one's spiritual power, the Arrancar's Hierro for example [ http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/195/3 ]
Spiritual defense defends against the Zanpakuto (and all abilities in Bleach). Every defense in Bleach is the result of one condensing their Reiatsu. So, if Person A has no spiritual power/pressure or can't condense it, they get cut (or can't cut as was the case when Ichigo first fought Kenpachi), because they have no defense against it.
So not wank, literally just what Bleach says.

That has nothing to do with your claim that an attack from Zanpakuto would just keep right on going spiritually if blocked physically.

A Soul Reapers body is spiritually dense enough to be physically solid. Simple logic says that any spiritual attack that can actually hurt them would thus have to also be dense enough to be physically solid.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:That has nothing to do with your claim that an attack from Zanpakuto would just keep right on going spiritually if blocked physically.

A Soul Reapers body is spiritually dense enough to be physically solid. Simple logic says that any spiritual attack that can actually hurt them would thus have to also be dense enough to be physically solid.

I didn't claim it would just keep right on going. I said it would cut the soul, thus "ignoring conventional durability". It doesn't matter how thick your skin is, your soul is getting cut. that's what I said.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:That has nothing to do with your claim that an attack from Zanpakuto would just keep right on going spiritually if blocked physically.

I didn't claim it would just keep right on going. I said it would cut the soul, thus "ignoring conventional durability". It doesn't matter how thick your skin is, your soul is getting cut. that's what I said.

And as I actually posted evidence for, that isn't how it works. They and their attacks are perfectly solid in the living word. Just invisible and silent.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:

And as I actually posted evidence for, that isn't how it works. They and their attacks are perfectly solid in the living word. Just invisible and silent.

You've not posted anything that even hints at what I said being wrong. I'm not disagreeing that they are solid, I don't know why you keep bringing that up. I even said they can be blocked, they can be stopped, but its hurting the soul of the thing stopping it (unless they have spiritual defense.)

I've never said they were intangible. You're literally making things up to keep your rage-boner strong.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates