FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Zamasu vs Aizen

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Zamasu vs Aizen

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:50 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:I didn't claim it would just keep right on going. I said it would cut the soul, thus "ignoring conventional durability". It doesn't matter how thick your skin is, your soul is getting cut. that's what I said.

And as I actually posted evidence for, that isn't how it works. They and their attacks are perfectly solid in the living word. Just invisible and silent.

You've not posted anything that even hints at what I said being wrong. I'm not disagreeing that they are solid, I don't know why you keep bringing that up. I even said they can be blocked, they can be stopped, but its hurting the soul of the thing stopping it (unless they have spiritual defense.)

I've never said they were intangible. You're literally making things up to keep your rage-boner strong.

I posted that spiritually dense=physically solid. Hell, you then posted that the way to get past greater spiritual pressure, you know, density, is to have even greater spiritual pressure.

All that you've done otherwise is baselessly claim that "oh no, just because they stopped an attack cold in it's tracks, it still like totally hurt their soul... Somehow". -_-

That perfectly physical attack that they stopped? That's all there was to it's "spiritual attack".

The thing your not getting, is that a Soul Reapers body is their soul. Their body is physically solid. Therefor anything strong enough to hurt their body is thus "cutting their soul" by Bleach metaphysics. The only way in which a Zanpakuto stands out is that it purifies souls it "kills".
Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt. - Mazrim Taim
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:I posted that spiritually dense=physically solid. Hell, you then posted that the way to get past greater spiritual pressure, you know, density, is to have even greater spiritual pressure.

I'll say it again, I've never said it was intangible. Spiritual "density", if that's what you're calling it, isn't the same thing as physical density. You need spiritual "density" to not get cut by a Shinigami. Because they attack the soul. Because they are souls. Having thick skin doesn't protect your soul. Being able to tank a sun blowing up doesn't protect your soul.

All that you've done otherwise is baselessly claim that "oh no, just because they stopped an attack cold in it's tracks, it still like totally hurt their soul... Somehow". -_-

I don't even know where you pulled this, probably form your ass like the above. The closest thing I've actually claimed to this was that they can block their soul from soul attacks, and that any being incapable of blocking the soul attack would still hurt even if they could block the physical attack. Because there's nothing defending the soul, which is what Shinigami are actually cutting.

That perfectly physical attack that they stopped? That's all there was to it's "spiritual attack".

You mean besides all the spiritual energy and pressure that went into the attack? You do realize, at this point, they are spirits, yes? Besides all the spiritual attributes of the attack, sure, it was just physical. Too bad there actually is spiritual power and pressure packed into the attack. Stop with the rage-boner, man. You're literally ignoring Bleach lore at this point.

The thing your not getting, is that a Soul Reapers body is their soul. Their body is physically solid. Therefor anything strong enough to hurt their body is thus "cutting their soul" by Bleach metaphysics. The only way in which a Zanpakuto stands out is that it purifies souls it "kills".

The thing you're not getting is that their body is their soul. Something has to be strong enough to cut their soul in order to harm them. You have it completely ass backwards.

I'm about done with this, it's obvious you're not getting it. Aizen is an immortal who can regenerate from getting cut in half or from nothing, considering the side we see of FTG is completely wiped away, only makes since that the other side would have been completely wiped away too, but at least half. Doubtful he can even be killed.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:25 pm

AOTUA wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:I posted that spiritually dense=physically solid. Hell, you then posted that the way to get past greater spiritual pressure, you know, density, is to have even greater spiritual pressure.

I'll say it again, I've never said it was intangible. Spiritual "density", if that's what you're calling it, isn't the same thing as physical density. You need spiritual "density" to not get cut by a Shinigami. Because they attack the soul. Because they are souls. Having thick skin doesn't protect your soul. Being able to tank a sun blowing up doesn't protect your soul.

I don't even know where you pulled this, probably form your ass like the above. The closest thing I've actually claimed to this was that they can block their soul from soul attacks, and that any being incapable of blocking the soul attack would still hurt even if they could block the physical attack. Because there's nothing defending the soul, which is what Shinigami are actually cutting.

You mean besides all the spiritual energy and pressure that went into the attack? You do realize, at this point, they are spirits, yes? Besides all the spiritual attributes of the attack, sure, it was just physical. Too bad there actually is spiritual power and pressure packed into the attack. Stop with the rage-boner, man. You're literally ignoring Bleach lore at this point.

The thing you're not getting is that their body is their soul. Something has to be strong enough to cut their soul in order to harm them. You have it completely ass backwards.

I'm about done with this, it's obvious you're not getting it. Aizen is an immortal who can regenerate from getting cut in half or from nothing, considering the side we see of FTG is completely wiped away, only makes since that the other side would have been completely wiped away too, but at least half. Doubtful he can even be killed.

No, they don't need to be spiritually strong enough to cut their souls. Because their souls are physically solid.

Your wanking so hard you can't even read.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:No, they don't need to be spiritually strong enough to cut their souls. Because their souls are physically solid.

Your wanking so hard you can't even read.
Your rage-boner is blocking your intellect. Based wholly on the fact that you're so ready to ignore Bleach lore in favor of your rage-boner "logic".

We know you need to be spiritual strong enough to cut their souls in order to harm them. We know this.

It's the reason Kenpachi wasn't cut. He flat out states it. [ http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/105/7 ] "When two spiritual beings collide, the side with the weaker spiritual pressure will get hurt. In other words, compared to your sword that is highly concentrated for the purpose of killing the spiritual pressure I subconsciously release is much, much stronger."

It's so weird how Bleach constantly hammers home the fact that weaker spiritual beings can't harm stronger spiritual beings if all it takes is physical might.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Polloloko » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Looks like AOTUA is acting this way due the Naruto vs Ichigo Death Battle, I actually enjoy it, Also like Shgon -Dunstan said, AOTUA is wanking ( He is Full of Crap -_- ), he allways have with Bleach characters in this site.

Anyway, Ignoring all that little war betwen AOTUA and Dunstan, who will win this match up? Both characters hate humanity and one of them is a Kai ( A god) & the other is a Shinigami ( Death God).
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby AOTUA » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Polloloko wrote:Looks like AOTUA is acting this way due the Naruto vs Ichigo Death Battle, I actually enjoy it, Also like Shgon -Dunstan said, AOTUA is wanking ( He is Full of Crap -_- ), he allways have with Bleach characters in this site.

Wait, have I always wanked Bleach or am I doing it because of the DB? Those can't both be true. And I'm not wanking, Dunstan just doesn't know Bleach as well as he thinks he does. Show me where I've wanked. I'll wait.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 am

AOTUA wrote:
Polloloko wrote:Looks like AOTUA is acting this way due the Naruto vs Ichigo Death Battle, I actually enjoy it, Also like Shgon -Dunstan said, AOTUA is wanking ( He is Full of Crap -_- ), he allways have with Bleach characters in this site.

Wait, have I always wanked Bleach or am I doing it because of the DB? Those can't both be true. And I'm not wanking, Dunstan just doesn't know Bleach as well as he thinks he does. Show me where I've wanked. I'll wait.

Your literally trying to turn spiritual pressure into a NLF despite of me already posting where the manga itself said that they were perfectly solid. Your then trying to say that this, somehow, allows them to just "effect" souls regardless of whether or not the quite physical attack, which is itself the spiritual element of said attack, is blocked or not.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 am

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:

Your literally trying to turn spiritual pressure into a NLF despite of me already posting where the manga itself said that they were perfectly solid. Your then trying to say that this, somehow, allows them to just "effect" souls regardless of whether or not the quite physical attack, which is itself the spiritual element of said attack, is blocked or not.

Not really a NLF, his argument (whether valid or not) is that they damage souls and the only way to counter them is to have enough spiritual pressure to withstand the enemy spiritual pressure.
In that regard it's much like any other soul-ability where if you don't have a way of blocking it- you generally are screwed.

Whether it works like that I can hardly say. I recall Ichigo's sword getting stuck in a wall when he met the MWAHAHA guy so Shgon isn't wrong- it's a physical thing.
However, AOTUA never insisted that wasn't true, only that they attack with spiritual pressure and you need the same to survive being struck.
The follow-up was that Shgon pointed out spiritual pressure could be physical as well- which is also supported.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:25 am

Friendlysociopath wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
AOTUA wrote:Wait, have I always wanked Bleach or am I doing it because of the DB? Those can't both be true. And I'm not wanking, Dunstan just doesn't know Bleach as well as he thinks he does. Show me where I've wanked. I'll wait.

Not really a NLF, his argument (whether valid or not) is that they damage souls and the only way to counter them is to have enough spiritual pressure to withstand the enemy spiritual pressure.
In that regard it's much like any other soul-ability where if you don't have a way of blocking it- you generally are screwed.

Whether it works like that I can hardly say. I recall Ichigo's sword getting stuck in a wall when he met the MWAHAHA guy so Shgon isn't wrong- it's a physical thing.
However, AOTUA never insisted that wasn't true, only that they attack with spiritual pressure and you need the same to survive being struck.
The follow-up was that Shgon pointed out spiritual pressure could be physical as well- which is also supported.

The problem with what AOTUA is saying, is that... Again, they are their souls. There isn't really any "astral component" to this. They already are on the "spiritual plane of existence", and... They're perfectly real world solid within that plane. Spiritual pressure is given off be them, sure. But it is reflected in their very physical forms and attacks, not as some kind of intangible wave that will sweep through Zamasu regardless of whether or not his body stops the attack.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Previous

Return to Factpile Debates