FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Shonen vs Light Novels

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Shonen vs Light Novels

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 am

Polloloko wrote:
If we ban Accelerator, we ban Natsu, just so it's 3v3.

Why dont just ban Accelerator due him bieng, you know....God.

He's not 'god'- he has rules for what he can do and assigned weaknesses as well.
For example it mentions his barrier can be worked around:
The barrier for his redirection is not an absolute defense, as Kihara Amata has demonstrated. Since it only reverses the vectors that are coming towards him, any vector that comes towards his barrier and pulls away at the exact moment before hitting its field will go towards Accelerator.

And that he needs to know what he's working with:
Furthermore, attacks that are built upon laws or vectors unknown to him can penetrate his defense, such as what Kakine Teitoku did with the light passing through his white wings or the attacks that Aiwass made on him that cut him down.

While it's a wiki, all of these bits have citations.

Polloloko wrote:You can change Accelerator for Shana

She can be Natsu's rival in this match.

Oi vey, fine, Shana for Accelerator and Natsu stays in.

Polloloko wrote:
I'm well aware Natsu =\= Accelerator

What that means?

It meant I knew removing Natsu alongside Accelerator wasn't an equal exchange, Accelerator is a major player and Natsu isn't, but I was going to remove them both anyways.
However, fine, Shana is in over Accelerator; I'll edit that in the OP.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 pm

He's not 'god'- he has rules for what he can do and assigned weaknesses as well.

He kinda..no, he actually is "God", true he have his rules but he was eliminating these rules while the series continues, then he is shown to manipulate dimensions and made them crumble and negate reality warping from a Magic God ( Othinus ), all that in base without even trying, then he gets his Black Wings that makes him more NLF broken with Angelic Nature, then he turns into a Angel ( Angel Form ) manipulating the frabric of existence ( Imaginary Vectors ) and is far more NLF broken.

For example it mentions his barrier can be worked around:
The barrier for his redirection is not an absolute defense, as Kihara Amata has demonstrated. Since it only reverses the vectors that are coming towards him, any vector that comes towards his barrier and pulls away at the exact moment before hitting its field will go towards Accelerator.

That was only in the Six Diagram Arc were Accelerator was Nerfed and have only 50% of his powers due his brain injury by using all his power to save Last Order ( His loli ) and live himself wide open for a bullet to heatshot him...he survive with the cash of losing half of his powers and have brain damage, Kihara is the only one who knows about Accelerators weakness ( No one elses )due him helping Accelerator when he was a kid to develop his power, Kihara even mentions in the Six Diagram Arc that he took advantage over Accelerator's weak state and that he wouldnt try it against a fresh well state Accelerator cuz that weakness will not work against him in that state.

PS. In the Six Diagram Arc, Accelerator got his powers back and got his Black Wings for the first time due him caring for Last Order, and kills Kihara easy.

Furthermore, attacks that are built upon laws or vectors unknown to him can penetrate his defense, such as what Kakine Teitoku did with the light passing through his white wings or the attacks that Aiwass made on him that cut him down.

Thats wrong, in Index Novels, Kakine manage to hurt Accelerator ( Who was in base ) due him having the power to manipulate Dark Matter to a NLF way ( He is second below Accelerator in LV5s Ranks ), he also kinda manipulated reality as well making 6 angel wings in his back to fly and attack Accelerator with light beams, Accelerator when he got hurt by the first beam, he understands it instantly and reflected the others, but Kakine wasnt easy ether as he was giving Accelerator a fight and vice versa until Accelerator unleashed his Black Wings....that was Game Over for Kakine who got one of his arms ripped away instantly without Accelerator even moving and being a few meters away ( Accelerator was on the ground while Kakine was on the air ), Accelerator is also stated in the novels to be more inteligent than 100 Super Computers, well all LV5s are.

Exactly, cuz Accelerator is way too much in this match.

It meant I knew removing Natsu alongside Accelerator wasn't an equal exchange, Accelerator is a major player and Natsu isn't, but I was going to remove them both anyways.
However, fine, Shana is in over Accelerator; I'll edit that in the OP.

Nah is ok, I dont blame ya for not knowing Accelerator, I was the same, until I see what he can do & see/read the series XP I was like O.O dam.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Polloloko wrote:

Thats wrong, in Index Novels, Kakine manage to hurt Accelerator ( Who was in base ) due him having the power to manipulate Dark Matter to a NLF way ( He is second below Accelerator in LV5s Ranks ), he also kinda manipulated reality as well making 6 angel wings in his back to fly and attack Accelerator with light beams, Accelerator when he got hurt by the first beam, he understands it instantly and reflected the others, but Kakine wasnt easy ether as he was giving Accelerator a fight and vice versa until Accelerator unleashed his Black Wings....that was Game Over for Kakine who got one of his arms ripped away instantly without Accelerator even moving and being a few meters away ( Accelerator was on the ground while Kakine was on the air ), Accelerator is also stated in the novels to be more inteligent than 100 Super Computers, well all LV5s are.

Not really, it makes a great deal of sense, Accelerator has to know how attacks function in order to know what vectors to change to deal with it. Attacks that do not rely on traditional space for example cannot have space vectors tampered with to change their course. In other words- he needs to know what the attack is and how it functions to deflect it.

Polloloko wrote:

Exactly, cuz Accelerator is way too much in this match.

Disagree but not willing to argue the point farther, hence the swap.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Not really, it makes a great deal of sense, Accelerator has to know how attacks function in order to know what vectors to change to deal with it. Attacks that do not rely on traditional space for example cannot have space vectors tampered with to change their course. In other words- he needs to know what the attack is and how it functions to deflect it.

Not really ( Sorry for repeat it ), but Accelerator have manipulated Vectors from things he didnt even know about, like for example:

He manipulated the Vectors on magic, and it was the first time Accelerator encountered magic

"He held up his right hand, the sole area his reflection was activated on.
The water spear was smashed to pieces.
The water turned to a rainbow of light that flowed diagonally back from his right hand. It acted as a wall of pressure that knocked away 4 of 5 of Vodyanoy‟s comrades.
Accelerator had blocked the attack, but he frowned.
He couldn‟t figure it out.
If his reflection had succeeded, the water spear should have head straight back at Vodyanoy and pierced her arm. Instead, it had gone astray and had disintegrated into a rainbow of light. It had been an odd phenomenon. It hadn‟t been something like steam created from water or ice. Accelerator had caused the reflection but he didn‟t understand the process by which it had turned to light.

To Aru Majutsu no Index Volume 20, pag. 110"

And manipulating the teleportation dimension the first time he got into a battle against a Teleporter ( Awaki )

"When he reflected teleportation powers, a strange phenomenon occurred in the 3 dimensional world, but this had felt entirely different.

Note: It was stated later that Accelerator makes the dimension to crumble.

Also, Accelerator's doesn't need to be aware of an attack to reflect it

"Even though the boy in front of the scope is a living human, when this trigger is pulled, the .50 caliber anti-tank bullets of this gun would rip through the sky at speeds of 1200 km/h [...] All twelve bullets fired should have been absorbed into the boy's back; that slender, wirelike body ought to have burst into tiny chunks and scattered. Right, that naturally should be the case. The next instant, the Metal Eater in the girl's hands explodes. The shells that made a direct hit rebound back. Almost like a video rewinding, the shells whose ballistics were reversed cleanly plunge nicely into the muzzle of the anti-tank rifle like a Kendama game, and the Metal Eater bursts from the inside into very small pieces.

To Aru Majutsu no Index Volume 3, pag. 3"

In a side note, Accelerator's Vector Manipulation worked on both the Archangel Gabriel and Kazakiri Hyouka (they were fairly equal while fighting) who are Angels, and was again, the first time Accelerator faced these entities know as Angels

"Accelerator was like a blast wave from an explosion, blowing away the snow from the ground, he charged towards the two angels. In the moment before their weapons were about to clash, Accelerator considered which entity he should get rid of first. However he came to the conclusion that since both of them were winged monsters, there was no point in aiding either side, and he leapt between the two, using his Reflection ability to attack the angels by redirecting their own blows at themselves.
BOOM!! The sound of explosions rang throughout the air. Against the doll-like angel of ice, Reflection was largely ineffective. Even though he used Reflection, the wings of ice were like soft candy, as they were bent out of shape, they were sent flying towards the forests, sending up ice and dirt as they went along."

Note: Archangel Gabriel has enough power to remove all the stars from the sky just by appearing.

"Can't you tell? She turned the evening into night."
Kanzaki said casually, but Kamijou is gobsmacked.
It's easy to say that she changed the evening sky to night, but this means that the person in front of them can control the relative positions of the Earth to the sun. No, even the orbit of the moon was switched. This means that the moon and other planets are under all control.
Controlling celestial bodies.

“Head out, Archangel Gabriel. Blow them all away.”
The world turned to night.
As if everything had been instantaneously painted over with black, the sky turned to a night sky.

“Using Gabriel to remove all the stars from the sky and leaving the Star of Bethlehem as the only thing floating in the incomplete heavens that are filled with Telesma was establishing the large flow of power needed for the ceremony to reset the four elements."

Last thing, Heat doesn't matter to Accelerator

"She was sure she had heard the voice come from that direction. Due to the enveloping steam, she couldn't make out the details of the figure. But from the silhouette she could see, she could tell the figure was standing in a completely normal and natural way. Even though he was standing in lava that must have been a few thousand degrees. Even the enveloping steam was more than 100 degrees and he was in the middle of it all.

To Aru Majutsu no Index Volume 14, pag. 178"

As you can see, Accelerator can manipulate anything even If he disnt know or understands it.
-
Also like I said before, Accelerator is too NLF Broken OP that he even have two more forms to make himself even more NLF Broken, thats why I got the Idea of switching Accelerator for Shana or else.....Accelerator will GodStompSolos this match ( Even his own team mates ).

Disagree but not willing to argue the point farther, hence the swap.

Agree to disagree I see what you did there lol, anyway I well get Shana's Feats later ok.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Polloloko wrote:Not really ( Sorry for repeat it ), but Accelerator have manipulated Vectors from things he didnt even know about, like for example:

He manipulated the Vectors on magic, and it was the first time Accelerator encountered magic

"He held up his right hand, the sole area his reflection was activated on.
The water spear was smashed to pieces.
The water turned to a rainbow of light that flowed diagonally back from his right hand. It acted as a wall of pressure that knocked away 4 of 5 of Vodyanoy‟s comrades.
Accelerator had blocked the attack, but he frowned.
He couldn‟t figure it out.
If his reflection had succeeded, the water spear should have head straight back at Vodyanoy and pierced her arm. Instead, it had gone astray and had disintegrated into a rainbow of light. It had been an odd phenomenon. It hadn‟t been something like steam created from water or ice. Accelerator had caused the reflection but he didn‟t understand the process by which it had turned to light.

Uh yeah, this would be an example of him not understanding the forces he was working against.
Did it work? Yes, but not as expected.
So it's perfectly plausible that an attack could be incorrectly redirected if he doesn't know how it functions.
Especially if the style of the attack is unknown to him.

Polloloko wrote:Also, Accelerator's doesn't need to be aware of an attack to reflect it

"Even though the boy in front of the scope is a living human, when this trigger is pulled, the .50 caliber anti-tank bullets of this gun would rip through the sky at speeds of 1200 km/h [...] All twelve bullets fired should have been absorbed into the boy's back; that slender, wirelike body ought to have burst into tiny chunks and scattered. Right, that naturally should be the case. The next instant, the Metal Eater in the girl's hands explodes. The shells that made a direct hit rebound back. Almost like a video rewinding, the shells whose ballistics were reversed cleanly plunge nicely into the muzzle of the anti-tank rifle like a Kendama game, and the Metal Eater bursts from the inside into very small pieces.

To Aru Majutsu no Index Volume 3, pag. 3"

He can passively keep up a redirection field, yes, that does not mean the same thing as being able to deflect attacks without knowing about them as a power itself.
If I walk around in plate mail, I won't notice someone attacking me with a feather and the armor will stop it. That doesn't mean I reacted to the feather that I didn't notice.

Polloloko wrote:In a side note, Accelerator's Vector Manipulation worked on both the Archangel Gabriel and Kazakiri Hyouka (they were fairly equal while fighting) who are Angels, and was again, the first time Accelerator faced these entities know as Angels

Note: Archangel Gabriel has enough power to remove all the stars from the sky just by appearing.

And yet I'm going to hazard a guess that their battle was significantly smaller in scale compared to people moving around stars.

Polloloko wrote:Also like I said before, Accelerator is too NLF Broken OP that he even have two more forms to make himself even more NLF Broken, thats why I got the Idea of switching Accelerator for Shana or else.....Accelerator will GodStompSolos this match ( Even his own team mates ).

Unless Izayoi were to destroy his gift of Accelerator powers. We already know Toma's ability works on him so Izayoi's likely would as well.

He's not NLF, it's just people don't care to address his limitations.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Uh yeah, this would be an example of him not understanding the forces he was working against.
So it's perfectly plausible that an attack could be incorrectly redirected if he doesn't know how it functions.

He didnt understand it, but he still reflected it into nothing more than a rainbow, the attack fail to get him anyway.

He can passively keep up a redirection field, yes, that does not mean the same thing as being able to deflect attacks without knowing about them as a power itself.
If I walk around in plate mail, I won't notice someone attacking me with a feather and the armor will stop it. That doesn't mean I reacted to the feather that I didn't notice.

As said above, he didnt need to know much about attacks and abilities against him due his Vector Manipulation, he can just reflect them back or manipulate it or both as he dashed at the target while manipulating his own vectors and one touch kill his target.

And yet I'm going to hazard a guess that their battle was significantly smaller in scale compared to people moving around stars.

Not really, the Angels Battle Royal was effecting the planet and stars around it, they even make a huge nukelike creater in rusia, they were affecting the planet and making all stars around it disapears easy by just moving around and clashing ( Accelerator was in his Black Wings Form in the Angels battle royal ), thats Broken.

Unless Izayoi were to destroy his gift of Accelerator powers. We already know Toma's ability works on him so Izayoi's likely would as well.

Thats the problem Izayoi have in vs debates, the Gift thing its only in his own world ( series ) due the powers being cards, then again there were characters in Problem Childrens that wernt affected by Izayoi's abilitie and there were moments that some characters that have powers without using the gift cards ( X3 ) were not so affected by Izayoi ( It work but not perfectly as Izayoi knows to do, example = Izayoi punches Goku, but it didnt destroy his Ki completetly just unpowered him a bit but not completetly as Goku will keep pushing Izayoi away ), these two type of characters or characters above them ( More powerfull ) in Problem Children were the ones who defeated Izayoi multiple times in the series ( 3 times, but fans say 4 times ), also Izayoi's gift its not the same as Touma's Imagine Breaker to begin with, Izayoi have some problems against a supernatural weapon that was being use by a demon, while Touma destroyed Othinus ( Index's Odin ) Gungril Spear by slaping it a side with his right hand ( Othinus's Gungril was stated to destroy Planets easy by throwing it and wielded to destroy Universes, Othinus's can manipulate Multiverses ) & while being inside a alternative reality while being inside an empty existence dome by Othinus while she allready destroyed all existence, Touma just....break it all to pieces whith his right hand and everything was back to normal again while Othinus was on her knees a long side him, clearly Izayoi's gift is not even close or the same as Touma's Imagine Breaker that in the novels its stated to be even more than that, If Izayoi try to punch/kick Accelerator, he will get his own blow back fire at himself with more force while having his hand/arm/leg broken on contact with Accelerator, Izayoi have no chance at all & I like him.

PS. Izayoi vs Accelerator was done so many times, mainly in Spacebattles, with Accelerator GodStomping Izayoi.

He's not NLF, it's just people don't care to address his limitations.

He actually is, even If he is not, he still too unfarly Broken ( Like Othinus and the Angels...heck even Touma due his experience/fighting skills and reactions/precong + Imagine Breaker )
-
Here what I could find for Shana

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Shana_( ... n_no_Shana)

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads ... _no_shana/

But dont underestimate her, she is mention by the Dengeki Bunko staff to be Mid-Top Tier ( Reaching Top Tier Rank with powerfull characters from other series from Dengeki Bunko's Novels ).
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Polloloko wrote:

He didnt understand it, but he still reflected it into nothing more than a rainbow, the attack fail to get him anyway.

Yes, and so it's up to chance, if he doesn't understand the attack- there is a chance he will not correctly block it- just like there's a chance it will not reflect how he thinks it will.
Your thread even mentioned he has to calculate what vectors to work with (which btw seem to uniformly be physical forces when mentioned: heat, bioelectricity, gravity, etc.)

It also matters what the attack is- you cannot change vectors of something if those vectors don't exist for the attack. An attack that distorts space would logically not be repelled by manipulating a space vector for example.

So, charcters that have physics-defying attacks or the ability to prevent themselves/their attacks from being altered have more than a fair chance to hurt him.

Polloloko wrote:

Not really, the Angels Battle Royal was effecting the planet and stars around it, they even make a huge nukelike creater in rusia, they were affecting the planet and making all stars around it disapears easy by just moving around and clashing ( Accelerator was in his Black Wings Form in the Angels battle royal ), thats Broken.

Again, Accelerator is gone, but removing these objects through unknown means is irrelevant if they display no such power in the battle.
. Having the "power" to move stars means little if they don't attack with such power.
The TK to throw a building means nothing for how much energy the same character throwing a fireball would have for example. Two different attacks.

Polloloko wrote:

Thats the problem Izayoi have in vs debates, the Gift thing its only in his own world ( series ) due the powers being cards

Fine, then no other fiction has vectors for Accelerator to control- no difference whatsoever.

However 'gift' is nothing more than a special power or item- monsters with natural abilities are 'gifts' as well- which Izayoi can destroy with his power. He can negate special abilities/items/beings. They all had their powers prior to recieving cards- the cards are nothing more than a symbol.

We know such a power worked on Accelerator in the past. He has no immunity to it- at all. Izayoi doesn't need multiversal feats or whatever to use a similar ability on him.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes, and so it's up to chance, if he doesn't understand the attack- there is a chance he will not correctly block it- just like there's a chance it will not reflect how he thinks it will.
Your thread even mentioned he has to calculate what vectors to work with (which btw seem to uniformly be physical forces when mentioned: heat, bioelectricity, gravity, etc.)

It also matters what the attack is- you cannot change vectors of something if those vectors don't exist for the attack. An attack that distorts space would logically not be repelled by manipulating a space vector for example.

So, charcters that have physics-defying attacks or the ability to prevent themselves/their attacks from being altered have more than a fair chance to hurt him.

He allready reflected an attack ( magic ) he didnt understand, he also reflected beings he didnt faced before ( Angels ).

Accelerator have manipulated imaginary vectors ( Vectors that dont exist )even after learning it from his Angel Form the first time he got it, thats why he can manipulate anything on contact with him, he also was immune to Othinus's reality warping ( Multiverse Level ) due manipulating it and that was before he gets Angel Form.

Again, Accelerator is gone, but removing these objects through unknown means is irrelevant if they display no such power in the battle.
. Having the "power" to move stars means little if they don't attack with such power.
The TK to throw a building means nothing for how much energy the same character throwing a fireball would have for example. Two different attacks.

Eh... Angel Gabriel didnt moved the stars, the stars vanished out of existence while he opeared on the scene, then more stars were vanishing around the planet while the planet was bieng affected by just three Angels ( Gabriel, Kazakiry [Artificial Angel ] & Accelerator in base then turns Black Wings against Gabriel ) moving and clashing against each other, they are more powerfull then they seems.

Fine, then no other fiction has vectors for Accelerator to control- no difference whatsoever.

However 'gift' is nothing more than a special power or item- monsters with natural abilities are 'gifts' as well- which Izayoi can destroy with his power. He can negate special abilities/items/beings. They all had their powers prior to recieving cards- the cards are nothing more than a symbol.

We know such a power worked on Accelerator in the past. He has no immunity to it- at all. Izayoi doesn't need multiversal feats or whatever to use a similar ability on him.

Everything have a vector to begin with ( Mass, Magnitud, Directions, Gravity, Reality etc. ), true some powers worked against Accelerator like Kakine's Dark Matter & Angel Gabriel's attacks that were as powerfull as Accelerator's ability ( Kakine can manipulate the Dark Matter in the universe while Gabriel is noted to be above Kakine by just bieng in the scene ) but then Accelerator adapted and defeated them and continues to turn more powerfullthan before, the only way to touch and beat Accelerator is with Imagine Breaker ( Touma Kamijou ) and as seen in Problem Children Izayoi's ability disnt work on everything as he gets beaten by no gift users and even by gift users that there gift are to strong for even Izayoi's ability to destroy gift, and just by that Izayoi cant do anything against Accelerator who is above other Angels now in Index ( Theres a rivally betwen Accelerator & Othinus ).
-
Did you get the Shana showings?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Polloloko wrote:

Eh... Angel Gabriel didnt moved the stars, the stars vanished out of existence while he opeared on the scene, then more stars were vanishing around the planet while the planet was bieng affected by just three Angels ( Gabriel, Kazakiry [Artificial Angel ] & Accelerator in base then turns Black Wings against Gabriel ) moving and clashing against each other, they are more powerfull then they seems.

Celestial bodies vanishing and changing isn't a particularly solid gauge of power without other supporting feats. Zeus in Hercules moves stars all over the joint and is held down by a glorified mountain.

Polloloko wrote:

Everything have a vector to begin with ( Mass, Magnitud, Directions, Gravity, Reality etc. )

Were this an Accelerator match (and it's not supposed to be by your own direction) I would ask you cite reality being a vector he can manipulate as the ones mentioned by name are stuff that are physical and literal such as temperature, speed, etc.

Polloloko wrote:Did you get the Shana showings?

I did, though it's kinda an empty thread. The girl got 4 seasons of episodes- fairly sure there's gonna be more showings than that.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Celestial bodies vanishing and changing isn't a particularly solid gauge of power without other supporting feats. Zeus in Hercules moves stars all over the joint and is held down by a glorified mountain.

Well its fiction after all
lol

Were this an Accelerator match (and it's not supposed to be by your own direction) I would ask you cite reality being a vector he can manipulate as the ones mentioned by name are stuff that are physical and literal such as temperature, speed, etc.

Uh!?!, Ah, nah, the Accelerator thing here is more of a Off Topic betwen us XP, reality is composite with everything we live in right like directions,gravity,mass,magnitude etc., Othinus destroys realities on a Multiverse scale and then creates them ( To destroy them again ) and can even create alternative realities while traping someone inside a dark sphare that inside is nothing more than darkness while she mind rape you seeing the alternative reality without you're existence while Othinus kills you 100,000 times in an instant while you feel the pain ( Touma got all that until he got enough and with one slap from his right hand and everything breaks into pieces returning everything to normal while Othinus's mind rape back fires at her ), Accelerator was immune to Othinus's Reality Warping...But, Dengeki Buko notes that Accelerator & Othinus are rivals.

I did, though it's kinda an empty thread. The girl got 4 seasons of episodes- fairly sure there's gonna be more showings than that.

I think Im gana see the series but I dont know, Im getting interested cuz I dont have anything else to see....Until Puerto Rico gets power back!! :angry:

The only things I seen from her was in the Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax game were she is a strong character to use in ( Im more of a expert using Kirito & Misaka Mikoto, but I can use the others good too when I get use too )

So, what do you think about Shana? can she help her team mates to victory or she unknownly Solos this? lol
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Previous

Return to Factpile Debates