FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Shonen vs Light Novels

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Shonen vs Light Novels

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 am

Suggester: Friendlysociopath
Characters: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto), Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece), Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail), Layfon Alseif (Chrome Shelled Regios), Gilgamesh (Nasuverse), Izayoi Sakamaki (Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?), Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index?)
Edit: Shana (Shakugan no Shana)

Description:
Ichigo can be seen, Gilgamesh can be interacted with, neither side can 'death aura' the other in any way- (That means no Natsu dropping everyone from sheer heat for example)- fairly sure everyone can work around these things anyways but now the argument doesn't need to happen to begin with.
Gilgamesh is composited of all his Nasu-based incarnations (games, anime, manga, etc.)

Edit: As of comment #21, Accelerator is being subbed out for Shana from Shakugan no Shana.
No Fūzetsu.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: Shonen vs Light Novels

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Well, since Naruto can just power his team up... Basically Naruto and three slightly different Shadow Clones Vs the other guys?

And by "slightly different" I mostly mean "not as versatile as an actual Shadow Clone would of been".

That being said, I don't really know anything about most of the guys on the other team, so... IDK.
Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt. - Mazrim Taim
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:Well, since Naruto can just power his team up... Basically Naruto and three slightly different Shadow Clones Vs the other guys?

And by "slightly different" I mostly mean "not as versatile as an actual Shadow Clone would of been".

That being said, I don't really know anything about most of the guys on the other team, so... IDK.

Well it seems every time someone suggests a light novel character, they turn out to have feats that actually come near or trump Shonen characters. So I figured I might as well try it straight instead of accidentally.

Brief ideas of the other guys until I go find quotes (I have the Chrome Shelled Regios novels now so once I reformat them I'll be able to check it myself):

Layfon - Uses various swords, or 'dites', to channel his kei. One of the lower-tiered characters in his series outruns lightning and Layfon himself usually fights monsters that can be very large in size- specifically a respect thread (that no longer exists) mentioned he was blasting through kilometer-thick hides.
Gilgamesh - Has a vault full of any treasure known to man- and he chucks them at you en masse from all directions. Arrogant as fuck.
Acelerator - Controls 'vectors'- so he can change the direction of basically anything that comes near him- including lightspeed railguns IIRC.
Izayoi - Literally light novel Saitama. The very first page involves him throwing rocks at "the third cosmic velocity", which is a fancy way of saying escape velocity for the solar system instead of Earth. Which is anywhere from 14-42 kilometers per second. Also has the power to destroy 'Gifts', which basically means any given power. The last time he was brought up it was suggested he would punch the Super Saiyan out of Goku.

I actually remember the Izayoi quote just because it's the first light novel I've ever seen to so clearly state it's not being figurative- in fact it assures you of it; repeatedly.
The impacting stone blew away the whole riverside. Not a figure of speech. No need for rectification.

Exactly as described, the stone was flying at the stupidly high speed of the Third Cosmic Velocity, and with a thunderous roar and huge cloud of dust blew away the delinquents, the boy, and the riverside alike.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:Well, since Naruto can just power his team up... Basically Naruto and three slightly different Shadow Clones Vs the other guys?

Well it seems every time someone suggests a light novel character, they turn out to have feats that actually come near or trump Shonen characters. So I figured I might as well try it straight instead of accidentally.

The issue is that none of the others on his team actually add anything to just Naruto himself.

Brief ideas of the other guys until I go find quotes (I have the Chrome Shelled Regios novels now so once I reformat them I'll be able to check it myself):

Layfon - Uses various swords, or 'dites', to channel his kei. One of the lower-tiered characters in his series outruns lightning and Layfon himself usually fights monsters that can be very large in size- specifically a respect thread (that no longer exists) mentioned he was blasting through kilometer-thick hides.
Gilgamesh - Has a vault full of any treasure known to man- and he chucks them at you en masse from all directions. Arrogant as fuck.
Acelerator - Controls 'vectors'- so he can change the direction of basically anything that comes near him- including lightspeed railguns IIRC.
Izayoi - Literally light novel Saitama. The very first page involves him throwing rocks at "the third cosmic velocity", which is a fancy way of saying escape velocity for the solar system instead of Earth. Which is anywhere from 14-42 kilometers per second. Also has the power to destroy 'Gifts', which basically means any given power. The last time he was brought up it was suggested he would punch the Super Saiyan out of Goku.

I actually remember the Izayoi quote just because it's the first light novel I've ever seen to so clearly state it's not being figurative- in fact it assures you of it; repeatedly.
The impacting stone blew away the whole riverside. Not a figure of speech. No need for rectification.

Exactly as described, the stone was flying at the stupidly high speed of the Third Cosmic Velocity, and with a thunderous roar and huge cloud of dust blew away the delinquents, the boy, and the riverside alike.

... And you put Ichigo, Luffy, and Natsu up against all that? O_o

I vaguely remember a thread with that "Controls vectors" guy... From what I recall he is way to Hax for even Naruto. And this Izayoi sounds well out of Naruto's weight class if he is throwing things out of the solar system.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:

The issue is that none of the others on his team actually add anything to just Naruto himself.

A somewhat valid point, yes, but it was the match idea- popular Shonen vs popular Light Novels. In hindsight you're correct, minus small differences, it's Naruto and 3 people who are physically weaker Naruto with a few extra tricks.

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:

... And you put Ichigo, Luffy, and Natsu up against all that? O_o

I vaguely remember a thread with that "Controls vectors" guy... From what I recall he is way to Hax for even Naruto. And this Izayoi sounds well out of Naruto's weight class if he is throwing things out of the solar system.

It just means he can accelerate his arms to like Mach 120ish. I didn't think that was a gamebreaker.
The series does work up to fourth, fifth, and sixth cosmic velocities though- the fourth is the speed needed to leave the Milky Way and was anywhere from 130km/s, or 0.0004c. I have no idea what the fifth and sixth cosmic velocities would be.
Buy yeah, Izayoi probably has the best striking and reaction feats of his team. Overall movement speed presumably goes to Leyfon- at one point the characters dash between various cities in their world over the course of seconds using the lightning-running-technique IIRC (It was an Outskirts battledome thread).
Gilamesh has an arsenal that he... may or may not be willing to lend out (doubtful) but otherwise he just has a ton of weapons: a sword that freezes you solid if it hits you, a scythe that goes through defenses and drains energy, spears that negate regen, etc.
I don't know much about Accelerator- but I needed a fourth.
Edit: The sword covers you in ice even if it is only near you- but does not freeze you solid
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:

A somewhat valid point, yes, but it was the match idea- popular Shonen vs popular Light Novels. In hindsight you're correct, minus small differences, it's Naruto and 3 people who are physically weaker Naruto with a few extra tricks.

Very, very, very few.

Don't get me wrong, until Naruto went all god-mode he wasn't much better then them versatility wise, but... As is, there isn't a lot, much less that will be all that useful, that they can do and he can't. Meanwhile, as I said, they'd basically amount to him making a Shadow Clone that lacks most of his abilities.

Accelerator- but I needed a fourth.

Don't know anything about him first hand, so take it for what it is worth, but from what I recall the guy can basically just control all vectors anywhere near him, basically making him impossible to hit with... Basically anything without some counter Hax. And IIRC it works on more conceptual things as well.

Think Naruto can take Gilamesh, but in my experience 80% Fate Vs is just sitting back and letting it's fans argue with themselves over what is even the hell with any of it.
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Polloloko » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Wow Friendly I think you're hand slip doing this match O.O, this is a God Stomp in favor of the Light Novels Winning.

Gilgamesh in CCC was busting Galaxies with EA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QdkYux0Egs

Then we have Izayoi who can defeat Galaxy+ Level beings while moving FTL+ in the Novels, he even catches a Spear going FTL and that spear was powerfull enough to destroy the galaxy, Izayoi not just reacted and grabs it but he throws it back harder then it was before.

Accelerator....wait...O.O...Accelerator!?!?...OK this is major god stomp, this is a guy who is....basically God, even when he was nerfed in the past...that just make him more broken NLF than before.

I don't know much about Accelerator

Here a link to my page, here I have Accelerator's Feats, hope it works, If it does not work for you guys then I will find another way:

https://plus.google.com/100449283484227 ... aDn99utVPj
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Polloloko wrote:Wow Friendly I think you're hand slip doing this match O.O, this is a God Stomp in favor of the Light Novels Winning.

Gilgamesh in CCC was busting Galaxies with EA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0QdkYux0Egs

Then we have Izayoi who can defeat Galaxy+ Level beings while moving FTL+ in the Novels, he even catches a Spear going FTL and that spear was powerfull enough to destroy the galaxy, Izayoi not just reacted and grabs it but he throws it back harder then it was before.

Accelerator....wait...O.O...Accelerator!?!?...OK this is major god stomp, this is a guy who is....basically God, even when he was nerfed in the past...that just make him more broken NLF than before.

I don't know much about Accelerator

Here a link to my page, here I have Accelerator's Feats, hope it works, If it does not work for you guys then I will find another way:

https://plus.google.com/100449283484227 ... aDn99utVPj

Yeah, Accelerator was a poor choice, for some reason I thought he wasn't made to be blatantly OP for his verse and had limits like having to notice or understand the attack coming at him... which to be fair- he does. It's just not explained how he does either of those things and he passively can make an entire shell of, "Don't come near me." IIRC haki prevents you from warping the thing you cover them in- or so Pimp claimed once upon a time. If that's true, Luffy has a chance of decking him even through his defenses. Also Ichigo's strongest attacks warp space- which would be what Accelerator targets to change vectors. So the Grand Cero Tensho or whatever it's called has a chance of getting around the vectors as well.

Or we could just ban him, Izayoi shouldn't be absurdly far out of the other team's reach. Natsu fair enough is here just because I wanted 4v4 and in all honesty he would be dumped alongside Accelerator if we did that. But Naruto and Ichigo are probably fair-game. Izayoi's shtick about 'strength to shake the stars' is all well and good but the more likely amount of firepower he'll use is the bit where it states he can shift the Earth's molten crust or something with every punch.

Ea's Gilgamesh's trump card- he won't bust that out until he knows the people he's fighting are worth it- regardless of how powerful it is. This might work against him if he's taken down before deciding his opponents were so worthy. He likes fellow rulers a lot, so of these guys, Naruto is presumably the one he'd gravitate most towards in terms of respect- (assuming Luffy ever becomes Pirate King, he would then likely take the spotlight).

Izayoi however never destroyed any galaxies nor do any of his feats support this without question:
Fighting a manifestation of a star constellation does not mean he blew up stars or anything of the sort just like fighting the manifestation of bog gas doesn't mean he can vaporize every bit of bog gas in the world.
Fighting someone who conjures up "heavens" in their hand means nothing without context, especially when creating dimensions to fight in seems to be common.
And the spear specifically had to hit to be that powerful and still be under the authority of its thrower- Izayoi cheated that bit. He waited until it was right at him before assuming control of it- something nobody could possibly predict he would do.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Yeah, Accelerator was a poor choice, for some reason I thought he wasn't made to be blatantly OP for his verse and had limits like having to notice or understand the attack coming at him... which to be fair- he does. It's just not explained how he does either of those things and he passively can make an entire shell of, "Don't come near me." IIRC haki prevents you from warping the thing you cover them in- or so Pimp claimed once upon a time. If that's true, Luffy has a chance of decking him even through his defenses. Also Ichigo's strongest attacks warp space- which would be what Accelerator targets to change vectors. So the Grand Cero Tensho or whatever it's called has a chance of getting around the vectors as well.

Accelerator in one point in the series manipulated a dimension that its used by teleporters to "Teleport", the teleporter ( Awaki ) try to teleport attack Accelerator who was just standing there and she couldnt do it as she realise that Accelerator make the dimension they use to teleport, crumble by manipulating it.

Then in the 3rd World War Saga, Othinus ( Magic God ) who did the end of everything at one point easly, was reality bending to get rid of Accelerator, for her surprise...Accelerator was still there, then it was mention that Accelerator was manipulating the vectors in reality as he negated Othinus's power on him, something that in future events Accelerator learns to manipulate Imaginary Vectors ( Things that dont exists ).

Accelerator is too much as he is way too Broken NLF OP that the only way to defeat him is Imagine Breaker = Touma Kamijou.

All of Shonen's Team effort will be useless and done for nothing against Accelerator who can make all that effort against them ( Shonen Teams getting killed by there own attacks ) sadly, hell, Accelerator can even solo the two teams here If he ever wants too.

I posted Accelerator's Feats here in this match from my page, take a look at it, he is too much.

Or we could just ban him, Izayoi shouldn't be absurdly far out of the other team's reach. Natsu fair enough is here just because I wanted 4v4 and in all honesty he would be dumped alongside Accelerator if we did that. But Naruto and Ichigo are probably fair-game. Izayoi's shtick about 'strength to shake the stars' is all well and good but the more likely amount of firepower he'll use is the bit where it states he can shift the Earth's molten crust or something with every punch.

Ban who? And what are you trying to say in here "Natsu fair enough is here just because I wanted 4v4 and in all honesty he would be dumped alongside Accelerator if we did that" I didnt understand it sorry.

Izayoi however never destroyed any galaxies nor do any of his feats support this without question:
Fighting a manifestation of a star constellation does not mean he blew up stars or anything of the sort just like fighting the manifestation of bog gas doesn't mean he can vaporize every bit of bog gas in the world.
Fighting someone who conjures up "heavens" in their hand means nothing without context, especially when creating dimensions to fight in seems to be common.
And the spear specifically had to hit to be that powerful and still be under the authority of its thrower- Izayoi cheated that bit. He waited until it was right at him before assuming control of it- something nobody could possibly predict he would do.

By feats I can see Izayoi bieng Galaxy+ Level with FTL speed, yea he is kinda not so explainable in his series, but he is dam powerfull.

Ea's Gilgamesh's trump card- he won't bust that out until he knows the people he's fighting are worth it- regardless of how powerful it is. This might work against him if he's taken down before deciding his opponents were so worthy. He likes fellow rulers a lot, so of these guys, Naruto is presumably the one he'd gravitate most towards in terms of respect- (assuming Luffy ever becomes Pirate King, he would then likely take the spotlight).

Gilgamrsh used EA against the King of Counqueres ( Sorry, now its my bad writing ) due his worth, so its posible that Gilgamesh will see the other team worth it and use EA.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Polloloko » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Friendly, are you there?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Next

Return to Factpile Debates