FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

Postby wingedlion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:29 am

Freindlysociopath wrote:True, but the Force is pseudo-magic and basically infuses Anakin and everything else in Star Wars, or the thing that uses them (Midichlorians) is in everyone and everything. I never did understand how that worked. So either the Force isn't magic or in a somewhat odd fashion, everything in Star Wars is somewhat magic.

Well if the Force is magic, then Saber does have a counter to it in the form of magic resistance. If not though, do users have the ability to interact with spirits?
Actually wasn't their a whole thing with the force being unable to affect those without midchlorians?
Freindlysociopath wrote:To elaborate, I would have to make sure the sword effect was following Saber's hands and attacks and in the correct spot, for every frame, ever.

Out of curiosity, who is she facing in this animation?
Freindlysociopath wrote:Hrm, doesn't she have a move where she expels it in a blast or something?

Yes. Strike Air.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:30 am

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:True, but the Force is pseudo-magic and basically infuses Anakin and everything else in Star Wars, or the thing that uses them (Midichlorians) is in everyone and everything. I never did understand how that worked. So either the Force isn't magic or in a somewhat odd fashion, everything in Star Wars is somewhat magic.

Well if the Force is magic, then Saber does have a counter to it in the form of magic resistance. If not though, do users have the ability to interact with spirits?
Actually wasn't their a whole thing with the force being unable to affect those without midchlorians?

Gonna put a giant "I don't know" sign on that.
Saber's magic resistance is based somewhat explicitly on Fate/stay stuff though, like the number of words something takes, which applies to the Force never as that isn't what determines the strength of a Force attack. The midichlorian count does (or so I assume).

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:To elaborate, I would have to make sure the sword effect was following Saber's hands and attacks and in the correct spot, for every frame, ever.

Out of curiosity, who is she facing in this animation?

Agrias Oaks. They had a Factpile match before which ended more or less in a Saber-proclaimed victory as much of what I think Agrias is capable of cannot be proven in Factpile's format.

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Hrm, doesn't she have a move where she expels it in a blast or something?

Yes. Strike Air.

Does the stuff reform from that or does the blade stay revealed when she does it?
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:46 am

Freindlysociopath wrote:Gonna put a giant "I don't know" sign on that.
Saber's magic resistance is based somewhat explicitly on Fate/stay stuff though, like the number of words something takes, which applies to the Force never as that isn't what determines the strength of a Force attack. The midichlorian count does (or so I assume).

Number of words isn't relevant to Saber's MR though; it's relevant to the incantations mages use to cast their spells. It just normally denotes what level a spell may be.
Like, Medea can effortlessly cast grand spells that modern mages have to normally prepare incantations for, but Saber can reject those just fine. It's the level of spell that MR protects against, not the incantation.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Agrias Oaks. They had a Factpile match before which ended more or less in a Saber-proclaimed victory as much of what I think Agrias is capable of cannot be proven in Factpile's format.

Ah. I remember that match.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Does the stuff reform from that or does the blade stay revealed when she does it?

It reforms right after she uses it.
Last edited by wingedlion on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 am

wingedlion wrote:
Does the stuff reform from that or does the blade stay revealed when she does it?

Sonofabitch.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:51 am

Friendlysociopath wrote:
wingedlion wrote:

Sonofabitch.

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 am

wingedlion wrote:Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

And so the struggle of accurate canon representation vs pragmatism begins.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Next up, does that buff Anakin up to Saber's level or lower her to his?

Both for the sake of the match are evenly match against each other phisically.

Also about Servants bieng immune to attacks, well they can be touch when they battle and are in there phisical forms, but If they are in spirit form then its a big No due them bieng invisible spirits and cant not be touch.

Anakin in Clone Wars was manipulating the force in an entire planet turning it day to night and back to normal, it was when Anakin meet the Son & Father in the animated 3D series, so it could be counted that Anakin's force powers are very powerfull, and strong magic attacks can kill or harm Servants but that incredible hard to do.

Also a Lightsaber hurting a Servant, is a big question, sure its a futuristic weapon ( Man made weapons are useless against Servants ) but its made out of plasma soooo...its a big question mark but I belive it can hurt then due bieng plasma, I could be wrong, If I am then lets make the Anakin can harm Saber with the saber ( Pun intended ) and phisical.

Anayway, how it goes?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Polloloko wrote:

Yes, what does that mean? Is Anakin suddenly packing the physical strength to send cars flying or is Saber stunted down to his strength? Saber being weakened we can at least somewhat think of- we have no idea how Anakin would fight if suddenly boosted to Saber's level.

Polloloko wrote:Also a Lightsaber hurting a Servant, is a big question, sure its a futuristic weapon ( Man made weapons are useless against Servants ) but its made out of plasma soooo...its a big question mark but I belive it can hurt then due bieng plasma, I could be wrong, If I am then lets make the Anakin can harm Saber with the saber ( Pun intended ) and phisical.

Anayway, how it goes?

Don't sabers in the EU require you to channel the Force through them or something? If the Force counts as magic then presumably the lightsaber would work on her since it would, theoretically, be a magic weapon.

@Winged
I meant more like the Force permeates Anakin as well, so technically he has the magical energy needed for his strikes to hurt Saber past the "Mundane weapons are useless" sort of thing. Her magic resistance wouldn't be involved as that's specifically for magic spells- not the energy like what the Servants use to fight.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
Polloloko wrote:

Yes, what does that mean? Is Anakin suddenly packing the physical strength to send cars flying or is Saber stunted down to his strength? Saber being weakened we can at least somewhat think of- we have no idea how Anakin would fight if suddenly boosted to Saber's level.

Polloloko wrote:Also a Lightsaber hurting a Servant, is a big question, sure its a futuristic weapon ( Man made weapons are useless against Servants ) but its made out of plasma soooo...its a big question mark but I belive it can hurt then due bieng plasma, I could be wrong, If I am then lets make the Anakin can harm Saber with the saber ( Pun intended ) and phisical.

Anayway, how it goes?

Don't sabers in the EU require you to channel the Force through them or something? If the Force counts as magic then presumably the lightsaber would work on her since it would, theoretically, be a magic weapon.

Lets say that Anakin & Saber are phisically equals, more or less that Anakin can fight evenly against Saber like Shirou fighting against Servants for example, I just dont like one sided matches thats all -_-

!, You know what?...You're actually right about the lightsaber part, ok its a wrap.

Who is gana take it? Anakin? Saber? Saber Alter? or Darth Vader?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Polloloko » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Eh anyone?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates