FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 am

Suggester: Polloloko
Characters: Saber (Fate/stay Night), Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)

image:

Battle Ground = Mustafar.

Sett Ups:

Round 1. Canon Saber VS. Composite Anakin.

Round 2. Composite Saber VS. Composite Anakin.

Bonus Round:
Alturia [ Saber ] Pendragon VS. Darth Vader.
Battle Setup = Same as Saber vs Anakin round.

Bonus Round 2:
Instead of Saber is Saber Alter.

Who Wins?
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

Postby Polloloko » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Em, anyone?

I think Saber might defeat Anakin, but Darth Vader will posibly defeat Saber.

betewn Saber Alter & Dart Vader is a taugh one.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Polloloko wrote:Em, anyone?

I think Saber might defeat Anakin, but Darth Vader will posibly defeat Saber.

betewn Saber Alter & Dart Vader is a taugh one.

I don't know of any good speed showings for Anakin that don't rely on Star Wars precog or laser arguments. Saber casually runs around at supersonic speeds and strikes with the same- hundreds of blows a second. Obi-wan in the EU very specifically said 16 strikes per second would overwhelm him. Regardless of their reflexes and precognition- physically the Jedi are not nearly in the same league of speed as Servants.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't know of any good speed showings for Anakin that don't rely on Star Wars precog or laser arguments. Saber casually runs around at supersonic speeds and strikes with the same- hundreds of blows a second. Obi-wan in the EU very specifically said 16 strikes per second would overwhelm him. Regardless of their reflexes and precognition- physically the Jedi are not nearly in the same league of speed as Servants.

I think Servants are way faster than Supersonic, due them actually showing to react and deflect Lighting Bolts

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... ction_Feat

And Lancer, Saber, Berserker & Shirou fought against Gilgamesh pretty fine.

Making them Massive Hypersonic+

I will find feats for the Jedis.

PS. Also Friendly, I send you a question on private ok.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Polloloko wrote:

I think Servants are way faster than Supersonic, due them actually showing to react and deflect Lighting Bolts

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... ction_Feat

And Lancer, Saber, Berserker & Shirou fought against Gilgamesh pretty fine.

Making them Massive Hypersonic+

I will find feats for the Jedis.

PS. Also Friendly, I send you a question on private ok.

Yeah but we're basically going to discuss your questions in matches so no reason to reply since it was just various things about lightning-timing. In general though I will point out the same thing I sent back to you- lightning-dodging can lead to outliers. It's quite possible someone can dodge lightning and if so they may be dodging something moving up to 1/3rd the speed of light.
However, outliers can exist, lightning is probably the poster-child for it. The example I gave you (not necessarily applicable here) is that if we have someone struggle to block or evade bullets, but also dodges a lightning bolt, then it's questionable about the lightning bolt as them doing that would make them so fast that dodging bullets should literally be almost effortless. You can't struggle to dodge bullets but be able to dodge lightning if said lightning is moving the speed it's supposed to. Bullets inherently are more grounded in reality- everyone knows bullets go faster than sound and that's fairly close to the actual speed of bullets.
But if you ask different people how fast lightning moves- you get a variety of answers because they simply don't know.

Also gonna have to stop you there- Berserker (Lancelot or Hercules) were respectively fighting Gilg where he wasn't trying very hard (and also never touched him) and curbstomped without landing a blow. Where did they fight him remotely evenly?
Shirou got away with fighting him because it was literally the most ideal scenario for Shirou to fight him and win.
And besides that- the thread you linked even states only Gilgamesh and Endiku scale to that because it's not applicable to Fate/stay Gilgamesh.

Also I mentioned movement and fighting at supersonic speeds at a minimum because AFAIK Jedi can't even match that. Obi-Wan very specifically says 16 strikes a second were not something he can deal with. That's only 4x faster than a normal human. This is the same novel that insists Obi-Wan and Anakin could process things faster than droids flying at lightspeed because of The Force.
And... considering Anakin ends that book (or the one immediately after it, I forget) as a cripple burn victim- I somehow doubt there will be any more current feats for Anakin AS Anakin than that book.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Polloloko wrote:I think Saber might defeat Anakin, but Darth Vader will posibly defeat Saber.

Isn't Darth Vader a severely weakened Anakin?
Freindlysociopath wrote:Also gonna have to stop you there- Berserker (Lancelot or Hercules) were respectively fighting Gilg where he wasn't trying very hard (and also never touched him) and curbstomped without landing a blow. Where did they fight him remotely evenly?
Shirou got away with fighting him because it was literally the most ideal scenario for Shirou to fight him and win.
And besides that- the thread you linked even states only Gilgamesh and Endiku scale to that because it's not applicable to Fate/stay Gilgamesh.

While all true, the only fight that actually matters in regards of physical disparity for Gil was Shirou. Herc's reason for being curbstomped was not because he was physically inferior to Gil- It was cause he couldn't handle GOB. And while his stats in Stay Night are inferior to his usual stats (hence their inferiority to SF Gil's stats)- that's what we have the stat sheet for. To compare Servants stats. The agility stat is the speed of your reactions, so those who have the same agility stat as him or above can scale to him. Considering Gil's agility during that time was B and Saber's is the same- she would scale to him.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:03 am

wingedlion wrote:
Polloloko wrote:I think Saber might defeat Anakin, but Darth Vader will posibly defeat Saber.

Isn't Darth Vader a severely weakened Anakin?

IIRC the EU has different stances on that- one being that his artificial limbs weakened his connection to the Force and another being that he kept getting better until he surpassed himself. I'll have to hope GA or Lowk knows the answer to that one.

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Also gonna have to stop you there- Berserker (Lancelot or Hercules) were respectively fighting Gilg where he wasn't trying very hard (and also never touched him) and curbstomped without landing a blow. Where did they fight him remotely evenly?

While all true, the only fight that actually matters in regards of physical disparity for Gil was Shirou. Herc's reason for being curbstomped was not because he was physically inferior to Gil- It was cause he couldn't handle GOB. And while his stats in Stay Night are inferior to his usual stats (hence their inferiority to SF Gil's stats)- that's what we have the stat sheet for. To compare Servants stats. The agility stat is the speed of your reactions, so those who have the same agility stat as him or above can scale to him. Considering Gil's agility during that time was B and Saber's is the same- she would scale to him.

Would she? Even with her precognition against Gilg- she couldn't land a blow on him when he kept blocking with his arms. Is there another exchange I don't know about?
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:21 am

Freindlysociopath wrote:Would she? Even with her precognition against Gilg- she couldn't land a blow on him when he kept blocking with his arms. Is there another exchange I don't know about?

I mean, precognition wouldn't have really helped Saber much if at all in that instance because all Gil had to do was cover his head. His entire body except for that is covered in armor; Gil was blocking the one weak spot Saber had access to.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:09 pm

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Would she? Even with her precognition against Gilg- she couldn't land a blow on him when he kept blocking with his arms. Is there another exchange I don't know about?

I mean, precognition wouldn't have really helped Saber much if at all in that instance because all Gil had to do was cover his head. His entire body except for that is covered in armor; Gil was blocking the one weak spot Saber had access to.

I assumed he was taking a more active role since that feat is typically used in respect threads as Gilg reacting to Saber.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Lowk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:21 pm

wingedlion wrote:Isn't Darth Vader a severely weakened Anakin?

In EU. Maybe. He's wearing a suit that keeps in in a constant state of pain. And I think there was some mention that his power dwindled.
Canon, he doesn't seem any worse than he was before beside having cybernetic limbs. He like Anakin just older, more skilled, and angrier.
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Next

Return to Factpile Debates