FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Saber VS. Anakin Skywalker.

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Yeah, canon since Disney took over has basically been going with the idea that Vader isn't diminished in fact at one point he even says he feels his connection to the Force is stronger than ever in his current state
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Lowk wrote:
wingedlion wrote:Isn't Darth Vader a severely weakened Anakin?

In EU. Maybe. He's wearing a suit that keeps in in a constant state of pain. And I think there was some mention that his power dwindled.
Canon, he doesn't seem any worse than he was before beside having cybernetic limbs. He like Anakin just older, more skilled, and angrier.

guardianangel1911 wrote:Yeah, canon since Disney took over has basically been going with the idea that Vader isn't diminished in fact at one point he even says he feels his connection to the Force is stronger than ever in his current state

So ultimately no weakness aside from being a shade less acrobatic these days?
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Yeah, less jumps just to jump around. From his fight with Ashoka in Rebels he seems to still be able to keep up in a Saber fight with other Jedi. Should also probably note for what its worth that the latest canon solo comics for Vader have shown that after his first mission in his post Revenge of the Sith armor led to it getting heavily damaged he began to be his own mechanic and was tuning up the armor himself at his own specifications.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:05 pm

This may be a stupid question but- can Servants actually stop TK? Cause EU Vader would have some serious Force feats and I think even EU Anakin throws like a weapons platform around.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:This may be a stupid question but- can Servants actually stop TK? Cause EU Vader would have some serious Force feats and I think even EU Anakin throws like a weapons platform around.

Not to my knowledge. Saber will likely have to rely on blitzing Anakin to prevent that.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:29 pm

wingedlion wrote:
Friendlysociopath wrote:This may be a stupid question but- can Servants actually stop TK? Cause EU Vader would have some serious Force feats and I think even EU Anakin throws like a weapons platform around.

Not to my knowledge. Saber will likely have to rely on blitzing Anakin to prevent that.

It likely isn't Anakin's first choice but it's good to know all the same.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm

If Anakin is outspeed here, then.....could it work If I made Anakin near equal in speed to Saber for this match? or I have to make Anakin speed equally to Saber for the match? If I do, how the match will go?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Polloloko wrote:If Anakin is outspeed here, then.....could it work If I made Anakin near equal in speed to Saber for this match? or I have to make Anakin speed equally to Saber for the match? If I do, how the match will go?

If you made speed even, presumably they would fight and think at the same speeds.
Excalibur would presumably not be sheared in half by the lightsaber as that sort of thing isn't fun.

Both combatants use foreign fighting styles. Lightsaber combat is based around the principle that your sabers will repel one another- Saber uses a normal longsword and presumably expects her opponent's weapon to behave like a normal weapon.
Both combatants have precognition, which should cancel out one another.

Saber's still tons stronger than Anakin though, so presumably he'd be disarmed at some point or she'd hit the saber hard enough to knock it back into him- which would be fatal.
Although if disarmed, that would almost certainly result in the Force to push her away and, upon noting she can't do much about it, possibly choke or throw her away until she can't fight. As they're at Mustafar- there's no shortage of hazards he can throw her into. I somehow doubt her water-walking ability will work the same on lava- especially if he's pushing her down into it.

Force push kinda messes up Excalibur too. It requires a very specific stance to use- meaning if Anakin Pushes her while charging he'll fuck it up.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 am

Well if their precognition cancels each other out, Anakin would have to deal with an invisible weapon.
Freindlysociopath wrote: It requires a very specific stance to use

Not really?
It requires two hands to use- but that's about it.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 am

wingedlion wrote:Well if their precognition cancels each other out, Anakin would have to deal with an invisible weapon.
Freindlysociopath wrote: It requires a very specific stance to use

Not really?
It requires two hands to use- but that's about it.

Could've sworn Saber at one point gets a single messed up finger and it vastly degrades the attack, also I recall something about footing I think, though I will admit it's been a while since I looked at that particular part.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates