FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

What if... Link & Sora switch places?

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: What if... Link & Sora switch places?

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:31 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:Nah it wasn't everyone, it was just me pushing for that feat. I brought it up because its possible to dodge lightning in the game, and the focus ability has link see lightning in slow mo, and if close you can actually see the return stroke rise upward from the ground as the several bolts dance about in slow mo. I thought the feat would help cause polloloko insisted that link couldn't beat larxene cause she spams thunder spells and link wouldn't be fast enough to avoid the bolts like sora...who apparently is a casual lightning timer?

Dunno about the 'casual' part. Casual implies we can gauge the amount of effort a character put into doing something.
For someone like Dante, who practically screams sarcasm and lack of caring every time you see him on screen, this is easy.
For someone who has a majority of feats in gameplay (even QTE gameplay)- it's a bit harder to tell.

darkwingdragon709 wrote:Btw @friendly
I'm still reading your last PM you sent me, been workin like a horse lately tryin to make rent so I haven't been as active bro.

Understood. They're not exactly short messages.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 pm

I do have a question now though, this is assuming we go by the timer. You remember the postman minigame I brought up earlier in the battle? If link wore the bunny hood to add to his speed, about how much would it increase his reaction speeds?
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:I do have a question now though, this is assuming we go by the timer. You remember the postman minigame I brought up earlier in the battle? If link wore the bunny hood to add to his speed, about how much would it increase his reaction speeds?

That assumes the speed stacks mind you- something we can't exactly check as they are in different games and were never intended to be used together. Not saying that's a wrong assumption or a bad one- only that it IS an assumption like most of Composite Link's interactions.

-

But, IIRC the Bunny Hood was pretty much a flat 10x based on the post-man mini-game, though the various Zelda wiki's all cite a rather uniform buff of 68% increased speed. That (the 10x) would leave Link with 28x reactions if he were to have both the hood on and his Focus going. So while his Focus lasts, assuming they stacked, he would have a reaction time of 8.93 milliseconds for however long that goes (ironically the better the reaction time, the less time Link can technically hold it).
For context, Master Chief is supposed to have about this level of a reaction time.

Again factoring in the speed of sound at 343 meters per second. AKA 0.343 meters per millisecond.
So Link would be able to respond to a supersonic attack so long as it came from 3 meters away.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Previous

Return to Factpile Debates