FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

What if... Link & Sora switch places?

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: What if... Link & Sora switch places?

Postby wingedlion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:I never said the door wasn't heavy

I edited my comment. Sorry about that.
darkwingdragon709 wrote:My claim was that it required physical force to push closed with no magic being used by the group or magic stopping them from closing it. You then implied that the door musta been heavier than anything sora and the group had encountered before in the game because it was an abnormal door and doesn't cast doubt on his strength, so now you have to prove beyond doubt that the door was heavier than the rock titan, cause according to everyone here sora has strength relative to Hercules who can casually toss the titan.

Again, you made the claim first. Your the one claiming it's weaker than what Sora should be struggling with in the first place, despite knowing nothing about the door's weight. It's on you to prove it.
wingedlion
Freak On A Leash

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm

It's cool.

While the door is huge, the rock titan is twice its size. When sora and the gang beat the rock titan, none of them can make the thing budge, they have to chip away at its legs, and attack its face when its weakened legs make it drop. When its beaten, it collapses on itself most likely from its legs being weakened. While the group could close the door after much effort, they were still able to move it unlike the titan...which herc threw into space with ease. I highly doubt that the door was heavier than a monster that he couldn't budge at all, this is all of course assuming that sora is around Hercules strength level which has yet to be proven without doubt
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
@friendly
Yes...that door, the door that could physical be touched and pushed without magical aid and the group having no means of closing any other way, thats right.

Being able to physically touch something does not inherently mean no magic is in effect. You can touch Goku's power pole and that thing certainly doesn't obey the conventional rules of physics without involving magic- it grows up to 380,000 kilometers remember- yet grows no heavier/lighter for him.

Although just out of curiosity... if we say an 'average' quarterstaff is 2 meters (0.002 kilometers) in length and weighs 4 pounds, that would mean at its longest the staff should theoretically weigh... 760,000,000 pounds. He can touch it, twirl it, all without issue. For context, the Empire State Building weighs 730,000,000 pounds.
However, the staff is magical, its weight does not match its size.

Remember that door is literally floating on nothing but like an inch of sand and previously killed a man. To say "100% normal door and strength feat" without applying any outside context just because Sora touches it doesn't really make sense.

darkwingdragon709 wrote:As for the titan, it's clear that its "grown" since KH2...by a LOT cause when Hercules threw it, it was about the size of a house. Still, we'll see if either sora or herc throws him again when ever its released...some day lol. My time to post is limited cause I'm at work, please don't think I'm ignoring the rest of your post, I can only focus on debating one person at a time at the moment.

It didn't grow unless stated, otherwise it was always that big, KH3 can better show the size that it's supposed to be from the start; given that it's a decade and change past its predecessor and not one- but two console jumps. People forget KH was acting on some very old technology. When they wanted to redo KH1 for the 1.5 stuff and whatnot? They had to remake it from scratch because the stuff just wasn't there to work with anymore.
Yeah, I know the feeling about work.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Sense wingedlion is out I can focus and rap with you a bit better.

Lol...I...am not tryin to say that the door is normal by ANY means, it's freakin huge and sits on as you put it...an inch of sand. My thing is that while its abnormal, there was no magic used to close it or keeping them from closing it, it was just the big doors size and weight. Ansem used power to call to the door and open it, likely cause it was far away(...or he didn't have time to struggle and force it open)light came from inside the door and killed ansem, not the door itself. From there nothing suggests magic is involved with closing it, just physical force by the whole group.
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:Sense wingedlion is out I can focus and rap with you a bit better.

Lol...I...am not tryin to say that the door is normal by ANY means, it's freakin huge and sits on as you put it...an inch of sand. My thing is that while its abnormal, there was no magic used to close it or keeping them from closing it, it was just the big doors size and weight. Ansem used power to call to the door and open it, likely cause it was far away(...or he didn't have time to struggle and force it open)light came from inside the door and killed ansem, not the door itself. From there nothing suggests magic is involved with closing it, just physical force by the whole group.

Yeaaaah but you're asserting that the abnormal door is 100% closed by physical strength and nothing else. Which, while possible, does not disprove the possibility that magic is involved.
Of the two, we have essentially everything about the scene insisting the door works based on magic (including them being somewhat literally between dimensions) but only the feat in question insisting it's physical only. You're somewhat correct that the door doesn't kill him and at the same time a bit off- the "light" that kills him comes from Kingdom Hearts- which specifically occurs when the door opens and doesn't eliminate the Heartless inside of said door because inside said door is the Realm of Darkness- not light.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Nothing in the scene suggests that it's magic making the door too heavy to push or pull. We see that the group(including riku pulling it)doesn't use any form of magic, spell or TK to force it closed, and no magic is flying out of the door keeping it open...it's just really heavy. Outside of light flying from inside the door for merely a moment, and ansem "possibly using TK" to open it...it just sits open with no activity, and the group using no magic to close it.
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

Postby LadyRamkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild.
Recovered memory #1: Subdued Ceremony.
Zelda:
"Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight…
The sacred blade is forever bound to the soul of the Hero."

"The sacred blade is forever bound to the soul of the Hero."
Soul of the Hero.
Not, the spirit of the hero.
Not, the soul of A hero.
THE soul of THE hero.
-
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDSOvf ... /giphy.gif
"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way"
LadyRamkin
Freak On A Leash

Postby LadyRamkin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 pm

On a completely separate note.
Everyone says that focus makes Link a lightning timer??
I don't think that accurate.
I mean. I don't know how fast lightning is.
But there is a legitimate way to measure the time dilation in game.
If you go to the flight range and play the shooting minigame, then you are on a timer. When you activate focus the timer also slows down.
Ive only done a couple of tests, but half a timer second is about 9 seconds irl.
so, double that, link experiences 1 second as 18 ish seconds.
"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way"
LadyRamkin
Freak On A Leash

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:32 am

LadyRamkin wrote:On a completely separate note.
If you go to the flight range and play the shooting minigame, then you are on a timer. When you activate focus the timer also slows down.
Ive only done a couple of tests, but half a timer second is about 9 seconds irl.

While I'm wary of using game-timers for pretty much anything, I'll just point out that Link would then theoretically have a reaction time 18x superior to our own if 1 second = 18 seconds.
So, theoretically the human reaction time average is 250 milliseconds.
Normally for something greater you would multiply, but we want a reaction time, so we divide.
250 / 18 = 13.888 (the 8s go on for some time) milliseconds for a reaction time.

The speed of sound is 343 meters per second. AKA 0.343 meters per millisecond.
So at 13.888 milliseconds, I believe the way the math turns out is Link would be able to react to a supersonic attack so long as it came from more than 4.763 meters away.
Which... actually I think is in the right ballpark for what Mea suggested based on that blurry Ganon.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby darkwingdragon709 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:07 am

LadyRamkin wrote:On a completely separate note.

Nah it wasn't everyone, it was just me pushing for that feat. I brought it up because its possible to dodge lightning in the game, and the focus ability has link see lightning in slow mo, and if close you can actually see the return stroke rise upward from the ground as the several bolts dance about in slow mo. I thought the feat would help cause polloloko insisted that link couldn't beat larxene cause she spams thunder spells and link wouldn't be fast enough to avoid the bolts like sora...who apparently is a casual lightning timer?

Btw @friendly
I'm still reading your last PM you sent me, been workin like a horse lately tryin to make rent so I haven't been as active bro.
darkwingdragon709
Misery Machine

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates