FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

The Great Shonen War

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: The Great Shonen War

Postby Friendlysociopath » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Shgon-Dunstan wrote:Anyone matching "base" Kenpachi before his training in the last arc is completely meaningless. What with the explicitly stating that he had been dialing his power to match theirs so that he could have a good fight.

Just curious but where does it state this? The only holding back for Kenpachi I know of is the eyepatch, which he had on for the meteor.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Shgon-Dunstan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
Shgon-Dunstan wrote:Anyone matching "base" Kenpachi before his training in the last arc is completely meaningless. What with the explicitly stating that he had been dialing his power to match theirs so that he could have a good fight.

Just curious but where does it state this? The only holding back for Kenpachi I know of is the eyepatch, which he had on for the meteor.

In his training with Unohana. He had just been subconsciously dialing his power to make fights more enjoyable.
Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt. - Mazrim Taim
Shgon-Dunstan
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Alpha or Omega » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Death Battle
Spoiler
Ichigo lost
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby AOTUA » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Figured. Meh.
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Alpha or Omega » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Bleach will take a win someday. Death Battle always throws a bone.

Street Fighter is an exception.
"Darn-sung, dang-busted, horse-thievin', alien control panel which can't nobody work proper!" - Vigilante
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Friendlysociopath » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Bleach will take a win someday. Death Battle always throws a bone.

Final Fantasy hasn't had a win yet (grumbles about RPG treatment)
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby AOTUA » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Alpha or Omega wrote:Bleach will take a win someday. Death Battle always throws a bone.

DB has the right to a wrong opinion, ha. Haven't gotten a chance to watch it, fight any good?
"The Gaze Into The Sun."
AOTUA
Freak On A Leash

Postby Alpha or Omega » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 pm

As far as sprite related stuff goes, well, fight is good.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 am

AOTUA wrote:

DB has the right to a wrong opinion, ha. Haven't gotten a chance to watch it, fight any good?

Well, it's really all down to how you interpret the feats.
DB as far as I know takes raw energy values- which Ichigo does lack pretty hardcore compared to Naruto.
They also don't generally scale all that much which... REALLY makes Ichigo lacking hardcore compared to Naruto.
They also typically give extra points (for lack of a better term) for having more options to attack which Ichigo... again lacks pretty hardcore compared to Naruto.

I did hear they "wanked" Ichigo in the results even though he lost. Though the person specifically who said that is someone who... very much hates me on a named basis for disagreeing with how he sees things so whether it's accurate or not I can't say...
(Seriously, you wouldn't believe how often he has bitched out the ENTIRE Discord over me disagreeing about MFTL+ MSS-busting Final Fantasy 7- like damn)
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 am

In the episodes ending section where they explain their reasoning they say twice that they are "deliberately overestimating Ichigo's power" assuming that all his forms whether he lost them or not that increased his power (minus Fullbring because "its weaker than all his other forms" and Vasto Lorde because it's the same power as Merged Hollow, they also didn't take FGT into account in this part due to it "being an attack" however since it uses all his spiritual energy they did also technically calculate it as he uses said attack and they use their math to calculate the destructive potential of all of Ichigo's forms from base Shinigami to his End of Series Ultimate horned form multiplying by 10 each time) stacked and each multiplied his power by 10 and scaled Ichigo from Ulquiorra's (if the comments I've seen are accurate) ability to destroy Las Noches (the city).
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates