FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Batman Beyond vs Spider-Man 2099

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Batman Beyond vs Spider-Man 2099

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 pm

I think the figure is calculated from Terry lifting something without the suit since its "multiplied by 10"? It was 1700 pounds but like I said not sure where that exact calculation comes from.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:16 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:I think the figure is calculated from Terry lifting something without the suit? It was 1700 pounds but like I said not sure where that exact calculation comes from.

Huh. According to DB the suit buffs his strength by 10 (presumably this is mentioned in an episode somewhere). So if he's lifting even 1000 pounds without the suit- that's 10,000 with the suit.
Assuming the logic holds.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 pm

The 1700 is calced as his lifting strength with the suit, but I don't know based on what that number is being calced from (I can't find any feats of Terry lifting 170 pounds or anything that would make sense then again the respect thread also doesn't have the scene from the Death Battle preview, the biggest strength feats there are lifting a boulder/large rock off himself underwater and tossing off a large spotlight/chandelier that falls on him)

The factor of ten thing comes from the first episode of the animated series.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Huh, so looking for concrete stuff on the suit apparently the cloaking device (and likely other built in functions) drain the suits battery, which probably explains the fluctuating stats of the suit....but also bodes poorly for Terry if that's the case his stats have a time limit Miguel's don't

Also while looking I found the fight between Terry and the AI possessed Batsuit...Terry is able to hold his own fairly decently (not sure what suit functions were active) and it shows pretty good concrete destruction and stuff the issue is at about 2:03 Terry drop kicks a metal rod he threw into one of the batsuits plugins through the suit....with his normal peak human strength. Which does not bode well for pointy attacks by someone with superhuman strength...
https://youtu.be/E8rQmyq1Mgc?t=123

From what I've found the suit has good blunt force durability and decent explosive durability itself (though doesn't seem to actually do much to stop Bruce in episode one from feeling that wrench to the face and having some blood run from his mouth after.......also didn't see the lifting strength stuff in episode one Terry doesn't even put the suit on that episode so still looking)

Aand found the strength comment in episode two, its not actually much of a definitive thing as while Terry is eyeballing the tech he says "I bet it amplifies your strength by at least 10 to 1"
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:Huh, so looking for concrete stuff on the suit apparently the cloaking device (and likely other built in functions) drain the suits battery, which probably explains the fluctuating stats of the suit....but also bodes poorly for Terry if that's the case his stats have a time limit Miguel's don't

Also while looking I found the fight between Terry and the AI possessed Batsuit...Terry is able to hold his own fairly decently (not sure what suit functions were active) and it shows pretty good concrete destruction and stuff the issue is at about 2:03 Terry drop kicks a metal rod he threw into one of the batsuits plugins through the suit....with his normal peak human strength. Which does not bode well for pointy attacks by someone with superhuman strength...

From what I've found the suit has good blunt force durability and decent explosive durability itself (though doesn't seem to actually do much to stop Bruce in episode one from feeling that wrench to the face and having some blood run from his mouth after.......also didn't see the lifting strength stuff in episode one Terry doesn't even put the suit on that episode so still looking)

Aand found the strength comment in episode two, its not actually much of a definitive thing as while Terry is eyeballing the tech he says "I bet it amplifies your strength by at least 10 to 1"

Pretty sure Terry's been shot a few times and faced clawed creatures before- not entirely sure that's a poor showing for the suit or Terry really needing a plot-reason to beat the thing.
Especially when the video starts with Terry drop-kicking the thing and bouncing off with it not moving it an inch.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Alpha or Omega » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:Also did someone say Batman Beyond could lift 1000 pounds? Because there's a scene I remember (DB showed it in the BB reveal video) where he lifts a bunch of metal off of himself- seems like it should be more than 1000 pounds.
https://youtu.be/FbEweC6qdk8?t=1m12s

Spider-Man: Excuse you, I did that first!
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CnpjFMaHnFBTzcTvvZ3PzZ0o3CU=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8826295/spider_man_lifting.png
Alpha or Omega wrote:You know, I forgot that the cartoon had the one moment where Terry replicates an iconic Spider-Man moment.
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Friendlysociopath wrote:
guardianangel1911 wrote:Huh, so looking for concrete stuff on the suit apparently the cloaking device (and likely other built in functions) drain the suits battery, which probably explains the fluctuating stats of the suit....but also bodes poorly for Terry if that's the case his stats have a time limit Miguel's don't

Pretty sure Terry's been shot a few times and faced clawed creatures before- not entirely sure that's a poor showing for the suit or Terry really needing a plot-reason to beat the thing.
Especially when the video starts with Terry drop-kicking the thing and bouncing off with it not moving it an inch.

I mean if you drop kick a bullet proof vest hanging there held taught by bunjee cords is that actually going to do anything to the vest? Stab it with enough force with a blade of some kind and it will probably go through though.

Also I found a screenshot of Terry getting shot but it looks like some kind of energy blast, did they use bullets in Beyond?
https://i.imgur.com/7HRoS0U.png
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 pm

huh....I thought Terry's cloaking was resistant to thermal imaging....and Barb could only track him via ultraviolet light
https://youtu.be/1H-1wRXts48
but about 2:05 or so, Ace the robotic Royal Flush gang member (think he's a robot) finds the cloaked Terry via a Thermographic vision mode...which to be fair has a wider range than typical thermal I guess but still.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:I mean if you drop kick a bullet proof vest hanging there held taught by bunjee cords is that actually going to do anything to the vest?

It would move the vest- which didn't happen here. Terry basically hit a wall with how much the suit budged from that. Given the 10x boost it's supposed to have- this isn't incredibly unlikely anyways.

guardianangel1911 wrote:Stab it with enough force with a blade of some kind and it will probably go through though.

Blades work different than bullets- that's why different vests exist to deal with bullets and knives.

guardianangel1911 wrote:Also I found a screenshot of Terry getting shot but it looks like some kind of energy blast, did they use bullets in Beyond?
https://i.imgur.com/7HRoS0U.png

I think that was done to be more kid-friendly as IIRC they guns sound like... guns. Not lasers or energy blasts- which sounded different.
You could always use this page and look at the given episodes.
http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Terry_McGinnis%27s_Batsuit
I plan on doing that for his strength feats like lifting.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Blades work different than bullets- that's why different vests exist to deal with bullets and knives.

True, but that's my point, I'm not sure how sharp that thing actually was in the AI controlled suit fight but Terry's suit has been pierced by blades. Like Curare`'s throwing knives (about 2:56 we see the blade penetrated at least the top layer of the suit and Terry's grunts make it sound like it wasn't fun at the very least
https://youtu.be/4mbx3syF04M

And a large dog mutant was able to tear through the top layer exposing the circuitry underneath at about 3:36
https://youtu.be/CEKceWZwEIQ

The Manbat incident, about 30 seconds in he slashes Terry and we see some black stuff fly off, about 53 in when Manbat raises his hand to shout at him there's something red on his claw, not sure if batsuit fabric or if it's supposed to be blood. The series has shown blood before (first episode Bruce bleeding after being hit in the face through the suit with a wrench, one of the Inque episodes a robot arm smacks him and blood is running down his mouth on the suit), also later we see Terry turning into a Man Bat tore the suit up from the inside
https://youtu.be/2oJOQUCXABk

There's also the time against Spellbinder where after he was tricked into jumping into traffic the outer layer gets torn up again and the suit starts sparking electricity (I'm...not actually sure what happens to it there?)
https://youtu.be/udW8V2IRXH0

If Miguel is going for the kill he's going to be using his talons, not punches, so Terry is going to be dealing with slashing, cutting, and piercing damage. Which at the least can probably shred the top layer to let damage happen to the important parts of the suit.

I think that was done to be more kid-friendly as IIRC they guns sound like... guns. Not lasers or energy blasts- which sounded different.

I know that was the case with some shows, but it kinda fluctuates on the sounds in the clips I've been going through, in some they sound like Star Wars Blasters, in others they sound like actual guns, hell I've heard the sound fluctuate between scenes sometimes so far.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates