FactPile "Light" version
FactPile YouTube Channel | FactPile PodCast

Touma vs Sora

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Touma vs Sora

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:04 am

Lowk wrote:Semi off topic
https://www.videogamesrepublic.com/king ... ers/184116
Darth Vader and Doctor Strange in KH3. Didn't think I'd care about the roster but apparently, the star wars/comic nerd in me now do.

I can SEE the white where they messed up cropping the Disney font.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Lowk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:05 am

And it was made 2 hours right before April fools. Damn you TFS and google for getting my hopes up.
Guess I'm back to not caring anymore.
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:38 am

Lowk wrote:And it was made 2 hours right before April fools. Damn you TFS and google for getting my hopes up.
Guess I'm back to not caring anymore.

Star Wars I could definitely see being a thing:
Donald would get pissy with R2-D2 and R2 would sass right back at him
Goofy and C-3PO wouldn't understand one another at all and be equally stumped by what the other is talking about
Sora will be told by Yoda that he senses great power in him but also great fear/hate/darkness blah blah blah
And Sora schools the bad guy and gets a lightsaber keyblade- cue fangasms.
Fairly sure it would be prequels since most of the 4-5-6 movies actually don't have the 'group' together for a decent chunk of it.
Obviously I would doubt 7 or Rogue Squadron would be used, this game has been in production way too long to be using those.
Truthfully I could see Sora popping in on Anakin vs Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan gets knocked away and Sora takes over (may or may not have made a poor animation of that idea before I knew what I was doing- I didn't even know what FPS was back then).

Marvel though, Marvel always felt like a weird fit.
Sora's spot of an idealistic teenager is already taken with Spider-Man and an idealist in general by Captain America and pretty much every Avengers-level threat has been an entire army.
Sora already is going to be fighting armies in his core KH-storyline judging by the trailers- getting another army battle isn't going to make sense or add a lot to the game. Not to mention, unlike most of the worlds Sora goes to, Marvel very literally does not, and will not, need his help since they have heroes of their own that are better than him. Sora typically gets one partner that's worth something in the worlds he goes to- having a bunch of them comes across as odd. They pulled it off in Hollow Bastion for KH2 because its like the 'core world' of that game- which they could do because it was an original idea and because SE probably demanded more screen-time for their characters. Remember, Sora's Disney first, SE second, otherwise he'd be in Dissidia- that game was specifically made with him in mind and Disney shot the idea down.
If you can't have the Avengers, and shouldn't have an army, why use Marvel at all when you're just gonna have to snipe one of the heroes for the plot?
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 am

I have mentioned this before, but i still believe that having either SW or marvel in KH would be weird. I just don't believe that they mesh well together.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Not to mention, unlike most of the worlds Sora goes to, Marvel very literally does not, and will not, need his help since they have heroes of their own that are better than him.

While I agree that marvel would be a weird fit, this is not necessarily a problem they can't solve. The characters that KH borrows were never obligated to match the canon counterparts. Just because they may be stronger than Sora in their original fiction does not mean that their KH counterparts must be stronger than him as well.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Remember, Sora's Disney first, SE second, otherwise he'd be in Dissidia- that game was specifically made with him in mind and Disney shot the idea down.

That's not necessarily true. Sora not being in Dissida doesn't really have nothing to do with him being a SE character first- it has everything to do with the fact that he's not a FF character. That's kind of why it's called Dissidia Final Fantasy. If it had anything to do with him merely being owned by SE, then Square would have no problems adding any of their other non FF characters into the game, but they don't do that.
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:35 am

wingedlion wrote:I have mentioned this before, but i still believe that having either SW or marvel in KH would be weird. I just don't believe that they mesh well together.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Not to mention, unlike most of the worlds Sora goes to, Marvel very literally does not, and will not, need his help since they have heroes of their own that are better than him.

While I agree that marvel would be a weird fit, this is not necessarily a problem they can't solve. The characters that KH borrows were never obligated to match the canon counterparts. Just because they may be stronger than Sora in their original fiction does not mean that their KH counterparts must be stronger than him as well.

Well it's not just strength- but overall Sora would just really feel like an odd man out.
Like for example- Tony and Thor can fly- so they'd leave Sora behind if he tried fighting alongside them since he can't fly.
Hulk would be Beauty and the Beast all over again with Sora presumably trying to help him regain control.
Hawkeye and Black Widow have little impact to begin with.
I can see Captain America I suppose, him and Sora having a chat about losing people they care about while being frozen/comatose would be fairly decent conversation, he'd come off as kinda a discount Goofy though since he's got the same exact fighting weapon.

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Remember, Sora's Disney first, SE second, otherwise he'd be in Dissidia- that game was specifically made with him in mind and Disney shot the idea down.

That's not necessarily true. Sora not being in Dissida doesn't really have nothing to do with him being a SE character first- it has everything to do with the fact that he's not a FF character. That's kind of why it's called Dissidia Final Fantasy. If it had anything to do with him merely being owned by SE, then Square would have no problems adding any of their other non FF characters into the game, but they don't do that.

Dissidia was originally intended to be KH-based, SE said they didn't want to/were told not to use Disney characters for a fighting game, which was why it was rewritten to be more FF based. Specifically that's why they mentioned 358/2 days has multiplayer- it's a descendant of the original Dissidia-KH idea that they couldn't get off the ground.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby wingedlion » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:47 am

Freindlysociopath wrote:Like for example- Tony and Thor can fly- so they'd leave Sora behind if he tried fighting alongside them since he can't fly.

He actually can fly. He does so at the final battle with Ansem in KH1.
Freindlysociopath wrote:Dissidia was originally intended to be KH-based, SE said they didn't want to/were told not to use Disney characters for a fighting game, which was why it was rewritten to be more FF based. Specifically that's why they mentioned 358/2 days has multiplayer- it's a descendant of the original Dissidia-KH idea that they couldn't get off the ground.

I know that, yeah. But what does that have to do with Sora being a Disney character?
wingedlion
Luminous Flesh Giant

Postby Friendlysociopath » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 pm

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Like for example- Tony and Thor can fly- so they'd leave Sora behind if he tried fighting alongside them since he can't fly.

He actually can fly. He does so at the final battle with Ansem in KH1.

Ehhhhh- otherdimensional shenanigans don't count.

wingedlion wrote:
Freindlysociopath wrote:Dissidia was originally intended to be KH-based, SE said they didn't want to/were told not to use Disney characters for a fighting game, which was why it was rewritten to be more FF based. Specifically that's why they mentioned 358/2 days has multiplayer- it's a descendant of the original Dissidia-KH idea that they couldn't get off the ground.

I know that, yeah. But what does that have to do with Sora being a Disney character?

Because the original idea was KH, with Sora and the other Disney characters fighting, which was then ditched in favor of FF. Sora would've been in it had the Disney idea not fallen through. I'm not saying you're wrong- he's not a FF character (although there's always rumors floating around that he'll be used in Arcade) but he's also owned primarily by Disney as an original KH character. That means if Disney says no, SE can't use him. Disney said no for the KH Dissidia, which would've included Sora. Has SE owned him, he's presumably be in the game originally based on HIS series. I'm talking about before production even began on Dissidia, back when it was in the theoretical stages.
I'm told the ownership for that franchise is weird, with both Disney and SE having to check back in with one another since Disney is basically commissioning a game. I expect pretty much any given scene with a Disney character, every animation and model, has to be sent from SE over to Disney for approval. Disney could be more trusting but I frankly would be skeptical on that front.
Disney's very protective with their characters, I'm told they more or less straight-up refused to show Mickey in the first game at all but Nomura managed to squeeze in that ending scene.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Post Deleted.
Last edited by Polloloko on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polloloko
Labled Incurable

Postby Polloloko » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Sorry for Second Post.

I think I fix it now, here it is Lowk.

Touma Kamijou's Endurence Feats ( with some other Feats mixted as well, sorry ).

Here:

Ok, heres a Reaction, Endurance, Speed, Strenght & Resistation to Heat:

Spoiler
Touma have shown to resist Stilyl's all out attack that was stated to be near as hot as the sun + Touma showns that he can out run Stilyl's attack point blank very fast that Stilyl think that he killed Touma but he didnt + Touma fells off from the 5ft floorr of a apartament bulding and survive and keeps runing like nothing happen + Touma shows to outsmart an expert Magican Adult who have years of experience in battles + Touma also showns that he have the strenght to K.O. Adults well trained with experience in combat skills and using Magic to have Superhuman endurance, with one punch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1PHknsT9P-Q

All that happen in Volumen 1 of the series "Begining"

-
Heres another kinda durability feat but its still a feat after all:

Spoiler
Touma got touch in the head by Index's one hit kill magic and it didnt killed him but it destroyed his memories.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JukmAPFA2c

6:43 to 15:45

All this happens in the First Volumen of Index Novel ( Begining ), Touma will get way better than before in the future in the Novels.

-
Heres a lot of Durability Feats here for Touma & also Stamina & Will Power + also Strenght & Speed, also Heat Resistance:

Spoiler
Heres we see Touma letting himself get hit by a piss off Misaka Mikoto before Touma goes fight Accelerator in that same night.

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Toaru-Kagaku- ... s=openload

Start watching from 8:53 to the end of the Episode.

Here we see Touma after getting all beat up by Misaka's All Out attacks, figthing Accelerator ( Who can manipulate Vectors "Mass/Magnitude/Directions = Everything even reality in the Light Novels", him in action = https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jhTaFfG98 , him against Mikoto = https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLU3Lw29biU , him Stomping Awaki = https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pREOMmhHyU8 etc. ) for the first time'

See both full Episodes.

PS. Touma Won.

-
Touma tanking a massive Explosion point blank range from Oriana, as Touma K.O.'s Oriana.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjQwjaF5P0

Start in 3:14 to end of Video. ( It happens to in the Light Novel ).
-
Touma also fought Magic God Othinus

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/toa ... -prefix=es

who did the "End of Everything" as everything was gone exept Touma,

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/toa ... -prefix=es

then Othinus gives Touma a hell of a beating to the point were she orases Touma's existence ( Cuz Touma just keep up going whitout a though ) and puts him in a alternative reality to break Touma's will as she kills Touma "100,000 times" to break him.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/toa ... -prefix=es

then Touma got enough and destroyed tha reality with Imagine Breaker while it also destroyed the "real" reality were everything was gone, as Othinus was on her knees looking at Touma who was stading a long side her like nothing happend and as reality is at it is like if the "end of everything" never happen, Touma Won against Othinus who got her will broken instead.

http://k36.kn3.net/taringa/B/A/F/0/A/7/katuroxx/08A.jpg
-
Hope it works and hope you like ok.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/fa/faacd3431 ... 70b484.jpg
Polloloko
Labled Incurable

Postby Polloloko » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:12 am

Bump.

Sora is more powerful & superior than Touma, but Touma's reactions (Reacted to Othinus insta light arrows) + Precongnation (Accelerator stated Touma have precong due reacting and bearly/slightly dodging his attacks that were "imposible" for a human being to handle) & Imagine Breaker that can negate and destroy any magic supernatural phenomenons (Even reality warping on a Multiversal scale) & if Touma gets his hand/arm cut off, it will unleash Imagine Breaker's true form that are 8 Dragon heads that eat everything the Imagine Breaker couldnt as a hand, then we have the Invisible Thing that is inside Touma and is unleashed after Imagine Breaker fails to keep it in Touma (The invisible Thing is confirmed to be worst than Imagine Breaker) could give him a chance here.

Can Sora deal with the Imagine Breaker's true form? Yes he can, but Sora needs to be at his strongest off the bat to go head on against it.

If the Invisible Thing is out? Then its 50/50 or Sora can go to his strongest form like Limit Form or Final Form to stalemate, but even then, The Invisible Thing will keep eating power until Sora runs out, knowing Touma, when Sora is out, Touma will argue with Invisible Thing to go away, then Touma goes for his Iconic K.O! Punch to Sora.

Touma might Win 9.10
Sora might Win 8/9.10
Polloloko
Labled Incurable

Previous

Return to Factpile Debates