FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Vegito vs Omnimon

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Vegito vs Omnimon

Postby Alpha or Omega » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:17 pm

(Suggester: Polloloko)

Vegito VS. Omnimon

They battle in the DC Cinematic Universe

Canon Vegito & Omnimon can Digivolve into Omnimon X.

Bonus Round: Composite Vegito

Who Wins
A lesson is learnt from victory, a thousand from defeat.
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Re: Vegito vs Omnimon

Postby Darth Bombad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 am

Hmmm Interesting. Question, does Omnimon get access to Merciful Mode?.
"Never! let the weak tell you what to do."
pre vizsla.
Darth Bombad
Check My Brain

Postby guardianangel1911 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am

Well I feel bad for the DCEU if nothing else. Is this just Adventure Omnimon or all variations of Omnimon...I'm assuming the latter since Omnimon X-Antibody is mentioned but I want to be sure. Because Digimon's stuff gets really crazy the more you combine.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Anyone else?
Polloloko
Labled Incurable

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Does canon Vegito mean SSJ Blue Vegito from super?
whatever becomes has already happened before the after thought began at all
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby Polloloko » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:31 am

ka-tet19 wrote:Does canon Vegito mean SSJ Blue Vegito from super?

Yes.
Polloloko
Labled Incurable

Postby ka-tet19 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Can someone enlighten me on omnimon with feats? I'll gladly debate on the side of Vegito if I can understand the opposition first.
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:30 am

Well..that was part of why I earlier asked for clarification on Omnimon/Omegamon version but as we didn't get that and continuities are crossed anyway....

Omnimon is a Jogress (fusion) of two Mega Level Digimon WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon. He's also one of the Royal Knights, an order that normally serves the local multiversal god Yggdrasil. Adventure like most continuities has him capable of matching fellow Royal Knight Alphamon (Omnimon's original name is actually Omegamon). As I said him matching Alphamon goes alongside most continuities, which is important because Alphamon's trick is his super attack packs the power of a big bang in most continuities (rather it does in Adventure is a can of worms) and Alphamon has a time reset ability allowing him to basically infinitely spam the attack until it works.

In Cybersleuth an Omegamon is capable of alongside the main characters canon squad and a few other Digimon including Alphamon take on a corrupted avatar of Yggdrasil controlled by an extradimensional being known as the Mother Eater. Cybersleuth also features characters from Re:Digitize showing up showing both games were connected, there's also extensive discussion about the infinite multiverse in Cyber Sleuth and that the Yggdrasil avatar has the ability to influence and affect them. Have to go but I'll discuss this more later.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby ka-tet19 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:15 pm

guardianangel1911 wrote:Well..that was part of why I earlier asked for clarification on Omnimon/Omegamon version but as we didn't get that and continuities are crossed anyway....

Omnimon is a Jogress (fusion) of two Mega Level Digimon WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon. He's also one of the Royal Knights, an order that normally serves the local multiversal god Yggdrasil. Adventure like most continuities has him capable of matching fellow Royal Knight Alphamon (Omnimon's original name is actually Omegamon). As I said him matching Alphamon goes alongside most continuities, which is important because Alphamon's trick is his super attack packs the power of a big bang in most continuities (rather it does in Adventure is a can of worms) and Alphamon has a time reset ability allowing him to basically infinitely spam the attack until it works.

In Cybersleuth an Omegamon is capable of alongside the main characters canon squad and a few other Digimon including Alphamon take on a corrupted avatar of Yggdrasil controlled by an extradimensional being known as the Mother Eater. Cybersleuth also features characters from Re:Digitize showing up showing both games were connected, there's also extensive discussion about the infinite multiverse in Cyber Sleuth and that the Yggdrasil avatar has the ability to influence and affect them. Have to go but I'll discuss this more later.

Damn. Digimon are more powerful than I thought. So Universal? and one last question for OP is the time limit on Vegito in effect here?
ka-tet19
Ready For Action

Postby guardianangel1911 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:09 pm

In some cases it fluctuates with canon, universal isn't an unfair statement perhaps considering Omnimon X-Antibody in the movie he appeared in killed a Yggdrasil avatar with an attack that also reset the universe they were in.

But well, you've also got other wackiness. For instance I mentioned Re:Digitize, in that game the canon player character partner Digimon for the final battle is a WarGreymon, which is half of Omnimon, who fights alongside the ally characters Royal Knight Ulforce Veedramon (not a typo its Ulforce not Ultforce) against a berserk Lucemon Satan Mode. I bring that up because as a Demon Lord Lucemon is a complicated beast. But for the basics, Rookie Lucemon's power got split into three Mega Digimon (Seraphimon, Ophanimon, Cherubimon) one of whom (Seraphimon) has an ultimate suicide attack that is the equivalent of a big bang. Lucemon digivolves into the Ultimate form Lucemon Falldown mode the Demon Lord of Pride who is considerably more powerful than the Rookie whose power is strong enough a 3rd of it is theoretically universe level...and Satan Mode the mega form of Lucemon is stronger still. The heroes canonically win this battle with WarGreymon playing a major part, WarGreymon is a part of Omnimon who is stronger than WarGreymon.

Oh, and Cybersleuth also revealed that the Demon Lords we see in the anime, manga, and games are fragments of the true entities split infinitely across the multiverse. Each time one is destroyed its power is split infinitely between the remaining versions of themselves. Make of that what you fucking will because either it means absolute bullshit or it's just that the power they have somehow gets split infinitely even though its finite which raises more questions.

Basically opening scaling to the entirety of Digimon's infinite multiverse is a fucking insane can of worms. Even just limiting this to Adventure and not having Omnimon X-Antibody as an option doesn't help much because Adventure has its own games and is tied directly into Tamers due to various events (and also you get the massive crossover during Young Hunters Leaping Through Time where all previous leader Digidestined show up to fight the final boss of the series) and there's all kinds of horrifying scaling even there.

So...depending on how you want to scale or interpret stuff Omnimon can be universal, multi-universal, or some degree of outright multiversal. Digimon's infinite multiverse being open is...a horrifying can of worms in a Pandora's Box in Ryleah.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Next

Return to Factpile Debates