FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Magical Girls Run a Gauntlet

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Magical Girls Run a Gauntlet

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am

Suggester: Friendlysociopath
Characters: Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptors), Rin Tohsaka (Fate Stay Night), Weiss Schnee (RWBY), Lucy Heartfillia (Fairy Tail)

Description:
The 4 magical girls are blasted into a series of dark dimensions with a bleak future unless they defeat all of the bosses said dimension offers. If they fall between rounds they stay dropped but otherwise they're restored in terms of health and energy. They don't need to defeat every enemy to win.
While they must progress through the arenas unless specified, the bosses will be present plot-wise as though the original hero had done their job even if that means multiple battles. So Dracula would sit at the top of his castle waiting for them, Xemnas would be absorbed into his partial Kingdom Hearts, Vergil will wind up in the Demon World with Force Edge, etc. The girls are made aware of each enemy they must defeat but the enemies will not respawn nor multiply.
How far do they get before they fall? If they do?

Temen Ni Gru (Devil May Cry3)
The demonic tower has spawned and everything inside of it, Vergil included, isn't about to let four little girls get in the way of gaining power.

Empire City (Infamous)
Will girl power stave off the gangs and save the city?

Breath of the Wild (Legend of Zelda)
They can all find horses or travel under their own means if they prefer.

Dracula's forces (Castlevania)
Dracula's castle complete with every monster and enemy it has ever had plus Dracula himself (no Soma Cruz, no Belmont, no Chaos).

Fate Stay Night
Rin no longer has Archer but must rely on her 3 new friends (if they all still live) to defeat every other servant in the war, includes servants from all 3 routes but no repeat battle are needed (so no fighting Gilgamesh over and over again for example for each route).

The World that Never Was (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Every boss and enemy that is on that world once Sora sets foot on it in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Eos (Final Fantasy XV)
The car is provided in whatever form is necessary for the point in time they're at for fighting bosses. They'll skip ahead in years without aging if there's a time-skip since IIRC there is one but this does allow for healing.

Vigrid (Bayonetta)
If at any point they need to move through time or cross large distances to reach a boss- the means to do so will appear without cost for the characters.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Re: Magical Girls Run a Gauntlet

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:28 am

I didn't want a gauntlet but couldn't think of how to divide the teams and didn't want a free-for-all either.
Also you really can't find that many non-fanservice pictures of Lucy. I get it's Fairy Tail but damn.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

I love Rin and all, but, the Team more likely are stomped in Round 1 ( Vergil is to fast & more dangerous than the other bosses in DMC 3 ).

If they somehow got to Round 2, then they are still screwd/Stomped ( The Beast ).

I can only see them taking LOZ Round, all other round its a Stomp sorry.

PS. The Team could take Bayoneta Round, I said "Could" ok.
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Polloloko wrote:I love Rin and all, but, the Team more likely are stomped in Round 1 ( Vergil is to fast & more dangerous than the other bosses in DMC 3 ).

If they somehow got to Round 2, then they are still screwd/Stomped ( The Beast ).

I can only see them taking LOZ Round, all other round its a Stomp sorry.

PS. The Team could take Bayoneta Round, I said "Could" ok.

Losing to the ultimate boss of the game would not be a 'stomp'. Losing to fodder enemies would be a stomp. Also pretty sure even Lucy's basic summons have feats matching or surpassing Vergil's in terms of speed and strength.
This is more a battle of attrition than it is power, Sakura in particular can erase things from existence, attack your shadow, BFR them to an endless maze, control time, and then the 48 other things she can do; but these things require large amounts of energy so she cannot throw stuff like that out repeatedly without tiring. The more her team can carry her- the better her chances of saving her best abilities for the hardest bosses.
A list of Sakura's cards
http://ccsakura.wikia.com/wiki/Clow_Cards
She basically has 52 powers, she can invoke multiple ones at once but she doesn't have an extreme abundance of magical power since she's so young. But even in her youngest age she's not exactly weak depending on what card she invokes
https://gfycat.com/GlamorousMeanIbis
https://gfycat.com/PreciousCompleteEyas
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Polloloko » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Losing to the ultimate boss of the game would not be a 'stomp'. Losing to fodder enemies would be a stomp. Also pretty sure even Lucy's basic summons have feats matching or surpassing Vergil's in terms of speed and strength.
This is more a battle of attrition than it is power, Sakura in particular can erase things from existence, attack your shadow, BFR them to an endless maze, control time, and then the 48 other things she can do; but these things require large amounts of energy so she cannot throw stuff like that out repeatedly without tiring. The more her team can carry her- the better her chances of saving her best abilities for the hardest bosses.
A list of Sakura's cards
http://ccsakura.wikia.com/wiki/Clow_Cards
She basically has 52 powers, she can invoke multiple ones at once but she doesn't have an extreme abundance of magical power since she's so young. But even in her youngest age she's not exactly weak depending on what card she invokes
https://gfycat.com/GlamorousMeanIbis
https://gfycat.com/PreciousCompleteEyas

Ah ok, but I mean "Stomp" as the one the Team is fighting against, not the round actually, other than that yes, all other round is a Stomp.

I seen the Magical girl series were Sakura come from due a friend of mine ( Im not interested in the series tbh ), but she is strong and have good magic/spells, but she is not that powerfull tbh ( I seen people comparing her with Superboy and it was a rain If insults in that thread towards the sugester for the "spite" thread ).

Lucy at best is Multi City Block Level with Hypersonic speed with her summon powers into her ( Fairy Tail Fans power scale Lucy to Natsu for some reason like in VS wiki, hell, fans of FT say that Lucy bieng Natsu Level is Bullshit, and its true ).

Vergil in DMC3 was equal to Dante in there second encounter, in that time, Dante allready was fast enough to catch fire ( Tower Feat, it cant be gravity alone, to keep moving through gravity while the fall is holding/pushing you back, Dante would have pushed himself further to run faster than the gravity can pull him away and catch fire ) thats Hypersonic+, then with Devil Triger that will boost them in stats.

I cant see the Team passing Vergil ( Its debateable but still ), Even If the Team pass the first round, then have to deal with:

The Beast in InFamous 2 for Round 2

The Beast was able to release large blasts that covered significant portions of the US, destroyed this much of Empire City with a single blast at the beginning of the game
Thats Large Island Level.

Have the power to destroy the moon ( In the futute he did )
which should at least be comparable to this level of energy)
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl ... g_the_Moon

Thats Multi Continent+ Level.

Fun fact, The Beast from the present is more powerfull than in the future due Kessler time traveling and making the Phare with more power and upgrades than in the future.

In speed, The Beast was tagging Cole who could dodge a beam of radiation from the RFI
https://youtu.be/YeHj_tOD2Cw

Spoiler
Feat starts at 08:59:28, when the radiation starts firing.

The distance is a bit tricky. We see that one section of the pipe/bridge/whatever is longer than Cole's height. So 2 metres or so.

The beam is 3 sections from Cole before it starts firing.

2*3 = 6 m

Reactions
6/299792458 = 0.00000002 s, Relativistic.

Speed
Cole travelled a bit more than 1 section, before the beam travelled 6 m. However, he did not travel in a straight line. So more than 1 section, let's say 3 metres.

Therefore he is 0.5x the speed of the beam, or 50% lightspeed. Barely Relativistic+

High-end
The beam only travelled 1 section when Cole dodges to the right.

Distance is 2 metres

Reactions
2/299792458 = 0.000000007, or 7 nanoseconds. Relativistic+
Cole's head: 6 px or let's say 25 cm

Distance moved: 26 px or 1.08 m

1.08/0.000000007 = 154 285 714.2857143 m/s, 51.5

Thats Revalistic+ If Im not mistaken.

Oh forgot, The Beast can regenerate at a celular Level and Black matter like way.

I cant see the Team clearing this gountlet at all :shock: :?
Polloloko
Misery Machine

Postby Friendlysociopath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

And yet I'm guessing the Beast that Cole fights does none of that? No leveling the city they fight in or anything else remotely near island-level?

And no, Dante is not hypersonic, multiple items in that game insist they only apply supersonic speeds. The "hypersonic fire" also literally never shows up again even when battling Vergil.

Furthermore, we see Dante's bullets fired in comparison to Lady's bullets and they are the same speed- indicating his bullets don't reach hypersonic velocities in the first place to accelerate his sword so fast. Almost everything in the game points to hypersonic speeds not being the correct answer yo Dante's speed.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby guardianangel1911 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 am

The implication is Cole got all of it's powers..but as its the end of the game we don't see the extent of his access.
"Fuck subtle."

guardianangel1911
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 am

guardianangel1911 wrote:The implication is Cole got all of it's powers..but as its the end of the game we don't see the extent of his access.

I had to edit the scenario anyways to make it consistent- if they only get the first world in Devil May Cry and Bayonetta then they only get the first world in Infamous too- it's only fair. The only reason I went with KH2 over KH1 is because KH2 is basically the only time (barring the fucked up memory castle) Sora actually had multiple bosses in the same place and time.
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Friendlysociopath » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

I imagined there would be more Lucy respect threads from a long-running shonen like fairy tail but I can't seem to find any
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Lowk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Wait.
Rin no longer has Archer

So does that mean up until the fate/stay night round She has Archer?
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Next

Return to Factpile Debates