FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Superman vs Goku

This is where you will debate until the main site comes back online.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Authors

Re: Superman vs Goku

Postby hellboy147 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Isn't Jiren part of the super-team from that universe? Who's job is to actively fly around that entire universe to police it?

Technically, He is what Superman is to Justice League, strongest and the fastest. Whenever pride troopers are in trouble, he is there to help them.
hellboy147
FactPiler

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 am

2:50 - 2:60

So your only evidence is the interpretation from a youtuber? We have seen your source, nobody says the ship was too slow.

Jiren saying "its faster that way" can work perfectly well without assuming the ship itself is too slow, when its ready, when its charged, when any potential maintenance routines are done etc.

I guess ill wait until more evidence on the speed of the ships he has access to comes to light and evidence on why he chose to fly instead of using the ship is more apparent, and for why it was faster at that time to use his regular speed. Course, I have no idea how far the planets were either.

Until then this is just another one of those DBZ claims on the pile of "reaching for more" by making a tower of assumptions.

We have seen Jiren in the tournament, no evidence of even FTL, let alone 2000 C so those absurdities seem unlikely.

So, not having a ship seems unlikely given it's his job.

Sometimes shit happens, they cannot be ready for everything. I am not even sure how many ships they even have spare per person.

Is there actually a good excuse to keep arguing about this one? It's not even anything new- we already knew the higher tiers could fly between planets, stars, and galaxies extremely quickly.

At best there is a good case for the Angels, mostly using Warp. Everything else is hazy at best. The Angels also are the only ones who get some benefit of the doubt because like them and those above them (grand priest, Zeno) they are in this mysterious part of DBZ where they have not had any major serious fights and seem to do everything casually.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby hellboy147 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 am

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragon-b ... 913791/#16 might as well just post this here, but this is what happen in the last DB Super episode.
hellboy147
FactPiler

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:22 am

Well when the episode comes out I will expect it to show capacity of a black hole of the size they claim, including the gravity and everything. Or maybe its just your typical psuedo fictional black hole that shares only the name with the celestial phenomenon in our universe.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby Lowk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 am

Kitten Lord wrote:Well when the episode comes out I will expect it to show capacity of a black hole of the size they claim, including the gravity and everything. Or maybe its just your typical psuedo fictional black hole that shares only the name with the celestial phenomenon in our universe.

Psudeo fictional black hole. The thing had a shape of a heart.
Smokey Bear: Omnipotence concerning Wildfires
McGruff: Omnipotence concerning crime
-Deathbattle Never change Deathbattle

Don't try to confuse me with your science.
-Geoff "Z-Bo" Ramsey
Lowk
All Secrets Known

Postby Alpha or Omega » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am

What ever it is, I guess you can say that it was a black heart!

Okay, that sucked, but it was really within its event horizon.
"I've had about enough of your lies; Parker. In other words-YOU'RE FIRED!" - Super J. Jonah Jameson
Alpha or Omega
Zombie Eater

Postby Friendlysociopath » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Lowk wrote:
Kitten Lord wrote:Well when the episode comes out I will expect it to show capacity of a black hole of the size they claim, including the gravity and everything. Or maybe its just your typical psuedo fictional black hole that shares only the name with the celestial phenomenon in our universe.

Psudeo fictional black hole. The thing had a shape of a heart.

According to the the link Hellboy posted they even state light won't escape it and call it a black hole- that's more than enough to make intent glaringly obvious.
Especially when you consider something like half the people around in the tournament routinely fly around the universe as part of their job. It's entirely reasonable to expect them to recognize a black hole- just like a meteor or anything else they might come across in space.

Alpha or Omega wrote:What ever it is, I guess you can say that it was a black heart!

Okay, that sucked, but it was really within its event horizon.

I'd have gone with dark heart myself.
My brother made me marathon those movies for hours on end...
Friendlysociopath
Voice of the People

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:57 pm

enough to make intent glaringly obvious.

Yeah, that they have a heart shaped object called a black hole that "apparently" sucks in light. Fiction loves black holes, but off the top of my head I cannot recall any that act much like them at all. Hell, my Wizard in Diablo can create a "super massive" Black hole. Its field of regard in terms of gravity is a few meters though and does not devour the solar system ;) like almost every black hole spell, weapon/gun I can think of in fiction.

Just poking fun at the assumptions made in the calc really and what is being reached for until the tendons snap.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

Postby hellboy147 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Just poking fun at the assumptions made in the calc really and what is being reached for until the tendons snap.

Maybe you should watch the episode, or pay attention to what he said during his calculations. http://i.imgur.com/ptuQz58.jpg tell me again how this Superman feat is accepted? Do we have any means to figure out it was an 'original' black hole just like in our universe. If you debunk that feat, you might as well just debunk every black-hole feat in the entire fiction, or unless you can prove it is real.
hellboy147
FactPiler

Postby Kitten Lord » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm

what he said during his calculations

I did, it stinks of someone reaching. Putting forward a calc based on unknown values is dishonest, especially when admitting fiction ignores certain things concerning black holes in the same post. Unless the episode says Goku is lifting trillions of tons don't add what is not there. Looking at the one image of the episode in the thread there is no evidence of much gravity at work either.

tell me again how this Superman feat is accepted?

Your asking the wrong person, I probably would not "accept it" at face value if someone is making high end calcs. Course, there are clearer high end calcs for supes where actual numbers and weights are mentioned.

Link me the episode and ill watch it if its been uploaded for free somewhere like youtube.
Kitten Lord
Organ Grinder

PreviousNext

Return to Factpile Debates