FACTPILE IS BACK!!!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF
Take a Tour of the Admin's Mancave

Fictional Conflict

Discuss all things Art, Theatre, Cuisine, and everything that separates us from animals.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fictional Conflict

Postby Megaraptor18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

Given the Era of Warfare nearly became about fictional warfare I figure I should make this for that.

So what is your favorite fictional conflicts and wars. This goes to all fiction in general. Video Games, Movies, Books, Comics, Anime, and so on. So what is your favorite or would like to see fake documentaries for a certain war.

So it can be from the One Year War, the Galactic Civil War, the Great War (Transformers), and so on.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Re: Fictional Conflict

Postby AquilaChrysaetos » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 am

I think the war of Transformers was amazing. (refering to the movies) Especially when they show the war on their home planet of Cybertron in the third one... Although I can't necessarily say it's my favorite fictional war, it is one of my top favorites.
"Many wish they could be the sun, so the could brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you on your darkest hour"
AquilaChrysaetos
Organ Grinder

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Fall of Reach was pretty awesome in the books compared to the game. But Halo 1 onwards was pretty damn good!

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby Megaraptor18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:Fall of Reach was pretty awesome in the books compared to the game. But Halo 1 onwards was pretty damn good!

So I'll count that as a fan of the Human-Covenant War.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:Fall of Reach was pretty awesome in the books compared to the game. But Halo 1 onwards was pretty damn good!

Yep! I am not sure what Halo 4 onwards will have but I am a bit wary of it.

Apparently in Glasslands the latest halo book the humans are trying to create a civil war in the Sangheii race which actually pissed me off, because they are awesome allies!

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Postby shaun182 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Although it is only barely mentioned on the show, the last great time war, has always held my interest.
"Death is but a door,time is but a window, I shall return"
shaun182
Misery Machine

Postby Megaraptor18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Hitman H94 wrote:
Megaraptor18 wrote:

Yep! I am not sure what Halo 4 onwards will have but I am a bit wary of it.

Apparently in Glasslands the latest halo book the humans are trying to create a civil war in the Sangheii race which actually pissed me off, because they are awesome allies!

Why the hell are they doing that shit. I do remember the Sangheii respects the Human race and the Human race is trying to make them destroy themselves... Do the Humans forget that the other races of the Covenant are still around... Just one of those races could finish off mankind. I don't thank race that has only 300 million people left can take on any race of the Covenant without the Sangheii's aide.

Granted I have to ask is any in the Sangheii leadership calling for war against the Human Race before the Humans tried to start a Sangheii Civil War.

Megaraptor18
Site Admin

Postby Jwlynas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:47 pm

See, even here, classical warfare is far more interesting to me. Give me a castle siege over an interplanetary war any day. It helps that fiction gets magic, and has the potential for dizzying heights of lunacy
Jwlynas
Zombie Eater

Postby shaun182 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Spoiler alert

In the novel ONI are supplying arms and other equipment to a sangheii group of religious fanatics, who oppose the arbiter and his stance on peace with humans, ONI are doing this because they believe eventually as human will once again expand and colonise the galaxy, and they will eventually run into sangheii and another conflict will arise, so they attempting to start civil war to weaken them.

In answer to current state of convenant species, for the most part the brutes have returned to own space, with a few staying with the elites, same for grunts and jackals, the prophets and engineers, have disappeared and no one knows where they are, so the elites no longer have the technological support they once had, and can no longer repair and operate the ships and vehicles as they once had, they are suffering since for generations they have only trained to be warriors, and now find them in the position of relearning science, agriculture and politics.

The jackals are beginning to trade with human colonies, and falling to their old patterns of merchants and pirates, little as mentioned of the other species.
Last edited by shaun182 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is but a door,time is but a window, I shall return"
shaun182
Misery Machine

Postby Hitman H94 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Megaraptor18 wrote:
Hitman H94 wrote:Yep! I am not sure what Halo 4 onwards will have but I am a bit wary of it.

Why the hell are they doing that shit. I do remember the Sangheii respects the Human race and the Human race is trying to make them destroy themselves... Do the Humans forget that the other races of the Covenant are still around... Just one of those races could finish off mankind. I don't thank race that has only 300 million people left can take on any race of the Covenant without the Sangheii's aide.

Granted I have to ask is any in the Sangheii leadership calling for war against the Human Race before the Humans tried to start a Sangheii Civil War.
I don't think there is any form of leader waging war on humans, its pretty much annoyed me though....but I agree with everything you have said, guess we are just gonna have to wait and see...

shaun182 wrote:Although it is only barely mentioned on the show, the last great time war, has always held my interest.
Yeh that seems as it would be pretty epic.

Hitman H94
Ascended Slumdog

Next

Return to Art and Culture